Wireless driver w/packet injection support- Bounty

the masses may not have a need for it, also being as it is based off the patches for the n900 it may increase battery drain while running..... but we should get to testing the tools and maybe making a making our own little hack pack haha. backtrack arm runs well in a chroot as listed on alans bitchin pwndora blog, and running swap and a bit of overclock makes it pretty usable i find. although the pandora alone may not be suited for a full scale pen test, if you bt tether a a phone to it for internets and have a more powerful remote machine to chat with via ssh, it can become a pretty handy tool.

ive been short on time with work and i have to go out of state to a wedding this weekend but by monday night i know im free and i will get down to work! the routers and vm server are all setup, i just need the free time!

I got the chopchop attack to work too, but it may need some new drivers, will try to put something together if you have problems after testing.

Haven;t had any luck with fragmentation attack, but might be my access point not wanting to play.

cool, i have a couple ap's i can try. monday afternoon all i wanna know about is a 12 pack of miller high life, initialization vectors, and wep keys. ill report back with the results from each attack. other than just testing wep i wanna see if we can do other fun stuff like deauth wpa clients for psk's. id like to get into testing over the weekend but feal it may be inappropriate behavior for a wedding...

Nice can't wait ill try some basic attacks on on my network tonight and report back. But can anyone package up wireshark for me? Want to test the traffic monitor on it with the panda?

On another note, this will be perfect for a mobile pen testing tool!

Haven't spent too long on this, but wireshark from the angstrom repo doesn't show any interfaces. But it will open captures just fine. tcpdump is working fine too

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't spent too long on this, but wireshark from the angstrom repo doesn't show any interfaces. But it will open captures just fine. tcpdump is working fine too

you may have to run it as root to show the interfaces, i think the command line tshark in the repos too which i havent played with recently but i think it worked when i tried it

imho, putting this in the hotfix is a good idea. very, very good idea. it opens the door to using the pandora for a lot of great things, hosting local AP's, mesh, etc.

got home later than expected last night so no serious work got done. started messing with the patches while the wife was driving though. edited the toggle wifi sh accordingly but got a bash interpreter error. it was put together on a win box i pressume? when i get home later ill dos2unix (correct program for job?) the script on my other machine and try again. couldnt find it on angstrom.

ok so you have to convert the script. i used fromdos 'filename' on ubuntu. now i get errors on line 88 when i run the script but if i test injection with it running i do get probe requests, just needs a ittle more tooling on my end... alternativley i can try your script unmodified and set my files up as you have them in the script. that might be a good option for someone uneasy with modifying the script.

just remove everything other than the rmmod and insmod commands, that should load the modules properly, if it's in the correct order. I'll try to take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems if i just run the script with the rmmod and insmod commands it breaks my wireless haha, are you using the original wifi driver or the one notaz patched for monitor mode? also this may be a stupid idea but how is your file tree setup? what hotfix are you on? are you working off the nand or sd? and if all else fails do you have fast enough internet that you could make a backup image of your machine and send it on over so i could just try a flat out copy of your pandora to see if it works on mine? i just got a new sd card in the mail so ill try it with a fresh flash too, tonight if possible.

Hey, has anybody been able to successful in using the new drivers. I keep getting an error whenever I try to insert any module:

insmod: error inserting 'compat.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

I tried using them on both HF5 and HF6 Alpha 4 but no luck in both firmwares :(

Back