Transfers... Tranzfers..

I have wondered about the sudden lack of presence from pretty much everyone on the OpenPandora team the last few days. Something's gotta be up. Fingers crossed they are just rigorously testing out the finished prototype which they were due last week.

Consequence9 said:
Thats a bit much & you need to take into account that hawking consoles made by someone else & making one of your own are two different things entirely. Plus this project is of a much bigger magnitude.

Having said that I must agree that we need a statement from the team and soon.
Yeah, I was certainly venting my spleen! But the fact that, as far as I can gather, only about 1200-1500 of the original 3800 preorders have been placed certainly seems that it's not just a few people losing confidence or enthusiam, unfortunately.

Lack of information (blog? come on, one post every couple of weeks is a news page - not a blog) is key to this... nobody can see what's happening, nobody is being told what's happening...

I know it's a massive undertaking, I know it's a ridiculously ambitious project (especially for the amount of people in charge of this), but when it all comes down to it, the success of the Pandora will be determined at how well it sells - and the customers need to be told exactly where we stand in order to restore confidence.

I hope the Pandora succeeds, I genuinely want it to succeed.

MDave said:
I have wondered about the sudden lack of presence from pretty much everyone on the OpenPandora team the last few days. Something's gotta be up. Fingers crossed they are just rigorously testing out the finished prototype which they were due last week.
If that's the case, and I really hope it is, I think a lot of people will suddenly have their faith restored!

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
if i had 29 pages of garbage to read through, i wouldnt want to do it either

superquake said:
Consequence9 said:
Thats a bit much & you need to take into account that hawking consoles made by someone else & making one of your own are two different things entirely. Plus this project is of a much bigger magnitude.

Having said that I must agree that we need a statement from the team and soon.
Yeah, I was certainly venting my spleen! But the fact that, as far as I can gather, only about 1200-1500 of the original 3800 preorders have been placed certainly seems that it's not just a few people losing confidence or enthusiam, unfortunately.

Lack of information (blog? come on, one post every couple of weeks is a news page - not a blog) is key to this... nobody can see what's happening, nobody is being told what's happening...

I know it's a massive undertaking, I know it's a ridiculously ambitious project (especially for the amount of people in charge of this), but when it all comes down to it, the success of the Pandora will be determined at how well it sells - and the customers need to be told exactly where we stand in order to restore confidence.

I hope the Pandora succeeds, I genuinely want it to succeed.

MDave said:
If that's the case, and I really hope it is, I think a lot of people will suddenly have their faith restored!

+1 I feel ya. Yah, I've pretty much just been hoping that they've been waiting to make an announcement with some epic prototype pics/vids. That would definitely quell the fears of many & get the enthusiasm rolling again. One can only hope...

I'm hoping we can get to 30 ASAP. 29 is not a very 'round' number.

MDave said:
Well to be honest, since the day Chip got the job of being the PR, he seems to have disappeared doing other things here on the forum, and now only the unofficial blog seems to be the source for collecting information.
And I think too that's quite bad communications from OP so far and in particular the last few days. Instead of hiding something that's "gotta be up", they should stop this lame thread and clear up the state of things..

I forgot to mention, when you read the line "Something's gotta be up." listen to this at the same time: Yotsuba group Soundtrack. ;)

Just remembered what craig posted in this thread: QUOTE
The final FDM should help to show the unit is almost ready now.
and that was on page 1, his 2nd post in the thread. Not long now then I guess?

My god, still no word from OpenPandora after 29 pages? They should of put all this to bed by now. I don't believe that non of the team has read all these posts. It does nothing to stop all this rumor and panic. It surely won't be good for business. There's probably a lot of people who have changed there minds after all kaos of the last few days. Chips always about but narda from him either. They surely need to step in now with some sort of update else lose a few more sales. This thread will be so bad for business, they must see that. But yet still no word :(

possibly because they're working like they should be. it's been what maybe a week since the thread was started?

And again I dont get why people keep thinking waiting for CC orders to open up means waiting for the second batch. The people paying by transfer DO NOT EQUAL 4000 Pandoras, they might be maybe a quarter of that at best, So even if they get theirs before you you;re still in the first batch.

Also people want ti maintain their "place" in "line" because the preoders sold out in a WEEK. People want the device and they dont want to have to wait another 3 or 4 months for the second batch which is why that seems to be such a horrible fate that people keep using it as the worse case.

I'm unsure about a few things and would like clarification. I paid for two units per CC during preorders, and to my understanding everyone who preordered has their units reserved for them? If I waited until the units were ready to ship to pay per CC again, would I still have two reserved systems to my name? Or will I lose out on on my spot in the first batch.

I tried reading through this thread for possible answers but it was too much to follow...

You'll want to read the new thread Craig just posted
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46235
Seems that Amex orders will be honored, but otherwise they're not going to be doing credit card orders for 4-6 months. I get the distinct impression that there is still some bit of information missing, but I'd bet my left testicle that if it were common knowledge it would just sow more confusion, and my right testicle that it would be a legal risk to talk about it at this junction still, anyway.

Since no one else would. BUMP TO 30! (Engrish) This thread it keeps being surprised!

Olexxy said:
And I think too that's quite bad communications from OP so far and in particular the last few days.
I think we got spoiled somewhere along the line. Imagine if you preordered a Wiz in September, paid your money and were still waiting. There was about four sentences (slight exaggeration) worth of updates on the situation there and they came second hand from the devs as far as I know (don't quote me if I'm wrong). Communication hasn't been a problem in my opinion.

Back