Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Just got a message from Jacquelyn that they have received my bank transfer :D

Once I get back my CC refund that will go towards my xmas/new year beer fund so plenty of time left :p

I think we are now waiting on how long it takes our own banks to process things like this. Evidently HSBC are pretty quick off the mark. I am with RBS and I do wonder if all the latest kerfuffles in the news have anything to do with it being a bit slower! I don't mind if it is a little bit later though as I plan not to reorder on credit card but by straight up bank transfer when I get paid on Tuesday!

Mine cleared today, got the re-order mail wednesday and today (friday) I got
the refund. nice
I used my credit card.

so it was quick. now I'm waiting for the re-order link (for credit/debit card)
to become on-line, any news on that craigix

Damnit, hadn't considered that I might get a refund without an Email... but thinking it through I haven't recieved a single newsletter or anything off them... and I don't think I got one of the preorder emails either thinking back on it....
Best check that once Im a bit further from deaths door...

maxSteiner said:
Damnit, hadn't considered that I might get a refund without an Email... but thinking it through I haven't recieved a single newsletter or anything off them... and I don't think I got one of the preorder emails either thinking back on it....
I think that you should call them. The phone number is in the email... which you haven't received:

If you have any questions you can reply to this email or phone us on
+44 191 0191 243 2253.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I doubt I'd be reordering till CC system was up and running again, and I certainly wouldn't be doing anything till the cash is in my account, so theres a long while yet :D
PLus, the way Im feeling right now, I don't think I can handel walking downstairs to use the phone :(

RenegadeChic said:
I think we are now waiting on how long it takes our own banks to process things like this. Evidently HSBC are pretty quick off the mark.
Could be that HSBC were the originating bank, therefore transfers would be instantaneous. I find it hard to believe that HSBC would have been quite so anal though!

maxSteiner said:
Newletter disribution list has nothign to do with it. Are you saying that you actually did not receive a confirmation e-mail when you placed your order?? That is all you should be concerned about (and you should have been concerned long before this whole bank fiasco took place if that is the case ;) )

ingrin said:
maxSteiner said:
Newletter disribution list has nothign to do with it. Are you saying that you actually did not receive a confirmation e-mail when you placed your order?? That is all you should be concerned about (and you should have been concerned long before this whole bank fiasco took place if that is the case ;) )

Nope, hence my not mentioning it.
I'd just notticed that there were some people who'd recieved refunds without getting the confirmation email, and realised that I was gonna have to start checking my bank statements a lil more regularly.
Nothing world shaking, and honestly no extra trouble either, but having gotten this far without recieving a reorder email I was just assuming I was safe :D

maxSteiner said:
I'd just notticed that there were some people who'd recieved refunds without getting the confirmation email, and realised that I was gonna have to start checking my bank statements a lil more regularly.
Nothing world shaking, and honestly no extra trouble either, but having gotten this far without recieving a reorder email I was just assuming I was safe :D
Everybody who is getting a refund is being sent an email. If it's not in your inbox, it might be in your spam folder.

It isn't in either :D
But I don't think I can afford to just assume I won't have to reorder, if for no other reason than Im simply not that lucky.
(I'd imagine theres a chance of recieving the email after the refunds gone through as well)

maxSteiner said:
It isn't in either :D
But I don't think I can afford to just assume I won't have to reorder, if for no other reason than Im simply not that lucky.
(I'd imagine theres a chance of recieving the email after the refunds gone through as well)
No, I would not just assume either. All UK and European refunds have been processed. If you're in one of those two areas and you want to be sure you're safe, email openpandorasales@gmail.com. If you're in a different area, keep waiting, as refunds are still going out.

If you do email the sales team and you do not get a response within a few days, it could be because they're really busy or it could be because their spam filter is blocking you. Let me know if this happens and I'll contact them directly.

Chip said:
No, I would not just assume either. All UK and European refunds have been processed. If you're in one of those two areas and you want to be sure you're safe, email openpandorasales@gmail.com. If you're in a different area, keep waiting, as refunds are still going out.

Ta for that :) . I got the email on Nov 8th but no sign of any refund, and I've been checking daily (I'm in the UK too). I've just emailed openpandora with the email above so hopefully I'll get some good news :) !

ljones

ljones said:
Ta for that :) . I got the email on Nov 8th but no sign of any refund, and I've been checking daily (I'm in the UK too). I've just emailed openpandora with the email above so hopefully I'll get some good news :) !

I think I need to be a bit more clear. If you got the email, then you are getting a refund as soon as the bank processes it. If you got an email, you do not need to contact Openpandora.

The only reason you should need to contact Openpandora is if you did not get an email and refunds have finished for your region and you do not have any way to reliably check your credit card statement online to see if you received a refund. You should only email as a last resort.

I saw someone mention something along these lines yesterday, but hunting through the posts I can't find the post anymore.

For those people outside the UK who have received refunds, can you verify if the refund was done with the currency rate at time of purchase, or as of the refund day's currency exchange rate, or if it's different from credit card to credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Back