If Mweston Is Comfortable With The 3Rd Revision Cases.

Phawx

Professional Derailer
We still haven't even seen the cases yet, so no reason to jump to conclusions when we've already seen how far along the 2nd revision cases were.

Maybe you all should just stay calm and wait for what they have to say (in detail) before posting anything about it at all. It's not going to take that long.

@Exophase

I tried using soothing words like "comfortable" and validating my sentence with "no reason to jump to conclusions". Needless to say, the very reason I created this thread was to point out that we should all just wait. I've corrected the only part of my original post to seem less...engaging.

If Mweston doesn't green-light it now, there will be a huge uproar, because it will mean 'big' delays.

I know many people have already paid for their Pandora's, but I must say that the best option is to accept the cases as they are now...
If not then you will pay the price of waiting another 2 months™ ...and believe me that'll be another painful wait. :)

SONY said:
If Mweston doesn't green-light it now, there will be a huge uproar, because it will mean 'big' delays.
The only uproar will be from the impatient who don't understand the situation. If there needs to be another revision, no doubt a few people will throw a fit and cancel, but that's nothing compared to the people who will be upset if the Pandora they waited a year and a half for has fatal case flaws. It's not about you or your impatience, it's about everybody getting the quality product they paid for 17 months ago. OP is not going to send out 4k shoddy cases just so a handful of whiners can get their Pandoras a couple weeks sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
SONY said:
The only uproar will be from the impatient who don't understand the situation. If there needs to be another revision, no doubt a few people will throw a fit and cancel, but that's nothing compared to the people who will be upset if the Pandora they waited a year and a half for has fatal case flaws. It's not about you or your impatience, it's about everybody getting the quality product they paid for 17 months ago. OP is not going to send out 4k shoddy cases just so a handful of whiners can get their Pandoras a couple weeks sooner.
Fair point, but at the other extreme. Would it be seen as reasonable to give the moulds "one more buff", "just to be sure" and thereby put the delivery back by weeks? (I'm not saying this is the case (no pun intended), just playing devils advocate)

i agree but i would still be dissapointed. mainly at the chinese manufacturers. they say everying is perfect when they sometimes don't mean perfect at all. i'm glad we have them by the balls and showing them that our standards are higher... not that chinese standards arent high, but it shouldve been perfected the first time if they knew their materials and machinery.
good luck to the revisions i pray for the best

Chip said:
SONY said:

That's very true. However, I think that there is a distinct difference between 'fatal case flaw' and 'not perfect.'

Chip said:
It's not about you or your impatience, it's about everybody getting the quality product they paid for 17 months ago. OP is not going to send out 4k shoddy cases just so a handful of whiners can get their Pandoras a couple weeks sooner.

Consumer satisfaction is not based solely on build quality.

We are impatient waiting 17 months? Erm... hello did I miss something here I think 17 months is very patient indeed. Whiners?.. that's quite insulting.

I agree if the case is flawed in a way that will hinder the way in which the device functions yes hold fire but if it's something like the battery back is a little too shiny and it's pure cosmetic then I think it's time to get it go or else we could be here in another 4 months time where the corner is slighty wonky, the B key is printed 2 mm's out. In fairness we were told we were really close this time last year and it slipped and slipped and slipped. You can't blame people who's hopes have been squished so many times to be a little whiney. I think some people are far too close to be able to see things with a little perspective.

It doesn't have to be "perfect" it just has to be okay! How can I emphasis more, It's been 3 revisions and each one has taken a long time, if it's not "perfect" now than it won't be "perfect" in the next revision. After all, the company had said that this revision was "perfect" (or word's of similar effect) so that show's their definition of 'perfect'. We don't need PERFECT, we just need something that looks good and is 100% playable. Since when did retro gamers and open source developers care so much about perfection anyway? I don't believe perfection is something this factory will ever achieve. And it's not something I give an EF about to be honest. It's not like we're paying a fortune or anything (even though 330 USD is a fortune to some).

You pay more than that for something like an iphone, WHICH IS F**K FAR FROM PERFECT.

Maybe the answer is to ask each customer in line - ask the first 1000 if they're willing to have a sub-par Pandora, and if they say yes, then ship it. It'll be a pain in the butt for the Pandy crew, but at least they'll satisfy some customers...

Craigix might have the perfect solution to this debate :

Craigix's Twitter said:
We might go with some of these cases. They are not perfect, but I've no doubt many people will not care as long as the controls work.

If he's thinking of some sort of opt-in/opt-out system where some people get these "imperfect but working" cases, and other people can wait until Craigix is ready to call them "perfect" then I think he'll make a lot of people happy.

Craigix's tweets indicate that they're not 100% happy with them, but there are no major problems. I want all the cases to be perfect and I don't mind waiting. By all means if some people do not care, use these samples to send out to customers and devs but I'm saying I want my case to be MWeston approved 100%, that is when I'll be happy.

well as long as they are almost perfect.Im happy,but I can wait till march or april.A pandora would be a nice summer
present.

Back