I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

The fast version of v3 speeds up many of the games I tested which were slightly too slow to have an enjoyable game with... here's the (quick) results.

Playable
Wario Ware - Sound bad, but very playable at FS2 in v3fast!
Kuru Kuru Kururin (E) - Now playable in v3fast. Not sure how fast its supposed to be in comparison to the real game, but it plays well. Occasional slowdown, but pretty good!
Chu Chu Rocket (U) - works nicely, even better in v3fast
PacMan Collection - still playable
Mr Driller 2 (E) - menus perfect, game works, but slightly too slowly. Not much difference between v2 and v3 fast.
Rampage Puzzle Attack (U) - Distorted sound, a little slow, but now very playable
Spyro Season of Ice (U) - Works, but still very noisy! (picture is flickery in v3fast)
Super Bust a Move (m5) - almost perfect, only slightly choppy sound now, on occasion
Super Mario Advance (U) - works quite well at FS0, even better at FS1 or FS2

Not so great
Gradius Advance (E) (!) - goes into game, faster than v2, but still too slow
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (U) - slow, but works
Max Payne (U) - still slow, but works
Namco Museum (J)(Cezar) - works very well in v3fast, sound still choppy

Won't Run
Colin McRae Rally 2 (U) - intro much faster, can get through select screen then 'whites out'
Need For Speed Underground (UE) (M4) - Hangs at EA logo

I'm very impressed so far... :)

EDIT: As suggested below, I added the version codes from the GoodRoms list. If only I'd kept the GoodRom number with each ROM when I transferred them.

For the future, I think a compatibility list could be created by listing the games from 0001-2600, rather than by game and (U/J) etc...

Godmil posted on Dec 1 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
I forgot to mention, you know the quick frameskip menu you get when you press A, is there a way of quickly getting out of it, cause I currently have to then go into the bigger menu then select 'return to current game'.

Yes there is, use the left shoulderbutton luke... uhhhhhmGodmil... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If a compatibility list is ever made, it would help to specify reigon, version and such for the rom you are using

EDIT: Bios would be nice to include if your using a different one and getting different results

You guys should try Wario Land 4. Its like fullspeed @ 250 mhz with the
gpsp_fast_3.gpe

zodttd posted on Dec 1 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
Weird how Mario Kart isn't giving a graphical error for you. If you go in a gp 50 race on the U.S. version, do you see the karts/characters flash in and out after a few seconds of racing?

Ah, yes it does. I was only testing it in Time Trial at first, and it doesn't flicker in that mode. ;)

Megaman Battle Network 5 runs great with the Fast version. The battles are a little slow, but it's not too bad.

marco0551 posted on Dec 1 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
You guys should try Wario Land 4. Its like fullspeed @ 250 mhz with the
gpsp_fast_3.gpe

Wow, just tried it.
Even sound is perfect with no stuttering. :D

Azalin posted on Dec 1 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
I highly suggest that you do NOT google "Download GBA Bios". I also warn you NEVER to look down approximatly 3 entries in said search. Doing so would be VERY bad.
Same, because that file isn't the right 100% guaranteedly working BIOS file. Check the md5sum of it..

Megagun is right. I've search all over and nowhere has the bios specified for this emu.

the 1 at "that" site is the same version that comes with the psp version's torrent.

Also tried 3 versions on winmx, no go, everyone has the same file :/

I have no idea if this would work, but why not try googling for "alt.binaries.emulators.nintendo-ds cos-bios.zip" without the quotes and see what comes up.

bomb_dog posted on Dec 1 2006 at 07:41 PM said:
For the future, I think a compatibility list could be created by listing the games from 0001-2600, rather than by game and (U/J) etc...
Hell no! That non-alphabetic numbered system makes no bloody sense!

My Bios CRC is 81977335.
is that the good one?

If you need it:
try searching google GBA.ROM.zip

Must be on page 1 :p

Interesting bug..

If I try to load Who wants to be a millionaire when I have first launched the emu it hard locks the GP2X.

If I load a working game first, then go back to the menu, I can then run it.

Good work so far, Once Mario Kart and WWTBAM run full speed I'll be a happy man :)

Back