Usa Shipment Method - What Will It Be?

DHL ftw. I send out a few thousand parcels per year and problems are minimal. This is Germany, where DHL has an established structure and not "global market" they try to cover, I have to admit.

My experience is FedEx is fast but may be a bit damaging, UPS is medium speed and may lose things on occasion and USPS has just been slow. I haven't had enough from USPS to determine reliability, but they've never lost anything. Never used DHL. Canadapost to US is dreadfully slow. Overall, I'd say UPS is probably the best deal, since losses/delays are rather rare and FedEx is just extravagantly expensive in comparison and USPS is cheap but also quite slow and in this situation, I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.

paulguy said:
I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.

When people have waied since Sept/Oct 2008 - what makes you say that? What is a few days?

Last edited by a moderator:
paulguy said:
USPS has just been slow. USPS is cheap but also quite slow and in this situation, I don't think people will be willing to accept any considerable delay.

Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

2-3 days ANYWHERE in the USA.

Now if you were talking International, I agree.

I have had good experiences with the USPS, though I rarely pay for priority mail.

I'll be happy regardless, as long as it gets here safely, or is insured at a value of $400, to protect against the issues that all shipping companies inevitably face.

jonjandran said:
Usps Priority Mail is cheaper and faster than any option Fed-Ex or Ups has for the same price.

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?

Monk said:
jonjandran said:

How can it be cheaper than a product from anyone else at the same price? Doesn't being at the same price kindof make it unlikely to be a lot cheaper?

Oh - and I guess USA Pandoras might come from either Canada or the UK, which could make them international shipping?

All are same pricing while USPS will get it to you quicker (2-3 days) while the other two take a week at the lowest rate.

It would make more sense for MWeston to ship to the US vs Craig or ED. What shipping is happening up N 'ay?

Danks

Link

It will be sent via dwarf mail.
<Discworld>Dwarf mail is just dwarfs handing the mail to another dwarf heading in approximately the right direction. It's incredibly reliable, but very slow.</Discworld>

Monk said:
jonjandran said:

It is faster than similarly priced plans from Ups and Fed-Ex. It is cheaper at 2-3 days than anything Ups or Fed-ex has at that speed.

Seriously think it out.

Willrandship said:
Remember kids, if it says two to eight weeks, it means eight to ten weeks!

Haha yes. Oh, the Christmas presents!

jonjandran said:
Monk said:
jonjandran said:

It is faster than similarly priced plans from Ups and Fed-Ex. It is cheaper at 2-3 days than anything Ups or Fed-ex has at that speed.

Seriously think it out.

seriously, I thought it out. They can be faster than the competition at the same price, and cheaper than the competion for a given speed, but they can't be faster and cheaper than the competition at a given price and speed., cheaper than them at a given price, or faster than them at a given speed, unless something gives. Like accuracy. Maybe "cheaper and faster than anything in the same price bracket"?

Monk said:
seriously, I thought it out. They can be faster than the competition at the same price, and cheaper than the competion for a given speed, but they can't be faster and cheaper than the competition at a given price and speed., cheaper than them at a given price, or faster than them at a given speed, unless something gives. Like accuracy. Maybe "cheaper and faster than anything in the same price bracket"?

Seriously think it out.

High post counts don't give people a right to be jerks.

USPS is subsidized by taxes. That's how they are able to give faster service at a cheaper price. USPS tracking system isn't the best though.

I need to do more research. USPS only gets indirect tax subsidies by non-profits and "others"

Your order should be sent via the same method you selected at the time of purchase... According to OP Sales, my order will be shipped via "UPS", which matches my original order receipt.

jonjandran said:

By the time you're being jerk enough to tell people to "seriously, think it out" you probably ought to be making sense.

Phawx said:
USPS is subsidized by taxes. That's how they are able to give faster service at a cheaper price. USPS tracking system isn't the best though.
WTF! So they send out all that junk mail and they get tax money!?!

Monk said:
jonjandran said:

By the time you're being jerk enough to tell people to "seriously, think it out" you probably ought to be making sense.

Wow, talk about not making a bit of sense.

Well played sir, well played.

Back