What app / game do you want to see? :)

Here's I think a nice, but rather large, idea...

You know how you can sort by "Type" of software over here:

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects

Demonstrate ONE thing from EACH of the categories (unless it's unusable, and unless you already did it in a previous video). Currently, these would be:

Audio - music manager

Audio - music player

Audio - music tracker

Graphics - animation

Graphics - fractals

Graphics - image editor

Graphics - image viewer

Graphics - vector drawing (unusable?)

Media Player

Network - BitTorrent client

Network - digital TV

Network - FTP client

Network - IM client

Network - mail client

Network - RSS Reader

Network - VNC client

Network - VOIP (unusable?)

Network - web browser

Network - Youtube client

Office - calculator

Office - CHM Reader

Office - diagrams

Office - dictionary

Office - eBook Reader

Office - EDA

Office - journal

Office - memory aid

Office - openstreetmap editor

Office - organizer

Office - spreadsheet

Office - text editor

System - app launcher

System - Application Downloader/Updater

System - encryption

System - file archiver

System - partition

Hmm... actually that's more categories than there are days left, so I don't know. :)

That pretty much sums things up. I would include DOSbox running Oregon Trail Deluxe, Gold Rush, Wasteland, Crime Fighter (especially this, as I immediately thought of Crime Fighter when I invested in a Pandora). Both are free at the long running Home of the Underdogs website. [mod edit - url removed. 'abandonware' is not always legitimate freeware.]

Last edited by a moderator:
ORIC! ATMOS! PANDORICUTRON. Play all the latest games, ED!

2 for the new guy HSX...welcome to the board

The game running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Rzraz0jRQ

My son completing Act 2 on his first set of lives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKamH47ojQ

He nearly cleared the boss aswell, which isn't bad for 6yrs old and a first ever go!

Out of interest where does a game like this stand in terms of legal emulation status? It isn't the CD version (don't own among other CD titles) and isn't the original title (which I do own). Is this more community owned/shareware as a result?

Thanks a bunch! :) Looks like it runs perfectly which is music and candy to my ears!

Also, I think it's more of the original game. Reason: the bulk of the levels are the same as the original. Here's a comparison:

Sunny Shores = Green Hill

Dark Fortress = Marble

City Outskirts = Spring Yard

etc

In fact, the hack is Sonic 1 Megamix. It's basically all of Sonic 1's code modified a LOT and ported to the Mega CD. So yeah, it's Sonic 1 changed around a bit, basically.

Also I have Sonic 1 as well- my dad got a genesis as a teen and got Sonic 1 and 2 :)

I would like to see some bluetooth transfer like from a cellphone to the pandora, SSH connection to router from terminal, vlc player, transmission working, xchat, pandora's gui task manager (killing processes etc), are there any shortcut to switch between running apps like ALT + TAB?, blackberry phone internet tethering, it is flash supported on web browsers? if yes can you make a demostration of bandwidth measuring by entering to www.speedtest.net to see how well it works?, some linux card games like solitaire, cpu load percentage with a couple of programs running, super mario war gameplay, some lan pandora to pandora direct gaming, some online gaming, some VNC demonstration.

Some NES emulation (super mario bros 1,2 and 3, duckhunt, kirby, P.O.W., Super contra, etc)

Some gameboy/gameboy advance emulation (golden sun 1 and 2, mario, mario kart, zelda, pokemon, metroid, megaman, castlevania, etc)

Some cps2 emulation (marvel vs capcom, marvel super heroes vs street fighter, street fighter alpha 1, 2 and 3, etc)

Some neogeo emulation (king of fighters 2001, 2002, 2003, king of monsters, double dragon, last blade, samurai shodown, 2020 super baseball, aerofighters 2 and 3, metal slug)

and respective emulators features

Are there any sega saturn emulator?

if anything else comes up I will let you know, by the way, all of the 9 videos so far have been GREAT, really good work mr evildragon, thanks, a lot.

[…]

Also I have Sonic 1 as well- my dad got a genesis as a teen and got Sonic 1 and 2 :)

Don't know why, I feel old suddenly.

So, I too, would love to see GemRB running Planescape : Torment and Baldur's Gate too.

If I could finally get to the end of those two games on the Pandora, it would be really great!

The one thing I would like to see is Quake 3 Arena. That's maybe the most demanding game for the system at the moment, and I would like to see in detail how it runs and how it's played with the right control setup.

If the N64 emulator was more optimized it would surely be very cool to see how Perfect Dark could run. That's maybe the most demanding game for the N64.

The one thing I would like to see is Quake 3 Arena. That's maybe the most demanding game for the system at the moment, and I would like to see in detail how it runs and how it's played with the right control setup.

If the N64 emulator was more optimized it would surely be very cool to see how Perfect Dark could run. That's maybe the most demanding game for the N64.

Here's an older video of someones that isn't in the Video Vault.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iKtW_mpXyJg?feature=oembed

There's no sound activated and its on a one nubber but the GFX speed is pretty good. Also Jet Force Gemini and Super Smash Bros.

Don't know why, I feel old suddenly.

Well, I'm not exactly sure if my dad got it as a TEEN, but more like a young adult, when he still liked gaming. The max year he could have gotten SOnic 1 would be what, 1991? That's 19 years ago, so he'd be in his 20's I think.

I would like to see Fallout 1 running in Dosbox and to see if it will ever be playable.

You still need to give PandoraPanic! a nice spot in a video! :p

I'd also recommend the Panjoust demo.

And that's enough bias from me...

I think a nice demo of how versatile the Pandora is, like "OMG I'm word processing, now I'm killing Ganon's moblins, now I'm searching for Big Whoop!"

... the tickets are now diamonds, I'm on a horse!

Ed, when you get to the C64 demo, please tag on one single Vic20 demo on the end - Omega Race. I would absolutely LOVE to see how that plays on the Pandora controls. Thanks!

I would definitely like to see a PSP emulator. Then I could get images for the games I already own and just leave the PSP at home and use the Pandora instead. Other than that, just looking forward to either getting a SIP provider and a good SIP client or some interesting VoIP software that, like Skype, allows "internet" to "cellular calls" and/ or SMS.

Does Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory work? :p

That’d be awesome.

The original minimum requirements were CPU: 600 MHz, 128 MB Ram, 32 MB GPU. So the Pandora should be able to handle that?

(Free Download)

I forgot who, it may be Pickle... But someone is working on it. Last I heard it still had some issues running.
PICKLE PICKLE PICKLE - I'm not sure if this will work but it did on Beetlejuice.

Dear Mr. Pickle sir, Have you had a play at porting this? If so how did it go?

Ed, when you get to the C64 demo, please tag on one single Vic20 demo on the end - Omega Race. I would absolutely LOVE to see how that plays on the Pandora controls. Thanks!
Omega Race with nubs as a joystick... Urm ED I'll be needing those perfect nubs of yours after all. :p

Edit: Nice first post of yours MacGuyver. I'm a fan of your later work BTW. :p

Some suggestions

OpenOffice (or at least odf and its import filters for .doc .docx and .ppt)

Samba3

navit

Location based filemanager views and menus based on ssid/id_str="" (and maybe bt gps)

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I would like to see if Netflix would play over a VNC. My problem is that even if ED knows what Netflix is I am like 95% sure there is no Netflix in Germany :/ I thought it would be really fun to watch movies that way.

Back