Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Lloyds TSB customer, 9 Days and still no sign of the refund.

I am confident of the GBAX team, but it could make you wonder if you had never dealt with them before.

For all those worried, here's a quote from the very hard working Jacquelyn from an email I received today (after not even a half hour!) after asking for an status update:

The refunds are currently taking longer than expected.. ..this is due to the amount of refunds we are processing.

jake52 said:
9 days ago, Natwest, still no sign
What time of day did you get your reorder email? Mine was at 10:50 am - if yours was much later, maybe this made a difference?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah same here, got the email 9 days ago, but had no refund (Nationwide), no word to say refund is in process but has been delayed by a few days, seriously thinking about not reordering again at all at the moment, lost all confidence in the team, sure the memory is added bonus, but I'm already paying for that in credit card purchases, and interest on something i havent got, may never get....

jaycee900 said:
Yeah same here, got the email 9 days ago, but had no refund (Nationwide), no word to say refund is in process but has been delayed by a few days, seriously thinking about not reordering again at all at the moment, lost all confidence in the team, sure the memory is added bonus, but I'm already paying for that in credit card purchases, and interest on something i havent got, may never get....
My sentiments exactly. I was involved in another forum project that involved a colaboration of the community to come up with a sellable product. We had daily blog updates, regular photos and didn't have to rely on someone not directly involved to give us some news that may or may not be true. We had issues of course, but not like this.

For whoever asked I received the email at 09:03 on the 4th.

I hate to post here, but I am starting to agree. I haven't had any email yet asking me to reorder. But the refunds should be clearing by now, and there should be some words from the team. While I really support them and what they are doing they shouldn't forget they are playing with a lot of our money, and trust can wear thin from anyone.

I know they must be working hard, and I know that it is good that they concentrate on actually making our new toy. But they do have responsibilities with our money...

9 days also since I got the email, no refund (RBS). Just for reference in that time I have ordered/returned and been refunded on a transaction with another retailer on something un-related.

My biggest gripe is the lack of communication. I think the patience of the vast majority of those who pre-ordered would be increased dramatically with some word from the horses mouth.

For a project like this the updates should be much more frequent, and before anyone has a go about the time involved, how long would a paragraph every couple of days take?

I'm now 60-40 in favour of re-ordering - any longer without some sort of update and I will definitely swing against.

I'm not worried, personally. I'll be annoyed if I get hit by exchange fluctuations, but that may not eventuate.

Could things have been handled better? Maybe. But it's still two weeks before the first Pandoras were supposed to ship, and I suppose the RAM upgrade does make up for the minor hassle of sending the order through again... so things are still rosy for me.

jake52 said:
My sentiments exactly. I was involved in another forum project that involved a colaboration of the community to come up with a sellable product. We had daily blog updates, regular photos and didn't have to rely on someone not directly involved to give us some news that may or may not be true. We had issues of course, but not like this.

For whoever asked I received the email at 09:03 on the 4th.
One of the grievous the GP2X community had with GPH was their lack of openess. Craig specifically set out to change that with Pandora collecting input and keeping everyone informed with progress updates. Now the GP2X community is angrier with the Pandora team than they ever were with GPH. Tough crowd. Go figure.

Daily blog updates? Hm? Regular photos? Well what THE FUCK do you expect them to blog about? to take photos of? how many goddamn glamor shoots can they take of a PCB? you want them to take a flight to asia or the US to take some photos of the manufacturing? post an update about the confidential financial issues they are going through?

DisgruntleElf said:
One of the grievous the GP2X community had with GPH was their lack of openess. Craig specifically set out to change that with Pandora collecting input and keeping everyone informed with progress updates. Now the GP2X community is angrier with the Pandora team than they ever were with GPH. Tough crowd. Go figure.
Hm, good point. Just last week GPH suddenly delayed the Wiz for another 2 months (to fix the menu), and the way people found out about it was a change to the order page on Play-Asia! This isn't a slight on GPH, just saying that hiccups in pre-ordering for devices like this are bound to happen.

I'm just curious, has anyone in North America gotten their emails yet? I'm in the U.S. here and I have not gotten the email and it's the 14th so I'm starting to think that people who are in North America might be getting by without reordering? Mainly just wishful thinking. :D Thanks in advance.

I wonder why after people recieve an email about a refund the refund still isn't there 10 days later. I wish craigix would explain why that is for us.

I'm still pre-ordering no matter what, but this situation sucks.

I guess we'll know how the refunds are going as more people start to see the money coming back to their accounts. Thankfully, I haven't bought into this project on the strength of the dev team's communication skills! :p

barnesy said:
Thankfully, I haven't bought into this project on the strength of the dev team's communication skills! :p
21 updates in 44 days. I wouldn't call that bad communication.

I wonder which method they are using to refund, reason being... the money came out quickly enough, 10 days after email and it isn't back in yet. sorry if i'm repeating myself.

If i recieved notification that a refund had been processed i would usually wait 5 working days max, then complain. Money in limbo really is not good, especially in limbo for 10 or so days.

Back