Gmenu2x V0.9-test1

Ryo posted on Mar 7 2007 at 01:51 AM said:
To users having issues with the usb connection: please test if replacing "scripts/usbon.sh" with this fixes them
Code:
#!/bin/bash
modprobe net2272
if [ $1 = "nand" ]; then modprobe g_file_storage file=/dev/loop/7
elif [ $1 = "root" ]; then modprobe g_file_storage file=/dev/mtdblock/3
else modprobe g_file_storage file=/dev/mmcsd/disc0/part1
fi
With this script, the file completely disapears, when I disconnect the USB connection from the Menu. :lol: Even after a reset, the file is gone as it was never ever there.
Is USB via Gmenu working for you?
Maybe it's not a connection-problem but a disconnect-problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:38 PM said:
I don't use USB on the GP2X at all...

Maybe it's not a connection-problem but a disconnect-problem?
Yeah, maybe... I'll try looking in that.

Ryo posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:45 PM said:
I don't use USB on the GP2X at all...
For testing, you should. ;) Untested "Blind" coding of features isn't good. ;)

I'm having a problem running this version... I just get a black screen (after the boot).

I have already tried a fresh install, and installing over the previous version.

I have a mk2 with firmware 2.1.0.

Am I doing something terribly wrong?

P.S. - Thanks for the upload Stephan.

Good work Ryo. I like the skin support :) Waiting for BG selector :p Has the A button some special function? I get a black screen when is pressed the first time. A blink and black again in second try and a turns to gmenu in the third try... I know the B button is for launching, but the A?.

I've updated the Liquido skin for this new Gmenu. The only really new is the font.png and the new image buttons. Rename the "font_09.png" to "font.png". There are 4 or 5 new background images. The PSD for own BG is included too.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20522065/liqui...menu081-09x.zip

The A button is used only in this beta for a small test on the activation of the tv-out without returning to the original menu. I don't think it's working but you could try..

pedator posted on Mar 11 2007 at 05:38 PM said:
Good work Ryo. I like the skin support :) Waiting for BG selector :p Has the A button some special function? I get a black screen when is pressed the first time. A blink and black again in second try and a turns to gmenu in the third try... I know the B button is for launching, but the A?.

I've updated the Liquido skin for this new Gmenu. The only really new is the font.png and the new image buttons. Rename the "font_09.png" to "font.png". There are 4 or 5 new background images. The PSD for own BG is included too.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20522065/liqui...menu081-09x.zip

YES! :) NiceNice, I only use this Skin for Gmenu because it looks nice and it fits to the Skin of my GP2X Mediaplayer(s) :lol:
And it was an good Idea with the included PSD. With the old one I could make my own Icons of some missing Liquido Icons

Our Duke:

Freecell:

OpenTTD:

Payback:

Wind and Water puzzle Battles:

Nice icons :) I will use them. Can i include them in next liquido releases?

Ryo, a link to an image animation with the use of tv-out

The first time the screen in resized but in capex runs well when load roms (cps2run) but cutted at starting interface.
The screen size is corrected when returning gmenu. No cut, no resize. I loaded payback without problems, but screen was cutted when exiting to gmenu. Without problems when exiting to oficial menu.
This is tested in a video capture card.

Hey, when I downloaded the file, It didn't come with a autorun.gpu like version 8 did....am I supposed to use the old autorun?

Shifty posted on Mar 12 2007 at 12:50 AM said:
Hey, when I downloaded the file, It didn't come with a autorun.gpu like version 8 did....am I supposed to use the old autorun?

Yep.

---

Report:

No freezes, no showstoppers for me.
Dutch translation seems to be implemented fine, only descriptions of "Exit" "GP2X" "System" in the Settings section are still English.

Have started some slower homebrew (fa. old version of noiz2sa) with Tweak Ram Timings ON. Never had the idea the programs worked better or faster.

Thank you for your continuous work on this great app.

pedator posted on Mar 12 2007 at 12:47 AM said:
Nice icons :) I will use them. Can i include them in next liquido releases?
Sure. if you think they are good enough do with them, what you want. :)

Your Skin only has a little "bug". because of your new (and beautiful) white transp. Button-Icons they are invisible on white bg like the "USB connected" window. (Button for disconnect not shown) I like to use the new Buttons. Maybe Ryo can Change the Color of the Windows a little bit?
And the Top section of the bottom Bar in the BG Image is nice for the text-descriptions but some other Gmenu functions overlap a little bit with this design element (Settings Menu, txt manuals a little bit) Maybe the (nice) bar is not needed or Ryo has to fit the Menu-text-area... ^^""

So, more bug-reporting to Ryo:
-readme text Manuals are loading slow when they are larger. (Or takes forever with my 3300 Lines "mean jokes" txt file :lol: )
-more important: Text-Manuals DONT display special Letters like Ä Ö Ü ß....
-missing translations besides the Ram-tweaking option also in the selector browser down at the Button-description "select File" isn't translated ;) ("select a file" in the Options Menu is )

fusion_power posted on Mar 12 2007 at 04:16 PM said:
Your Skin only has a little "bug". because of your new (and beautiful) white transp. Button-Icons they are invisible on white bg like the "USB connected" window. (Button for disconnect not shown) I like to use the new Buttons. Maybe Ryo can Change the Color of the Windows a little bit?
Thanks. yes, the transparent buttons are not visible. I hope Ryo will add this option. Something like RGB color for popup windows... or i will do the buttons opaque. <_< There is a problem with selection.png in changing skin option. The image was lost when skin changes...

Back