Cps2emu Test Version 3

Now works fine.
My problem was file corruption due to lack of space in SD.
The cache dumping app don't warn about it.

D&D forever :)

Cache file "1944_cache.zip".
Loading "nffu.03"
Loading "nff.04"
Loading "nffu.05"
Loading "nffux.03"
Loading "nff.01"
Loading "nff.11m"
Loading "nff.12m"
Loading cache information data...
ERROR: Could not open file. "tile8_usage (scroll1 pen usage)"
Press any button.
SDL_GP2X: Freeing cursor 0x242e60
SDL_GP2X: SurfaceManager freeing 256 bytes @ 0x40f25800 from bucket 0x242e48
SDL_GP2X: merging with next bucket (0x244f38) making 5085184 bytes
SDL_GP2X: VideoQuit
SDL_GP2X: FreeHWSurfaces
SDL_GP2X: Freeing bucket 0x242e48 (size 5085184)
SDL_GP2X: FreeHWSurface 0x242110
SDL_GP2X: SurfaceManager freeing 153600 bytes @ 0x40f00000 from bucket 0x241ff4
SDL_GP2X: DeleteDevice

Does anybody end wioth that error message? no game will launch, and telnet brings me this message :(

Hey this is starting to look quite nice. The mystery developer is Kounch according to the startup screen?

@reiboul: The error you see is something to do with your cache file, looks like an old format as the new cache files should be a single, non-zip file.

Best CPS2 games -> D&D forever :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what's up? The emu reboots after loading a game.. It just shows a black screen for like 10secs and then it reboots to the main menu.

Nevermind my errors in fact I just missed the cache files... What a noob i am :)
Anyway, the emu looks pretty good for a quick port, but in my opinion, NeoGeo ans MAME still provide the best arcade games, but that's only due to GP2X's 4/3 ratio, whereas CPS2 games seems 16/9 :(
PSP takes the point, but we have the rest!

ROMsets I've got working pretty well on version 3:
19xx,19xxa,19xxh,19xxjr1
avsp
batcir
ddsom
ddtod
ecofghtr
dimahoo
gigawing,gwingj
mmatrix,mmatrixj
mpangj
progear,progearj
pzloop2j

As you can see, I'm not really into beat 'em ups.. Too hard on the GP2X stick.. This version is much more compatible. :D

Some questions (maybe they'll end up being requests):

-Is there any way to turn the sound off? Right now I'll take the performance boost over the sound + music.

-Is there any way to change the button assignments? Kinda annoying to have Medium and Strong Kick assigned to the shoulder buttons.

-Is there any way to get to the Test Menu (F2 in MAME)? I'm a huge fan of Capcom's VS games and I'm used to the Turbo 2 mode, which is only accessible in the Test Menu.

Some questions (maybe they'll end up being requests):

-Is there any way to turn the sound off? Right now I'll take the performance boost over the sound + music.

-Is there any way to change the button assignments? Kinda annoying to have Medium and Strong Kick assigned to the shoulder buttons.

-Is there any way to get to the Test Menu (F2 in MAME)? I'm a huge fan of Capcom's VS games and I'm used to the Turbo 2 mode, which is only accessible in the Test Menu.
No to all 3.
I've had a look through all the files, but found no info on any of them :(
Just have to wait a lttle longer I guess..

Zodttd was going to try & port it, but not too sure?
He was getting bored, waiting for Exophase to come back from vacation ;)
Then he got a PSP and hasn't been here since ;)
<sigh>

Look, this CPS2 uses cyclone and drz80 if the source is anything to go by (along with the mmuhack). As I mentioned on the other thread, it doesn't seem to use paeryn's hardware accelerated SDL.

w.r.t. gpSP, just wait and be nice to Exophase. It was him that was getting a GP2X, him that wrote gpSP, and him that was going to write the dynarec for the ARM ports. Whether zodttd is off having fun with another platform or not (and I hope he's having fun whatever he's doing) will have no bearing on gpSP's progress, surely?

As you can see, I'm not really into beat 'em ups.. Too hard on the GP2X stick.. This version is much more compatible. :D
Not easy, true. But I managed all my fav. Special Moves in Marvel vs. Capcom (Gambit's Royal Flush for example or War Machines huge Missle-backpack-Attack )even Moves which I never could get to work on PC-MAME :lol: (the whole Striker-Function for example or the fighter-switching)
As I sayed often before, I have no probs with the GP2X Stick. (But of course you should use him carefuly ;) It's a little bit made of glass ^^"" )

That is great, I hope this gets two usb game pads support soon, anyone tried it on tv out? I can't find my cable :(

I d-pad modded my GP2x, but i always liked the stick for fighters. Not ALL of them, but most moves were very easy for me to pull off.

BTW, this is a pretty badass emulator. Some games work great with the edges cropped off, but other really need to be scaled. I remember squidge saying that implementing the hardware scaler didnt take any processing power w/ squidgesnes, so hopefully we'll see an option for that here in the future. If not, i'm still happy with what we have.

I don't see a readme for this, so I'll ask...

All I get is a black screen. I have taken current MAME roms, created a cache and put that in cache folder, then taken the original zipped rom and put it in the roms folder. Am I doing something wrong here? And is the program compatible with command line for gmenu?

Look, this CPS2 uses cyclone and drz80 if the source is anything to go by (along with the mmuhack). As I mentioned on the other thread, it doesn't seem to use paeryn's hardware accelerated SDL.

The sound is also setup to run at 44100hz, which is nice and all but unnecessarily high IMHO.
I bet it will run a bucket load faster at 11025 :D

I'm also sure that the old "under clock the emulated CPU" trick will also speed things up; running the CPUs at 80% usually has very little to zero impact on the functionality of the game with a nice speed up.

I could get CPS2PSP running very nicely with 22050 sound at 266Mhz on my PSP and that's with the 'C' CPU emulation running them 100%.

I'm sure that the GP2X will be able to get this running at full speed (and I mean real fullspeed, 100% @ 60FPS).

All I get is a black screen. I have taken current MAME roms, created a cache and put that in cache folder, then taken the original zipped rom and put it in the roms folder. Am I doing something wrong here? And is the program compatible with command line for gmenu?

Does your GP2X clock to 250Mhz? If not, then this may be the issue as that's what the file 'cps2_config' is set to. Try dropping this to 240 and see if there is a difference.

Make sure your are starting cps2run.gpe, not cps2emu.gpe as this calls the ROM selector.

If you don't do this, the default ROM is 'ddsom'.

Wait.

Some times it takes a little while for the game to load.

Back