Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

zodttd posted on Mar 10 2007 at 08:54 AM said:
GunPei2X: There's a few games where games will lag a bit. But I haven't seen it to an easily noticeable extent. What game does it lag on for you? I'll try it out. :)

The only one I have tried so far is Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (E), which I've been testing the last few versions with. When you go into a level and the frameskip ramps up, the music will slow a touch.

As a side note, in all previous releases the title music was horrible, but in this it's perfect :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am run out of fuel :D My batteries go down :( (now charging :D)
Before that i have tested CT Special Forces (US) and is was 60 fps all the time with good sound (no laggy sound :) ) at 270 mhz.
Metroid Zero Mission (US) runs very fast too.It runs 45-60 with a bit of laggy sound (not much, sound has improved a lot :) )
My settings are autoframeskip 2 Buffer 512 (Uniform) Unscaled 3:2 Screen Filtering :YES

Now, i will wait for the full batteries :)
Today i am not going to sleep :D

Zodttd you must sleep, you deserve it :)

After hard work , sweet dreams! ^_^

Heh thanks for the input everyone. :)

Rivroner...I sort of missed the sleep time a long time ago. :p Oh yeah, filtering isn't enabled this release so no need to worry about that setting. If you set the autoframeskip to 3 or 4 you will probably get better performance on Metroid. :)

I'm now sitting in Heathrow with no way to get .9004d onto an SD card and frustrated lol. v9.004b is still fantastic though - was playing Pokemon Emerald on the way here; with sound off (in-game saving works, and I don't have headphones, so might as well turn it off when I don't need it), and FS set to 2, it was hitting a constant 60fps.

One thing I did notice, which may or may not be present in newer versions was a little bit of lag. The FPS counter displays for maybe a frame every, what, 2 seconds? Every time it does, there's the briefest moment of jutter, which doesn't make the game seem slower, but does mean it looks like it's got a heartbeat. But as I say, this is on v0.9004b, not d.

Rivroner posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:30 AM said:
Unscaled 3:2 Screen Filtering :YES

Zodttd you must sleep, you deserve it :) Hard work and now sweet dreams! ;)

BTW, filtering doesn't do anything. That option is a vestige of the PSP version :p May as well remove the menu choice, as well as the 16:9 option ;)

DaveC posted on Mar 10 2007 at 10:35 AM said:
Rivroner posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:30 AM said:
Unscaled 3:2 Screen Filtering :YES

Zodttd you must sleep, you deserve it :) Hard work and now sweet dreams! ;)

BTW, filtering doesn't do anything. That option is a vestige of the PSP version :p May as well remove the menu choice, as well as the 16:9 option ;)

Thank you DaveC , I´ll turn it off :D

Tobriand: That bug has been fixed. Sorry about that. It MAY be able to be turned off via the Volume Up toggle (may toggle very fast).

GunPei2X: Oh! Thats one of my fav games. I'll test now!

I am still getting very stuttery sound. I tried Castlevania and Astroboy and I think it actually got worse. The framerate got choppier and the sound more stuttery. Maybe Exophase may have a few tips?

I think I will just wait until this is more optimised, this doesn't seem to like 240 MHz very well :(

Thanks Zod for the great and continued hard work.

I've tested many games at 240 and less with perfect sound. I'll test those two games next. Which Castlevania is it? I will see if I get the same issues.

Astroboy (U) runs great here at 240mhz and autoframeskip-2. It's usually 60FPS, dropping to 50FPS sometimes, and very rarely to 40FPS, but never below.

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (not sure if its U or E) is even better, a solid 60FPS unless something really spectacular is happening onscreen, when it dips to 50-55FPS.

(this is with optimized RAM timings and audio buffer at 512)

Weird, I wonder why you're having problems DaveC. Did you read the post I made about game_config.txt and how to tell which games are supported by idle loop eliminations currently? You might me using a bad rom as well.

Yeah there was someone who really wanted Fire Emblem working.

Oh, which game was it that was needed for someone to impress his girlfriend? I think it was Golden Sun 1 or 2. I need to get that working so he can score.

Back