Temper Pc-engine/turbografx-16 Emulator V0.5

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Temper (Turbografx EMulator PER request) is a PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator for GP2X.

Until it's on the archive you can download it here: http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/temper_v0.5.zip

You can consider this "public beta", meaning that I put it through private beta testers but only for a limited amount of time (a couple days, basically). I'm going to create a thread to report problems, suggestions, whatever for it.

Read the readme before using it. Enjoy.

Thanks Exophase ;)

To everyone: I got to beta test it and it is very good. Faster than gp2xengine, good sound, good compatibility.

Very cool. I'm not a big TG16 fan, but have been looking forward to this release.

Also I kinda can't wait to see what DaveC has to say, just because he's been waiting for a new TG16 emulator for so long.

Groovy :)

If I could only keep one of my retro consoles, it would be my PC-Engine! (Don't tell my wife that or she might get the wrong idea and my collection would have to go!)

Is this an exclusive GP2X release? Or will other handhelds get it too?

EDIT: Okay, well read the readme.txt so that explains ports to a degree.

I noticed that DaveC was on the beta, so he knows about it already!

Yeah I know about it :) It is still awsome especially for a "first release". Some of the shooters like SuperStar Soldier could use a little overclock if you are wondering about some sound issues. Just set it to 240 MHz and they are fine. Most other stuff will run perfect at 200 MHz though.

Great release. Finally a great TG-16 emu :)

Another emu on my list of "to test next time I fiddle with my GP2x" (along with the latest ScummVM release, basically).

Looks like amazing work, though, Exophase, especially the twin facts that it's fast and allows saving (which has always been the tradeoff on GP2x TG16 emus).

Thank you :).

Yes!! I've been waiting for this for a while!

It's really good-- what it plays, it plays extremely well.

However, I found a few problems. Space Harrier runs, but when the first ships appear on screen, their sound effect seems to get "stuck" and won't stop playing. Also, loading my Bomberman (the original) rom seems to freeze the emulator.

Other than that, amazing!

Ghouls'n ghosts and 1943 freeze the emulator.
Other games tested (out run, ordyne, turrican, r-type) plays very well with low clock :)

Ooh! Goody! I can't wait to get home to give this a whirl! (If only I'd brought my GP2X to work!! :( ) My GP2X has been collecting dust for a bit, and this will change that in a hurry!!

gracias Exophase :)

noldor73 said:
Ghouls'n ghosts and 1943 freeze the emulator.
Other games tested (out run, ordyne, turrican, r-type) plays very well with low clock :)
Ghouls'n Ghosts is a SuperGrafx game so it will not run. I'm not sure about why 1943 will not run. If you meant 1941 that is also a SuperGrafx game.

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
Excellent as always Exophase, I'm a real fan of your work ! :)

Btw do you plan to port it to PSP ?
Not likely, PSP already has good enough PC-Engine emulators right? I'd have to do a MIPS version of the CPU core and I don't wanna (the C version probably wouldn't make it worthwhile)

Thanks so much Exophase...I'm psyched because someone said Blazing Lazers works on it (it doesn't on other emus). I really appreciate your work. Can't wait to get home and test it!

Finally after waiting so long a PC-engine emulator that works, thanks exophase.
All the games I've tried works great, I look forward to CD, Supergrafx & turbo
button
support. One thing though, the emu crashes to a black screen sometimes
when I load a rom. Non Supergrafx of course, other than that great emu. :lol:

nixeon4x said:
Finally after waiting so long a PC-engine emulator that works, thanks exophase.
All the games I've tried works great, I look forward to CD, Supergrafx & turbo
button
support. One thing though, the emu crashes to a black screen sometimes
when I load a rom. Non Supergrafx of course, other than that great emu. :lol:
You mean it only happening sometimes right? As in, if you try to load it again it won't happen. I think there are some issues like this, causing it to crash on load and exit sometimes.

You can use rapidfire by assigning it in the button config. Try it out.

Back