Votes: 39 20.9%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
All proposed names in the poll are awful if you ask me. None except for Dragonfly are words I like to pronounce at all.

I suggest to keep it in the family. Family name: Pandora

Then add Dragon to it: Pandora Dragon sounds nice and further suffixes can be added for different Dragon-variants

Just my 2 cents

Of the names listed, Myridon has potential - but is easily confused with Myrmidon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrmidon
I can't imagine anybody hearing Myridon and thinking "What, Myrmidon?" It seems to have a very different feel to being said.  But Google thinks they're similar enough.

Myrmidon has too much m, I feel, too long in the mouth.  And Myridon appears to be completely new, which I like.

I always find the choice of mythological and ancient names used with modern technology to be a curious oxymoron.

Maybe should call it something like "The Copperfield"; Copper is a common component of tech, and you could say it's a little magic box ;)

The outlaw.

The Vision

The Tronic.

I like the name Tronic actually.

The Chyrsalyis.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Miriad wins I'll wish Myridon somehow had another shot.  The Myr part of it feels mystical.

everytime i see pyrrha i read diarrhea

Yes, one more reason to simplify it to "Pyra".
And "Pyra" makes me think of "Pyro" and think, "Man, that thing must run really hot if they're naming it after fire."
Forget that, I gave a number of reasons for not going with dragon-anything and nobody gave a damn. I didn't talk about what it looks like naming a device after its' creator though. Let's just imagine a JobsTab or SteveSlate for a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyragon got my vote, out those I like it best and makes me think a merge of 'Fire/Fragon'

....Which happens to be my birth sign in Chinese, year of the Dragon, and getting specific year of the Fire Dragon :)

I think this maybe a case of a "design by committee" problem.  I think Ed or someone he trusts should just pick a name and go with it.  People will get used to it and names take on a different feeling over time and when associated with actual objects.  I know this goes against the whole community idea, but .....sod it :)

CJ

PS My idea - Dragonbox bimestrial (sounds kind of spriritual) ;)

How about:

Euclidean

Lunarian

The Weasel

The Badger

(in case someone needs more animals)

Hey ED, what about letting Notaz decide the name.

He contributed so much to the p1, the os, psx emu, megadrive emu.

^ I don't mean to sound disrespectful or suchlike here, but how does being ace at technical contributions make him the best person to choose a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back