Usa Shipment Method - What Will It Be?


mali

-
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,543
Age
45
Location
EU
Website
Visit site
DHL ftw. I send out a few thousand parcels per year and problems are minimal. This is Germany, where DHL has an established structure and not "global market" they try to cover, I have to admit.
 

paulguy

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
414
Age
31
Location
Buffalo, NY
Website
paulguy.co.uk
My experience is FedEx is fast but may be a bit damaging, UPS is medium speed and may lose things on occasion and USPS has just been slow. I haven't had enough from USPS to determine reliability, but they've never lost anything. Never used DHL. Canadapost to US is dreadfully slow. Overall, I'd say UPS is probably the best deal, since losses/delays are rather rare and FedEx is just extravagantly expensive in comparison and USPS is cheap but also quite slow and in this situation, I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.
 

Monk

Caveman Ninja
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2,091
Location
Mutter's Spiral
paulguy said:
I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.

When people have waied since Sept/Oct 2008 - what makes you say that? What is a few days?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jonjandran

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
282
paulguy said:
USPS has just been slow. USPS is cheap but also quite slow and in this situation, I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.

Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ollonk

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
199
Location
Just outside your peripheral vision
I have had good experiences with the USPS, though I rarely pay for priority mail.

I'll be happy regardless, as long as it gets here safely, or is insured at a value of $400, to protect against the issues that all shipping companies inevitably face.
 

Monk

Caveman Ninja
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2,091
Location
Mutter's Spiral
jonjandran said:
Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mjlink

ithic.com
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
894
Age
45
Location
Bernie Sanders' Land
Website
www.ithic.com
Monk said:
jonjandran said:
Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?

All are same pricing while USPS will get it to you quicker (2-3 days) while the other two take a week at the lowest rate.

It would make more sense for MWeston to ship to the US vs Craig or ED. What shipping is happening up N 'ay?

Danks

Link
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rathum

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
198
It will be sent via dwarf mail.
<Discworld>Dwarf mail is just dwarfs handing the mail to another dwarf heading in approximately the right direction. It's incredibly reliable, but very slow.</Discworld>
 

jonjandran

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
282
Monk said:
jonjandran said:
Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?


It is faster than similarly priced plans from Ups and Fed-Ex. It is cheaper at 2-3 days than anything Ups or Fed-ex has at that speed.

Seriously think it out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

geo12

Retrofuturist
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
713
Location
Ithaca
Website
Visit site
Willrandship said:
Remember kids, if it says two to eight weeks, it means eight to ten weeks!

Haha yes. Oh, the Christmas presents!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Monk

Caveman Ninja
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2,091
Location
Mutter's Spiral
jonjandran said:
Monk said:
jonjandran said:
Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?


It is faster than similarly priced plans from Ups and Fed-Ex. It is cheaper at 2-3 days than anything Ups or Fed-ex has at that speed.

Seriously think it out.


seriously, I thought it out. They can be faster than the competition at the same price, and cheaper than the competion for a given speed, but they can't be faster and cheaper than the competition at a given price and speed., cheaper than them at a given price, or faster than them at a given speed, unless something gives. Like accuracy. Maybe "cheaper and faster than anything in the same price bracket"?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jonjandran

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
282
Monk said:
seriously, I thought it out. They can be faster than the competition at the same price, and cheaper than the competion for a given speed, but they can't be faster and cheaper than the competition at a given price and speed., cheaper than them at a given price, or faster than them at a given speed, unless something gives. Like accuracy. Maybe "cheaper and faster than anything in the same price bracket"?

It is faster than similarly priced plans from Ups and Fed-Ex. It is cheaper at 2-3 days than anything Ups or Fed-ex has at that speed.

Seriously think it out.

High post counts don't give people a right to be jerks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Phawx

Professional Derailer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
1,345
USPS is subsidized by taxes. That's how they are able to give faster service at a cheaper price. USPS tracking system isn't the best though.

I need to do more research. USPS only gets indirect tax subsidies by non-profits and "others"
 

RchGrav

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
3
Your order should be sent via the same method you selected at the time of purchase... According to OP Sales, my order will be shipped via "UPS", which matches my original order receipt.
 

Monk

Caveman Ninja
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
2,091
Location
Mutter's Spiral
jonjandran said:
High post counts don't give people a right to be jerks.


By the time you're being jerk enough to tell people to "seriously, think it out" you probably ought to be making sense.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

second exodous

Advanced Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
2,974
Location
Utah, USA
Phawx said:
USPS is subsidized by taxes. That's how they are able to give faster service at a cheaper price. USPS tracking system isn't the best though.
WTF! So they send out all that junk mail and they get tax money!?!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jonjandran

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
282
Monk said:
jonjandran said:
High post counts don't give people a right to be jerks.


By the time you're being jerk enough to tell people to "seriously, think it out" you probably ought to be making sense.

Wow, talk about not making a bit of sense.

Well played sir, well played.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top