Squidgesnes 0.39

Now I only need back the command line rom loading :)
I was wondering... Why did you remove that? Was it causing problems?

Alvin posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
Sorry, DaveC makes me mad :angry:

Yes, I know. ^_^;

But if you just try to ignore them, sometimes the benefits are quite enjoyable
|
|
\/

DaveC posted on Oct 22 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
User has been banned for this post

On another note, notaz, how high of a priority do you have for working on the transparency issue? I would really like to see transparencies, and although I can wait, I just want to know how high on your list that is. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryo posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:31 AM said:
Now I only need back the command line rom loading :)
I was wondering... Why did you remove that? Was it causing problems?
It was not intentional. Probably happened when I merged code with the smartphone version. Too tired to look at the code now.

looks like vimacs got some jollies from banning DaveC...God how he hates him :lol:

btw I actually found yoshi's island semi-playable.....either that, or I've just gone through it so many times I could do it now with my eyes shut :lol:

God Ginrai posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:42 AM said:
On another note, notaz, how high of a priority do you have for working on the transparency issue? I would really like to see transparencies, and although I can wait, I just want to know how high on your list that is. ^_^
The next major update, most likely. It will need lots of work and time, though (this update was fast because I already had working code in the smartphone version).

notaz posted on Oct 22 2006 at 05:55 PM said:
The next major update, most likely. It will need lots of work and time, though (this update was fast because I already had working code in the smartphone version).
Please don't think I'm trying to be pushy here, but when you say it will need a lot of work and time, what's the frame we're looking at? Months? YEARS? :p

I'm just curious because we usually have snes coders come and leave after a few updates :(

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:58 AM said:
Please don't think I'm trying to be pushy here, but when you say it will need a lot of work and time, what's the frame we're looking at? Months? YEARS? :p
I have no idea. Current rendering code consists of ~18000 lines, so there is quite a bit of work to do.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:58 AM said:
I'm just curious because we usually have snes coders come and leave after a few updates :(
SNES is a complex machine and Snes9x code (the base of SquidgeSNES) is even more complex and full of hacks (it changes it's behaviour depending on the ROM it loads, nothing like the Genesis emus), so nothing strange about that. Can happen to me anytime but I hope it won't :)

wish i knew how to program then i could atleast help out instead of being a n00b among the masses here :(

n00bs :p :D

OMFLOG! YOU ROCK! :D

edit:
though I must note that games run with very low volume - even at max volume I find that they are too low to hear properly with even a minimum of background noise. (oh, and apparently a graphics glitch in Mario World is now in order! Yay!)

editYETAGAIN :eek::
FW 2.1.0 turned on the volume limiter. No problems, then!

Ryo posted on Oct 22 2006 at 10:55 AM said:
Marvelous release!
I'm gonna test it soon. Thanks for adding the L+R+Start combo that I suggested and for removing that bug with the "vol min" "vol max" strings!

Yeah thank god that was fixed, that was pissing me off! Since I saw thats fixed I'm definitly trying this one now!

DSR

hmmm, noticed something now - im playing through earthbound, my previous save states work fine and i can play and save and reload without any problem.

but if i turn off the gp2x and try to load my save state i am being given the save state i had before updating squidgeness.

any clues?

notaz posted on Oct 22 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
Mark1970 posted on Oct 22 2006 at 11:43 PM said:
[...]
audio performance hack
[...]
Turn off that hack. It breaks compatibility

Indeed turned of the audio performance hack and tried Chaos Engine PAL to find out it works again.

That is one major thing to achieve, an ARM assambler CPU core. It's first release turns out to be very compatible indeed.

ninja sauce posted on Oct 22 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
hmmm, noticed something now - im playing through earthbound, my previous save states work fine and i can play and save and reload without any problem.

but if i turn off the gp2x and try to load my save state i am being given the save state i had before updating squidgeness.

any clues?

Make sure you exit before turning off.

Coding wise, somebody needs to call sync after "Save State" is called.

notaz posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:55 AM said:

Do you plan to support UIQ3.0 in the future?

I had a UIQ2.0 device and the genesis emulator was the best. This was probably before you got there. It was coded by somebody, nobody or someone like that.

I just want to say great work on both this and picodrive. some menu screens in this have some wierd slowdown but everything overall is much smoother sound is nicer more options and some long needed bug fixes. you've done a hell of a lot for 16bit emulation in a fairly short time. I and I'm sure everyone else here really appreciates your work.

Wow i just played megaman x3 at 60fps (mostly) with sound on (had to overclock to 280mhz) megaman x2 and x1 both ran fullspeed fine with sound oc'ed to about 260. That is freakin amazing. Mario world ran at 60fps with sound on at 200mhz. Excellent job notaz. Once i get out of my small debt I will donate to you even if I have to mail it to you :D

wipeout2000 posted on Oct 23 2006 at 02:05 AM said:
Wow i just played megaman x3 at 60fps (mostly) with sound on (had to overclock to 280mhz) megaman x2 and x1 both ran fullspeed fine with sound oc'ed to about 260. That is freakin amazing. Mario world ran at 60fps with sound on at 200mhz. Excellent job notaz. Once i get out of my small debt I will donate to you even if I have to mail it to you :D
Those were about my experiences with older versions once the MMU hack was added. Mario World isn't very demanding and runs fine with no overclocking normally. X1/2/3 only really got slow in areas with trasparencies or that huge first boss in X3. I'm sure there's a nice bit of improvement from this new sound core, but those games aren't the best place to test it.

Back