We got a plan!

Yes, in Europe at least.  In the US it's less clear, so 3G is probably a safer bet.
I see. 4g might be nice to have but would I actually use it? There is alot of wi-fi networks around these days.

Time will tell but 3g is old and slow.
If I had the choice, I would use my own 3G instead of someone else's wi-fi network for safety reasons.

There's no reason I can think of ED can't use the PLS8-E for Europe/World and PLS8-US for USA.

There are a few I can think of why he might not.  The big one is costs associated with getting both, having them put on the board and assembled, and having one version not sell, with those units sitting around.  At the very least, they will be wasting space until they finally ship, and it might lead to lack of funds in getting the other version units made.  I am not sure how much costs would change to have a run of each done instead of 2 runs with just the -E.  In some sense the same may be true of wifi only units, so it may not be an issue at all.

They wouldn't by any chance be very easy to add, would they (such as no soldering)?  If this is the case, the US ones could have it added to the wifi only units when shipped to Link and any other US resellers, or we could add them ourselves.

The chips are pin compatible I guess, so you could just supply the parts as-is (some EU some US versions). But maybe ED has to pay more to purchase both and he has to put in some effort to recognize which ones are US versions afterwards.

I'd like the idea of getting my paws on one of those pre-production Pyras, even if more expensive (is to be expected).  Have you estimated cost of producing 20?
Not yet. My guess is that they'll be about twice as expensive, though.

I'd like the idea of getting my paws on one of those pre-production Pyras, even if more expensive (is to be expected).  Have you estimated cost of producing 20?
Not yet. My guess is that they'll be about twice as expensive, though.
Make sure you have enough units for yourself, your dev team and a couple to loan to known prolific developers from the Pandora (you would know who to best include in that).

If you have any left over after that, auction them.

Me? I'll wait for a production unit. It benefits me to have these early pre-production units in the hands of developers more than it would for me to have one personally.

Wow I totally missed this post. I ended up in the hospital the day of the post till I got discharged today (maybe I read the post and it put me in the hospital with memory lost aye? lol). I would pay $1000 for the Pyra; however I hope the hospital bills don't drag me bellow the estimated cost by the time they are available. I would suggest a payment method but I don't want others abusing this by paying some, getting the Pyra, then no more payments...

I might get a second job for just a month so I can buy all the best quality accessories and what nots you have. So my question is do we have any protection cases, careing bags, and other stuff planned for the Pyra; And if so when might those start get worked on and possibly showcased?

Oh and the reason so you don't have to roll your eyes and ask about the hospital is that my pancreas went full retard and now I cant eat too much fat foods or end up in a ton of pain. Nothing tragic just a new annoying fact of life. Bleh.

Oh and the reason so you don't have to roll your eyes and ask about the hospital is that my pancreas went full retard and now I cant eat too much fat foods or end up in a ton of pain. Nothing tragic just a new annoying fact of life. Bleh.
19fwzw476fytpjpg.jpg

But yes, another interesting thing is the hard pouch bag for Pyra, any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many options already available for cases.  It would probably be better to focus on finishing up the Pyra instead.

There are many options already available for cases.  It would probably be better to focus on finishing up the Pyra instead.
Well there are options yes. but why use something not ment for the Pyra that would fit akwardly and have to make cut outs? Also notice 

when might those start get worked on and possibly showcased?
I don't want the darn thing worked on till after the Pyra is finished. Its a question as to how long we might see accessories be added. I don't know how long it takes to develop a perfect fit outer case or a new bag with the Pyra symbol on it; and I wouldn't mind if they took a break after the Pyra got finished before adding stuff but would be interested in having an idea.

I really hope the new case will have a belt clip. As the standard Pandora hard case doesn't feature one I had mine modified in a leather shop:

pandora-case-small_P1150826.jpg

I really hope the new case will have a belt clip. As the standard Pandora hard case doesn't feature one I had mine modified in a leather shop:

haha sweet. I know evil dragon will make a new case. if only by just changing the symbol. I expect the Pyra would be bigger than the pandora was so lets hope minor case changes happen too. If not Im ok with what ever is available.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is a great idea.  I don't think this is exactly how I would have had it done, but I like it a lot.

I expect the Pyra would be bigger than the pandora was so lets hope minor case changes happen too. If not Im ok with what ever is available.
The Pyra will probably be very close to the same size.  A big concern was keeping it the same size so that it is still pocketable.  Unless the numbers have changed, Pyra is within a mm or 2 in every dimension of the Pandora.

You missed out on the early blue ones with white piping. They had a belt loop on them. They also make a very convenient case for a P238, but that is another subject entirely.

The Loop was great, but the Case was just too thight for most Pandora, so i think something like the existing Carrycase V2 (the Hardpouch), but whit Pyra Logo and a bit tougher bands which holds the device in place would be good..

i also would like something like a silicone sleve, for poket carry.. as i carryd my pandora most times just in a pocket of my pants, because whit  all these lots of games its have on SD Card, you only needs the Device to carry most times..

unless Vita and 3DS, where you also needs some games as long you dosnt want to stuck whit only one game..

Back