Your Place In The Preorder Line?

Your Place In The Preorder Line? (bins of size 250)

• Total voters

Gruso said:
It would probably be a grand time to stop emailing Jacquelyn to ask about queue positions. She got swamped with address confirmations last week, now she's got all the outgoing stuff to manage. It's really unfair to ask any more of her. :)

To be fair, I did originally email before xmas... :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
Gruso said:
It would probably be a grand time to stop emailing Jacquelyn to ask about queue positions. She got swamped with address confirmations last week, now she's got all the outgoing stuff to manage. It's really unfair to ask any more of her. :)

To be fair, I did originally email before xmas... :)

D.
Me too on December 9th 2009 and this is the reply:

Hi,

So sorry for the late reply, lots of emails:)

Your approximate queue position is 400 -500.

We are both fine thank you, but looking forward to at least 2 days out of the office over Christmas.

Best wishes
Jacquelyn

They are probably pulling hairs out now with all the correspondence flooding in so it's better people bother them only with payment issues or ordering.

Zotty said:
suffer1989 said:
im 3950 ISH :(
Being probably somewhere in the same range, I'm curious when you ordered.

I ordered one last February 22th
Towards the end of Feb, or very early march.

I have no idea where I am in the queue and I don't remember exactly when I ordered. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the first 1000 but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna keep checking my emails, just in case enough people cancelled or something...

Yes, I must admit to being somewhat of a lurker, however I fully intend to redeem myself in one way or another..

rmm21 said:
Me too on December 9th 2009 and this is the reply:

Hi,

So sorry for the late reply, lots of emails:)

Your approximate queue position is 400 -500.

We are both fine thank you, but looking forward to at least 2 days out of the office over Christmas.

Best wishes
Jacquelyn

You're in the same queue region as me then. They did say that it'll likely be shipped while I'm on holiday. And here I am, on my annual leave, posting to GP32X. The mrs is not gonna be pleased ;-)

D.

I wonder where the hell I am in line as well.....

I paid with a CC the very first day and got confirmation the morning of the first day, so I was in the top 500 or so I would guess. But then the whole issue with having to refund the credit cards, and figure out a bank transfer, I didn't get them money until February, it was a huge effort for me to get the money through to them.

Although I still have the same order number I did to begin with, do you think that will hold my place in line or am I pushed back with all the extra stuff I had to go through?

Nailz said:
I wonder where the hell I am in line as well.....

I paid with a CC the very first day and got confirmation the morning of the first day, so I was in the top 500 or so I would guess. But then the whole issue with having to refund the credit cards, and figure out a bank transfer, I didn't get them money until February, it was a huge effort for me to get the money through to them.

Although I still have the same order number I did to begin with, do you think that will hold my place in line or am I pushed back with all the extra stuff I had to go through?

I didn't manage to get funds until a lot further on that you did, and I'm 400-500 - so you should be ok. They did say that we'd not lose our place in line.

D.

MrBlais said:
Wow.. Finally on the ball. :) - I have banned myself from this forum for a few months.. It paid off..

Judging by everyone's place in line, I ordered mine in March 2009, so does that mean I'm in the upper 1,000's? I asked jaquelyn a few months ago and she told me I was in the upper 2,000's; Did a lot of people cancel or what?
Emphasis mine.

See my post here
The gist is, there have probably been over 300 cancels per month, which means more orders have been canceled than are active!

This also means that the poll here is trying to track a rather quickly moving target, and that is probably one of the reasons why there are so many inconsistencies, people need to report when it was that they were told their place in line, not just when the order was placed. (which itself consists of different stages, such as the website/e-mail versus payment clearing)

clippa said:
Thanks for this thread :D I didn't want to bother the team with something so trivial but I REALLY did want to know whereabouts in the queue I was :D
My order was confirmed by email on February 3rd 2009 so I'm guessing I'm around 1500. That's not too shabby at all.

My order was confirmed by email on January 30 2009. When I added some items to my order in mid-December, I also asked Jacqueline my place in the queue and she told me 1550 - 1650.

So, depending on the number of people ahead of us in the queue that cancelled their orders in the last 5 months (probably not many :p ), I'd say 1500 is a good estimate.

Now we just have to hope that the remaining 3,000+ cases will end up in the UK before these first 1,000 units are built.

Not gonna bother emailing to ask for my place...but my confirmation was Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:21 AM CST...so that's 2:21PM UTC...? Should be pretty early in the cue, based on that. :)

I think I ordered sometime late October 2009.

Does that put me somewhere in the mid-2000's?

Just thought I'd add to the list and to the confusion a little bit. Technically I should be in the first few hundred...preorder time of 14:20 UTC, but when I queried Jacquelyn six or so months ago I was told 1100-1200. I'm guess my CC cancellation, not reordering via bank transfer, and then reordering with Google Checkout 5/21/09 when it became available made a difference in my queue position. Anyway, not sure what that information's worth but I thought I'd mention it. I keep hoping the 1100-1200 estimate is a mistake and I'll receive an email any day now...but alas it probably is not. :) I guess I'll drag out my ommpc code to keep me busy in the interim...

I ordered on the 30/01/09. According to the list, that puts me at about 1001 - 1250.
Not bothered emailing about it though, so it could be wrong.
Anyone else ordered around that time and already got an email response for it?

EDIT: Never mind. Just seen Dr.Crows post at the top of the page :)

Am I right or wrong here?

Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:19:00 +0100 (BST)-0100 = Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:19:00 +0000 (UTC)

Anyone else around this time gotten their shipment email? 'cause I got nothing so far and it's worrying me a bit.

Coder_TimT said:
Just thought I'd add to the list and to the confusion a little bit. Technically I should be in the first few hundred...preorder time of 14:20 UTC, but when I queried Jacquelyn six or so months ago I was told 1100-1200. I'm guess my CC cancellation, not reordering via bank transfer, and then reordering with Google Checkout 5/21/09 when it became available made a difference in my queue position.
The re-preorders were only available for a few months. You probably waited too long, they canceled your original order, and then your reorder attempt was effectively a whole new transaction.
Take a look at the transaction numbers in your original and your reorder you eventually did, see if they're the same. That's one quick way of checking.

@mindlord - As far as I know, you're right there, yes. My ordering e-mail has a time-stamp a short time after that, and I have nothing yet either.

Back