We got a plan!

You missed out on the early blue ones with white piping. They had a belt loop on them. They also make a very convenient case for a P238, but that is another subject entirely.
The pistol?
Yes. Three spare magazines even fit in the SD card slots. Since this discussion is not appropriate here, I won't speak further to it or provide pictures. It is such a perfect fit, though, that for those of us who live where such things are commonplace, it makes a very nice range case.

You missed out on the early blue ones with white piping. They had a belt loop on them. They also make a very convenient case for a P238, but that is another subject entirely.
I actually went through three of them - always teared somewhere, mostly on one side where the belt loop was fixed to it - before I got the hard case. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe it's so close. Unfortunately, I'm wanting for the Pyra revision or Pyra 2.0.

Why would that be? Outdated CPU?
Not exactly, I mean anything they put in it will be outdated before it comes out. I just wanted a more modern cpu.Also, looking for camera options. Just a L shape usb camera made specifically for Pyra would be good.

That or I might just cave in and get it when it is cheaper. :p

Also, looking for camera options. Just a L shape usb camera made specifically for Pyra would be good.
If this community has anything to say about it the next version most likely won't want a built on camera either.  But the modular nature of the Pyra, there may not be any changes in the base of the unit for a decade.

Look at the Pandora. It's dinosaur old and defunct by most measures, and yet every week there's something new and awesome.

This community will absolutely rock the Pyra. I don't think a revision will be necessary anytime soon!

If this community has anything to say about it the next version most likely won't want a built on camera either. But the modular nature of the Pyra, there may not be any changes in the base of the unit for a decade.
Base on the camera thread, the community is nearly split and having it as a separate version wouldn't hurt the ones that don't want a camera.
Look at the Pandora. It's dinosaur old and defunct by most measures, and yet every week there's something new and awesome.

This community will absolutely rock the Pyra. I don't think a revision will be necessary anytime soon!
Not saying they wouldn't lol, but I was still hoping for a little more power.

If this community has anything to say about it the next version most likely won't want a built on camera either. But the modular nature of the Pyra, there may not be any changes in the base of the unit for a decade.
Base on the camera thread, the community is nearly split and having it as a separate version wouldn't hurt the ones that don't want a camera.
Actually it does, ED had to guess how many of which have to be produced. And if he's wrong he would sit on the leftovers including its costs.

Also including a cam would mean changing the case design, the board designs, etc etc. More delay for all. Just buy a tiny usb cam. Would be even cheaper.

Actually it does, ED had to guess how many of which have to be produced. And if he's wrong he would sit on the leftovers including its costs. Also including a cam would mean changing the case design, the board designs, etc etc. More delay for all. Just buy a mini usb web cam. Would be even cheaper.
I meant for later on, sometime after the first batch and the production problem would be there even for the original, so that isn't really a con for it specifically. If he is really scare,if possible, he would probably just make it a smaller batch. Assuming the hardware postion would cause that much of a revision. As I said before, the ones I seen, is defeating the purpose of the Pyra. Only good one would be one specifically made for the Pyra.

Sorry, this "feature" they recently added to this browser, is making typing difficult.

The molds alone to produce the case cost close to 50,000 euro. This isn't including design changes or the cost to produce the cases... so yeah on big con for adding a camera.

^ only on a superficial level.

Don't make me recreate humanity from scratch just because you guys are rebelling against my schooling system. It's a good system. It works.

Trust me... it will all be clear once you've graduated.

Golden Deli. Comp. ‏@goldelico  9m9 minutes ago

components for the #pyra #omap5 #cpu board waiting for the PCBs to arrive.

CKqZNznWsAACJDT.jpg

kwijl.gif

Don't make me recreate humanity
That could possibly be the worst choice ever in human history.

I am pretty excited about the components and prototypes.  It is an odd feeling for me.

If I could I would buy one of the prototypes. An even better reason than lack of money for me not to buy one is that they should go to the people that will benefit the project the most, such as those with skills that can produce results (software) to benefit us all in the future.

This may be a stupid question:  Will the serial numbers actually tell us that our Pyra was approximately that number that was produced, and maybe when it was made?  I love that this can be done with other things (watches, computers, etc).  I don't know what happened with Pandoras when it came to serial numbers, and now I will try to find out.

Don't make me recreate humanity
That could possibly be the worst choice ever in human history.

I am pretty excited about the components and prototypes.  It is an odd feeling for me.

If I could I would buy one of the prototypes. An even better reason than lack of money for me not to buy one is that they should go to the people that will benefit the project the most, such as those with skills that can produce results (software) to benefit us all in the future.

This may be a stupid question:  Will the serial numbers actually tell us that our Pyra was approximately that number that was produced, and maybe when it was made?  I love that this can be done with other things (watches, computers, etc).  I don't know what happened with Pandoras when it came to serial numbers, and now I will try to find out.
The old ones had a sticker inside... I had a low number but got it replaced several times...

Was looking for a picture of my serial number and found this "old" dutch pandora meeting picture

http://home.planet.nl/~slotm048/pandi.jpg

Don't remember who are on that picture (not me)

Edit:

Ah found it, number 62 

62-2.jpg

One of the rare craigix ones :D

Back