The Second Humble Indie Bundle!

The second Humble Indie Bundle is available for the next day! I've played half the games already and they're wonderful! I got the first one too, and both are completely worth the (any amount) I paid for them. They also make rather inexpensive holiday presents, with instant shipping ;)

Well, I don't know.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the first one. There was only one game that I enjoyed playing, Gish, and it was still very buggy. Lugaru looked like a game from about ~2000 (I'm not all for graphics and still enjoy old games (or else I wouldn't be here), but if you go commercial, you should deliver a bit more, methinks), Samorost was really short and while nice, not better than the free flash games of the same people, I never liked World of Goo (everyone else seems to do, though) and the last two games I diddn't have time to try. (In retrospect, I should only have donated half of what I did, but nooo, Klaue had to donate the double of the average)

Well, I still gave the second one a shot, because I like the EFF and this is as good of a reason as any other to donate them some money. I diddn't play them yet and I don't have high expectations. I allready played the demo to Osmos some weeks back and it felt like the quicksilver flash game IN 3D!! (still 2D, but with a pseudo-3D-look) and not really that good. Maybe Braid is something, because game mags like GameStar got all over it, but on the other hand, they do overrate games way too often.

Still, I would advice everyone to get it because of three things:

1) To support indie games without DRM. I don't care too much about indie games (just because they are seldomly to never of the same quality as the ones from the big houses, in fact, the only indie games yet that I did really enjoy were Uplink and Darwinia from Introversion Software), but I care about DRM or better, the absence of it

2) You can use that as an "excuse" to donate money to the EFF and I fucking love the EFF :D

3) To support the "Pay as much as you want to"-model, which is an awesome idea.

PS: Sorry if this post sounds overly negative, I'm just being a bit sick of all the people overly hyping the HIB. Sure it's great, but not that great. Feel free to flame me now ;)

PPS: TVTropes links for fun and profit. Be careful, they're probably gonna ruin your life

Last edited by a moderator:
I have purchased both the hib1 and the new one Im please with my purchases I think I paid £10 or about $15 for each of the 2 bundles I really think they are worth the money and its for a good cause too.

Im surprised they didnt try to make any games open source like the last hib.

To be honest, I've bought the second bundle only to get Osmos for cheap.

I bought Revenge of the Titans for mac (which is still in Beta but is already a really fun strategy/tower game) and Braid on ps3 long ago.

And the others game didn't got me hooked…

If some of the games get their sources released, that would be great.

But I doubt they will, since some are still under development like RotT and CC.

The Bundle got extended recently, so it should be available for five more days. I've been playing Cortex Command. It's fun, but there are a lot of features missing. My friends have been talking up Braid, Osmos, and Machinarium though.

Soldat was an indie game that I've burned a lot of time playing. I never registered though.

It rocks. That simple.

Somebody gifted me a code. Pity the Steam code was already used somehow..

Just bought it :)

Great thing this Bundle.... DRM Free, Win, Linux, MacOS version to download and Pay as you want !!

I don't get the point of steam as far as the Humble Indie Bundle goes, can't you download from the HIMB servers for like ever?

I don't get the point of steam as far as the Humble Indie Bundle goes, can't you download from the HIMB servers for like ever?

Because of the new trophies/achievements/success trend.

Many gamers want to get all of these for each games they own.

Sort of an epeen, I think…

I suppose the answer is NO but I lose nothing for asking.

Will any of those five games work on the Pandora (the Linux version I mean)?

I suppose the answer is NO but I lose nothing for asking.

Will any of those five games work on the Pandora (the Linux version I mean)?
Not immediately. If they ever go open source, in theory they might, but interested waned on getting the first bundle working on the Pandora, so I wouldn't count on it.

Not immediately. If they ever go open source, in theory they might, but interested waned on getting the first bundle working on the Pandora, so I wouldn't count on it.

And that's pretty sad!

An Aquaria port would be a great display of Pandora's capabilities.

From the discussions, it seems that Gish would be harder to port because of the more complex physics.

But I still hope that a gifted dev will try to port at least those two games, maybe when more Pandora will be shipped.
wink.gif

I just received a mail that they added the first bundle to my bundle, which they probably did to everyone (which makes me feel even stupider for having bought the first one at an inflated price)

so, if you get the HB2, you might be getting the first one for free. thought you might want to know

I already had the first one, so it doesnt add anything for me. It would for a lot of people who buy only the 2nd one.

If only I had time to play the games :D I would if they were ported to the pandora because I have quite some commute time.

I haven't received the Mail...but i've just checked my download link and i can download also the games of the first bundle. Great :)

The games added are :

World of Goo (available also for Ipad)

Aquaria

Gish

Lugaru HD

Penumbra

Samorost 2

I just received a mail that they added the first bundle to my bundle, which they probably did to everyone (which makes me feel even stupider for having bought the first one at an inflated price)

so, if you get the HB2, you might be getting the first one for free. thought you might want to know

it's not avaiable to everyone, it's only avaiable if you paid the second bundle for more than the average paid price (it was around 7-8$ yesterday...

it's not avaiable to everyone, it's only avaiable if you paid the second bundle for more than the average paid price (it was around 7-8$ yesterday...
Oh, cool. I hadn't even seen that email yet. Nice! I was already regretting not having bought the first one.

I hold out hope that when more people get their Pandora more things will be ported, HIB1 included. I don't think any games from this bundle will go open source though, it seems the last minute surprise is the first bundle included rather than source code.

Yeah, I was hoping the new games would become opensource so they could be ported to the Pandora, but as I've played them, I get the feeling only Braid would work well they might be too heavy on the hardware. Several of the games lag on my home system, but that could be due to its need for an update. Although Aquaria was ported to PSP and it supposedly requires "1.6GHz" and 256MB RAM, so idk.

P.S. I spent some good time last night looking for that interview, and still no luck. I could always join the DR forums and pm that user, if you're still interested.

Back