Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

DaveC posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:08 AM said:
Where do you get the .9002 from? Zod just sent me a link for the old one awhile ago but no new version

Didn't get a link to the new version either, but if you take the link to the old and change the number you can download the new version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cervante posted on Mar 9 2007 at 04:34 AM said:
.9001 running crazy taxi at 250Mhz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BV-XAI7hzE

WOW, I didn't know certain games were on the advance, like crazy taxi and wing commander prophecy. if those can eventually play at fullspeed it will be amazing. I've already thanked zod, but thanks to the testers also, especially the people putting videos up.

I used a hex editor on the rom to make my own entry into the configuration in order for the emulator to play it. I dont know the other hex entrys to elimate the loop target, iwram , or a 128kb flash. The performance on the game would of been a little better.

Concerning the game_config.txt: I used GoodGBA to rename my roms, but I just noticed that all it did was actually rename the .zip files, and not the roms within. Is that enough for the game_config.txt to work, or do I need to unpack all my roms?

P.S.: I started adding to fluffys compatibility list ;)

Ok everyone, a new version is out. Disregard the v0.9002 as it was a test version and not meant for beta'ing.

The version is now v9003 so to get the new version, just replace the v9001 with v9003 in the download link given. :)

This version adds:
- Greatly improved cpu overclocking by embedding cpu_speed, which also allows for CPU/LCD/RAM tweaks.
To save your cpu_speed settings, set them then press Y. Press SELECT to use the settings. When starting gpSP2X after saving your cpu_speed config, you can just use those settings by pressing SELECT. :)
- Sound and performance has been worked on. Things seem much faster to me and sound is synced better, but with so many games out there, it's hard to tell if it's just the ones I'm testing.

Todo:
- Fix a palette bug.
- Further improve performance.
- Update Checklist to v9003.

If you need help getting the download and are part of the beta, PM me.

Thanks!

I haven't tested zip support. Is it working?
The zip must ONLY contain a single .gba file.

Also, do not worry about the filename. The game_config.txt checks the header file of the gba rom itself, not the filename. :)
Basically if you have the right region for that rom, you're going to get better speeds.

Quick but important fix to v9003.

Updated to v9003b
Just change the v900x to v9003b in the download link. If you need help getting it, PM me.

I fixed the palette bug! Colors should display properly now. :)

zodttd posted on Mar 9 2007 at 06:26 AM said:

Updated to v9003b
Just change the v900x to v9003b in the download link. If you need help getting it, PM me.

:D

Sounds like this is getting more and more polished... whats your estimate for when it will be optomized enough for public release? Also, will davec's backgrounds be implemented in the public release?

.zip works like a charm.

Thanks for clearing the name issue up.

Great work so far, gets better with every release.
But I agree with DaveC, use Reesys Menu and you are good to go, the current use isn't really up to the task, especially that you can't see the rom names while scrolling is quite annoying.

Not sure when it will be ready for the public. Depends how well things progress, there's still a bit of work to do. Also, I'm still taking requests for the beta. Patience.

I would like to thank Julius and wiseguy for updating Checklist.

PLEASE USE CHECKLIST TO SUBMIT COMPATIBILITY REPORTS.
POSTING RESULTS IN THE FORUM WILL NOT HELP AS MUCH! FOLLOW JULIUS' EXAMPLE! :)
http://checklist.berzerk.co.uk
THANKS!

:)

EDIT: I didn't see DaveC's post, I'll go back and read it. I'm going to take a look at his menu code though. Thanks for the tip guys. :)

zodttd posted on Mar 8 2007 at 10:26 PM said:

Updated to v9003b

:eek: :blink: I leave for an hour and you do this. Thank you :wub:

I just noticed that it spits out a <romanme>.cfg file in the rom directory -- does this mean support for individual game configurations is/will be somewhere in there?

EDIT: Yes indeed this does work -- sorry, I hadn't noticed it before. Silly me.

Also, if it wasn't made clear to non-testers, the SRAM is working perfectly :)

The graphical glitches in Lego Star Wars 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and other games are fixed in 9003b - yay.

Bug report for Final Fantasy 6 Advance: sprites disappear and backgrounds overlap. Entering a fight blacks out the screen (but music still plays).

(I will try to use the checklist site zodttd, but I only have a few minutes at a time to test so I haven't signed up there yet)

Just to confirm. ZIP support is working fine (unless you broke it since the 0.9001 release :lol:)
Glad to see updates already, I'll try to make some more videos (unscaled this time) via TV-out. As before they will be done at 240MHz

Hi, I would like to know if this new version of gpSP its much metter and faster than the last release ( GPsp 08 gp2x r3 ).

thks!

nubie posted on Mar 9 2007 at 07:29 AM said:
zodttd posted on Mar 8 2007 at 10:26 PM said:

Updated to v9003b

:eek: :blink: I leave for an hour and you do this. Thank you :wub:
It's like those cooking shows where they say "Here's one I made earlier". zodttd has it finished and he's just torturing us!

Back