2 New Blog Posts: 98% Success Rate! + Lightpipes

I'd prefer the silkscreen be kept so that myself & others can tell which LED is for what at a glance. I have trouble with that sometimes even when stuff is labelled. It's been mentioned before that the DS got away with it because there were only two, but here we have six to account for.

A semi-offtopic question: can anyone confirm all LEDs are controllable via software despite what they might be dedicated for? (ima put the extra LEDs on the empty pads & have my panda do some nightrider shit on startup ;])

craigix said:
Black. Just black. Totally black. No text, no icons, nothing.

That's your special edition right there. What do you think?

I'll take one!

After ~30 min you will know what the LEDs are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the silscreening. Don't you think we should have a proper poll before making decisions like these?

Yigguth said:
I actually like the silscreening. Don't you think we should have a proper poll before making decisions like these?
Forum poll != proper poll

fiori_musicali said:
Yigguth said:

A forum poll with a good turnout may not be a "proper poll" but it still serves its purpose.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
fiori_musicali said:
Yigguth said:

A forum poll with a good turnout may not be a "proper poll" but it still serves its purpose.

-God Ginrai

What is this purpose you speak of, as a forum poll sure as hell can't account for the opinions of those who don't attend the forums, which must be a vast majority. This is a pretty isolated environment with many inside jokes, phrases/idioms etc., so surely our point of view must be a bit warped. Also, democracy = two idiots outvoting a genius. Never decide anything based on public opinion - rather take in what they've got to say, let it influence your decision to a considerable degree, and then make up your own mind about it.

craigix said:

I think "I WANT I WANT I WANT".

Unless you mean, the screen also. I could maybe live with a monochromatic screen, but a zerochromatic one wouldn't be so convenient.

If its going to be black, can we have black LED's too, and also the buttons: they need to be black. The screen? Make it black.

Now excuse me, I have to go eat this pig, he's offering me his rump and it does look delicious. Don't mind the robot, he's just depressed.

What bugs me about the all black suggestion is that it goes against what was advertised. All of the renders have silkskreening!
also you just shoehorned that hhgttg reference in there didn't you torpor

First thing hello all, I've been reading around here for quite a time but never feel like posting...

craigix said:

That's a great idea (to my opinion at least ^^) all clean classy and simple.
And anyway the pandora logo is directly molded. I guess all "first batchers" if not all pandora owners ever can recognize an usb port when they see one.

Of course a poll will be skewed, because I'd vote for all black even though I'm going to be getting a 2nd batch unit.
Most people who operate a Pandora will be smart enough to figure out all the ports themselves, and the ones who aren't, or who don't have the time ("My Pandora arrived today and I need to find the USB port NOW!!") can read the manual.

craigix said:

completely matt black. doesn't reflect, doesn't glint - heck, it should make a room darker when you take it in there purely by dint of its incredible light-sucking blackness. It'd work for me :D

Yigguth said:

No, I don't think we need a poll. Maybe we need them to silkscreen broad white stripes on the thing so we can each scratch out our own preferred design.

I'll be etching my own patterns into the thing as soon as it arrives anyway .. hooray for the lazzzor cutter!

fiori_musicali said:
Invisiblemoose said:
fiori_musicali said:
Look at the Pandora logo. What does it say? It says: Pandora. Because it's the Pandora logo. Now look at the Pandora logo with the number "1" in it. What does it say? It says "Pandora 1". It's ambiguous and unaesthetic (the number breaks the structure of the logo, including symmetry). In my opinion it's not more polished, not more professional, nor "nicer".
That was the only aspect of the design I said was debatable. The rest of the design I feel is much cleaner and more standardized -- better thought out and implemented. You disagree with that?
I disagree, it didn't look clean. What looks clean is "First Batch" in a clean font, or...

He said many times and made it clear many times that he wasn't talking about the first batch/symbol whatever. Yet that's the bit you keep continually talking about and quoting and ignoring.

fiori_musicali said:
What is this purpose you speak of, as a forum poll sure as hell can't account for the opinions of those who don't attend the forums, which must be a vast majority. This is a pretty isolated environment with many inside jokes, phrases/idioms etc., so surely our point of view must be a bit warped. Also, democracy = two idiots outvoting a genius. Never decide anything based on public opinion - rather take in what they've got to say, let it influence your decision to a considerable degree, and then make up your own mind about it.

It may not be indicative of every would be Pandora owner, but as a project that is supposed to have a lot of community input, then the people who take an active part in the project has a chance to say. That's part of the reason we all feel part of the project, watching it from start to finish and having input even minor, is nice.
That does not mean that the OP team does not have the final word on the matter though does it.

I have not seen anyone say if it meant delaying the Pandora let's have a discussion/poll on it, oh lets let's just delay it some more. We all want it ASAP with no more delays.
IF it can be changed with no impact on the delivery time frame of the Pandora why not discuss it, see what could be done?

I'm struggling to work out if your trolling joking or what to be honest.

Monk said:
Yigguth said:

No, I don't think we need a poll. Maybe we need them to silkscreen broad white stripes on the thing so we can each scratch out our own preferred design.

Or a sheet like transfers, could have shooting stars, smiley faces to choose from also :lol:

I missed Craig's other post. I'm disappointed Craig thinks its bike shedding at it's absolute worst. Isn't silk screening one of the last things to be done, that can still be tweaked easy enough before it becomes set in stone? To give it this amount of care and attention is not giving me a good impression of the standards you want, no matter how insignificant you may think it is. It's this train of thought that can come and bite you in the ass later on. Look at GPH! Kagato has kindly done the work to help out polish up the silk screening, with making sure labels are consistent and on the same line. Ignore the 'First Batch / 1 over logo' debate and look at what he's showing you.

Here is his post in case you missed: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50155-pics-from-mweston-silk-screen-design/page__view__findpost__p__767288

I'm not trying to attack OP or anyone in particular, if my post comes across in that way. I'm trying to be helpful.

Back