Finished Case Photo!

My guess is because it's a slower processor booting into an essentially full desktop environment. My older laptop takes about 2 to 3 minutes to boot into a fully-operational XP (when I can finally start using programs). :(

As many have mentioned, it's more than likely you won't boot up like that very often, and rather will just go into and out of standby instead.

Bootup time is normal .. this can be adjusted/enhanced as time goes by, and for sure we can go for nearly 10 - 15 seconds as a target. I imagine its just slow right now because its a first-release of the OS ..

...and the seemingly hard lid close is actually no different to a DS. I close my DS manually rather than let it snap shut, and I'll do the same with Pandora. What it does demonstrate is a nice spring-like action in the hinge, so it won't wobble and jump around when closed.

how many fixed positions does the lid have? it seems to only have 2 and I can't say for sure but I think i'd use it somewhere inbetween but if it only 'snaps' into 2 positions then..

Paradox, what's up with stupid questions? Lids do move around, that's what lids do. They don't lock in place as they are lids.

Looking good. Congrats to the team for making it this far, and to us first-batchers for not giving up hope. Almost there now... :)

Paradox said:
how many fixed positions does the lid have? it seems to only have 2 and I can't say for sure but I think i'd use it somewhere inbetween but if it only 'snaps' into 2 positions then..
Same as the DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in love.. Hopefully I´ll get one soon, then I´ll dump my wife and kids and start playing..
Hmm ok maybe not but still I´m in love :)

ahhhhh i had to cancel my order last week for reasons such as rent.. grrrrr, hope i can make the money back before they ship as after they ship i will have no chance of getting a place back on the 1st batch. Sooo annoying

Gruso said:
...and the seemingly hard lid close is actually no different to a DS. I close my DS manually rather than let it snap shut, and I'll do the same with Pandora. What it does demonstrate is a nice spring-like action in the hinge, so it won't wobble and jump around when closed.
I hope the Pandora lid is more stable and durable than the DS lid. There are many horror-pix to find over google that shows broken DS Hinges. ;) Of course it depends, what the useres did with their DS units. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=PlayList&p=C8D225A967F6286E&index=0&playnext=1
this is what happened when I saw the pics......

fusion_power said:
Gruso said:
I hope the Pandora lid is more stable and durable than the DS lid. There are many horror-pix to find over google that shows broken DS Hinges. ;) Of course it depends, what the useres did with their DS units. :D
Hinge on my ds broke down after 2 years of constant use. I hope pandora would survive at least 5 years :)

GuchaRU said:
fusion_power said:
Gruso said:
Hinge on my ds broke down after 2 years of constant use. I hope pandora would survive at least 5 years :)
Even if it doesn't the OP team will sell new parts and I'm sure replacement parts are on the top of the list. You won't need to buy some 3rd party case to fix it like you do the DS.

Back