Pics Of Final Keymat

I was just going to post this
one thing I can see is that the "<" key at the bottom left is higher then the one next to it (">")

offbow said:
one thing I can see is that the "<" key at the bottom left is higher then the one next to it (">")
See, now we're getting something we can form an opinion on. If that slight offset (which I didn't notice until you pointed it out) is the "not perfect", should it be green lighted? QUICK! SOMEONE MAKE A POLL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noting that it indeed does say "Final" Keymat. It's seems that this may be the production build, but we'll have to wait and see.

Nat495 said:
..<snip> it indeed does say "Final" Keymat. It's seems that this may be the production build ...<snip>
You know of a version after "Final"?

offbow said:
I don't thik it is really, and if it is, who cares.

Big image uploaded to the shack.
keymatfinal.jpg

Nation.A.List said:
Nat495 said:
..<snip> it indeed does say "Final" Keymat. It's seems that this may be the production build ...<snip>
Just thinking it might imply that the other parts may be done and look good too, and I suppose if you want to get technical, there is always Post-Final.

fantastic quality :) cant wait to have it in my hands :) sooo close i can taste it :p

Nation.A.List said:
Nat495 said:
easy:
V 1.X, anything before final are and should be 0.x or beta.
and if you say im wrong then V 2.0 should answer it.

Sheesh, is it so hard to use "Align to baseline" in whatever vector drawing program was used to produce the keyboard layout? It looks like the characters were placed randomly and then aligned by eyeballing them into place. And I who thought there were enough Inkscape tutorials out there by now... :p

No, after the Final Keymats, we have the Keymat 3G, and then the Keymat 3GS. It never really gets perfect, but it gets a little bit better each time.

I can live with little flaws such as slightly mis-aligned silkscreening if it's just 1 or 2 keys. Big concern for me is the case quality, i don't cracks after a month or two.

dflemstr said:
Sheesh, is it so hard to use "Align to baseline" in whatever vector drawing program was used to produce the keyboard layout? It looks like the characters were placed randomly and then aligned by eyeballing them into place. And I who thought there were enough Inkscape tutorials out there by now... :p

They are aligned to baseline ;)
Just don't forget on this picture that there's a concave transparent plastic over them ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
dflemstr said:

They are aligned to baseline ;)
Just don't forget on this picture that there's a concave transparent plastic over them ;)

are they jizz-proof? lol don't answer that... totally nsfw answer mayber :p

Hell, if that's what constitutes "not perfect", I'll take it.

Back