SuperZaxxon v.54 Final has been released!

I don't understand why there's a no-wifi version.
Because we need that to sell them in Japan.

Besides, there are a few hundred no-wifi Pandoras out there, so they get a bit cleaner OS as well.
Oh ?

And nothing bluetooth-related ?
Bluetooth should be removed as well, actually. Notified ED about that as well. 

We'd need to do testings and get a certification for that. Similar to CE or FCC, each country has their own specs.

And that would cost a lot of money.... therefore, the device can't do Wifi out of the box, which is fine.
If anyone is willing to pay out of their pockets for it, I can forward the quote from the certifications bodies :) And it's not just about testing and cost, it's not even possible to prepare the Pandora for the testings they require. They need a custom-made setup. 

It should attempt to at least.

There are too many ways to set up OS on SD, so it's hard to make an updater that would work for everyone, so only NAND is properly tested.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm the offline updater seems to have knocked out network manager? can't enable it now?

I've updated the updater .pnd to update to 1.54:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=szupdater1.openpandora.org

This can be used if you have no Internet on pandora or if you are stuck with uninstalled wifi drivers, caused by not running the update twice.

ED: you might want to update the first post with this.
Ran this instead of the usual updater. No Wifi after install, so ran it again... and still no wifi.

D.
hopefully an easy fix! /stay back reflashing goblin/

This can be used if you have no Internet on pandora or if you are stuck with uninstalled wifi drivers, caused by not running the update twice.

Ran this instead of the usual updater. No Wifi after install, so ran it again... and still no wifi.
D.
Hope Notaz doesn't mind me doing this, but here's the fix that worked for me:
Code:
[12:53] <notaz|work> Dunny: might need a reboot
[12:54] <Dunny> ok, did that but I'll do it again 
[12:54] <notaz|work> you get no wifi in UI or UI stuff failing?
[12:55] <Dunny> I go to system->toggle wifi
[12:55] <Dunny> and get a notification that wifi is being enabled
[12:56] <Dunny> and then nothing
[12:56] <Dunny> no wifi light
[12:56] <Dunny> and still none after a reboot
[12:57] <notaz|work> do you see wl1251* in lsmod?
[12:57] <Dunny> no
[12:57] <notaz|work> what does "uname -r" say?
[12:58] <Dunny> 3.2.39
[12:58] <notaz|work> try "sudo depmod"
[12:59] <Dunny> ok, done
[12:59] <Dunny> no output
[12:59] <notaz|work> sudo modprobe wl1251_sdio
[12:59] <Dunny> no output again
[13:00] <Dunny> aha
[13:00] <Dunny> got a notification balloon that wifi networks are available
[13:00] <Dunny> and it's connected
[13:00] <Dunny> no wifi light though 
[13:01] <notaz|work> wifi UI stuff should work now and bring up the light
[13:01] <Dunny> is that permanent?
[13:01] <notaz|work> should be
D.

Not sure if its just affecting me but in Gigolo when I go to 'Connect' , there is only one option ('Custom Location') available in the 'Service type' drop down menu

D.
Hope Notaz doesn't mind me doing this, but here's the fix that worked for me:

[12:53] <notaz|work> Dunny: might need a reboot
[12:54] <Dunny> ok, did that but I'll do it again
[12:54] <notaz|work> you get no wifi in UI or UI stuff failing?
[12:55] <Dunny> I go to system->toggle wifi
[12:55] <Dunny> and get a notification that wifi is being enabled
[12:56] <Dunny> and then nothing
[12:56] <Dunny> no wifi light
[12:56] <Dunny> and still none after a reboot
[12:57] <notaz|work> do you see wl1251* in lsmod?
[12:57] <Dunny> no
[12:57] <notaz|work> what does "uname -r" say?
[12:58] <Dunny> 3.2.39
[12:58] <notaz|work> try "sudo depmod"
[12:59] <Dunny> ok, done
[12:59] <Dunny> no output
[12:59] <notaz|work> sudo modprobe wl1251_sdio
[12:59] <Dunny> no output again
[13:00] <Dunny> aha
[13:00] <Dunny> got a notification balloon that wifi networks are available
[13:00] <Dunny> and it's connected
[13:00] <Dunny> no wifi light though
[13:01] <notaz|work> wifi UI stuff should work now and bring up the light
[13:01] <Dunny> is that permanent?
[13:01] <notaz|work> should be

D.
cheerrs dunny and notaz :)

bugger does not seem to be permanent fix? i have to keep issuing commands after wifi disconnect

oops; I also have the Wifi-driver problem  :(   (I tried to toggled it while using the pnd updater  :unsure:   )..the modprobe works, but the applet does still does not work...anyone an idea how to fix it?

Thanks to Pickle!   :)

Upgraded last night before read this thread... oops .. no WiFi.

Tried Bluetooth (before my morning coffee... too complex). This evening tried old USB-Eth adaptor... no go.

Start-up settings for WiFi and reboot allowed WiFi to work for upgrade. (Settings->Startup->Enable/Disable services on boot)

BUT I had to do the whole process twice.. (2 x) then the on/off WiFi was back in the menu.

Also... I had a random Pandora Test version where the PNDStore was borked. Copying it across on SDcard was ok ... but nice to have it back  :D

Use Ethernet for the second time.
Actually WIFI can still be turned on through the startup settings, so i set it, rebooted, wifi on, did upgrade, turned it off, reboot, all is good
Sadly this did not work for me. Had problems to understand your instruction part "turned it off".

There Dis/en-able Wifi menu entry was gone, the Toggle Wifi in Apps > System as well gone.

Thought maybe Pickle meant "deactivate the boot start service WiFi". Tried that. Did not work.

And for "upgrade" I tried it once and twice, both methods failed.

I think it's time for a full reflash.

I ran the updater 3 times. rebooted to find both WIFI and BlueTooth missing from the selector. I am currenly trying the enable on boot option to try and recover.

Result is a failure. Still missing the option to enable WIFI or BlueTooth. Tried several times.

I guess it is now time to re-flash.

Someone has a weird idea of how to write a user interface. The instructions were:  Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

I had the pointer on "Boot from SD1" I hit enter. Nothing happened. I hit enter again harder, nothing happened. I tried the "Select" button nothing happened. I tried "Start" nothing happened. I tried every button on the keyboard, nothing happened. I finally tried the gaming buttons, it wasn't until I hit the gaming 'Y' button that it started.

Anyway, flash complete, 1st boot in progress.

Same here. I'm using a 1GHz pandora and can't enable Wifi through the GUI. It's possible to load the wifi module manually and yes, than I've got wifi enabled, but the LED is still off.

I found another small problem: I can't shutdown the pandora. Every time I tried it, the pandora seems to shutdown, but will reboot instead :-(

I ended up having to do a full reflash on my Pandora, it seems like it's the best way this time around to make sure everything still works! I had the same wifi vanishing issue, then I tried to update again via Ethernet, when I rebooted my Pandora went into an Auto SD card Mass storage loop, so I don't know if I had restored my wifi or not as it wouldn't allow me out of that menu! A full reflash sorted everything out :)

@DAP I remember this bad user experience from my first flashes. On the other side: In MiniMenu the game buttons are used for confirm/cancel.

@dferch: Yes, this time the updater was flaky. Didn't work for me too, although I did it according to the instructions. Maybe i had a special OS config which failed the upgrade process. Had to do a full reflash.

I updated and now I don't have an accesible option to disable the WiFi...

Also, it would be nice to be able to set WiFi LED brightness level too, not just on/off.

Back