Tales of Phantasia runs fine :D
- O/C : 240 Mhz
- PSX CPU : 50%
- Interlace : None
- Sound : Off
- Speed : >20 fps at most parts of the game

FF9 works nice @300Mhz ;)
The intro movie gets skipped now, the game starts directly ...ingame ^^
The paradox-crack-intro doesnt work anymore ;)

craigix said:
Draken said:
ste_167 said:
The number one handheld PSX emulator!
What about the psp?

Well, that is stolen from Sony... let's say PSX4GP is the best open and free one (and think of the future GP3X or whatever and how fast it will run then).

Exactly, it's the best true homebrew emulator. And a quite fitting handheld it runs on too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey
Just tested Diablo 1 and its not working, not on ver. b nor ver. c
its stuck on the loading screen

Diablo - not working
- O/C : 250 Mhz
- PSX CPU : 90 - 60%
- Interlace : None
- Sound : Off
- Speed : none :-!

hope it helps.

btw: diablo did run on the old version of the emu (8 - 10 fps) :)

with psx4all_std_rec_040207_c.gpe

OC @ 240
RAM TWEAK ON
INTERLACE 0
SOUND OFF

Legend of Mana NTSC
13-15 FPS with PSX CORE @ 30%

Well I'm not messing with Dosbox this week as I've got this to play with as well now :)

Thank you Zodttd, I'll be about if you want any help - Just PM me if your bored.

Regards
bOing

Tried 2 Games I've got in bin form on computer

Rollcage Stage 2 - Videos load and then black screen
WipeOut 3 - Videos load and gets stuck on Loading screen with gray background

Both at 266Mhz / RAM Timings on.

Just so everyone knows, I'm in the process of fixing a huge compatibility issue. The only working build in the directory right now is 033107.

Got it, whats best for Ripping to ISO though,

i used WinISO and then the PocketISO to compress and it made it 1Mb... which I think was wrong so I'm guessing my WinISO rip didn't work.

bOing

bOingball said:

i used WinISO and then the PocketISO to compress and it made it 1Mb... which I think was wrong so I'm guessing my WinISO rip didn't work.

bOing
Smart Projects Isobuster is free except for UDF support (it will still rip 1:1 copies of UDF disks though), I use it almost exclusively (plus PS1 disks aren't going to be udf ;)).

You need to right-click on the disk and choose extract to bin/iso in the main window, then put in your name, with .iso after it if you want it to be a *.iso .

I use it for converting too, it can extract a daemontools or DAA mounted disk to a standard iso if you happen to have a strange format.

LegendaryMachine said:
Just out of curiosity, does any one know a good way to rip PSX games from a computer running on Mac OSX?
install cdrdao and rip your copy from the original with the commandline

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile mycopy.bin --device 0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw mycopy.toc

[bus,id,lun] is 0,0,0 for the first device 0,1,0 for the second and so forth

or you could give the servicename to the device like

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile mycopy.bin --device IODVDServices --driver generic-mmc-raw mycopy.toc

nubie said:
bOingball said:

bOing
Smart Projects Isobuster is free except for UDF support (it will still rip 1:1 copies of UDF disks though), I use it almost exclusively (plus PS1 disks aren't going to be udf ;)).

You need to right-click on the disk and choose extract to bin/iso in the main window, then put in your name, with .iso after it if you want it to be a *.iso .

I use it for converting too, it can extract a daemontools or DAA mounted disk to a standard iso if you happen to have a strange format.

Tottally agree with the above in regards to ripping and shrinking.

Ok, I may be a geek or something, but I have played to near the end of disk one of Final Fantasy VII and have come up with a question in my mind (before I have gotten to the point that I need to so I cannot test) - how am I supposed to switch to disk 2? Heh, its tottaly *playable* due to the kind of game it is, even if a little slow... ...but will I be able to finish it? :D

I don't really care either way, but does anyone know a way how to swap a disk before I have to try ;) I know its a very early test version, so like I have said I do not really care, but playing as far as I have at 280Mhz has been quite fun, a blast from the past indeed, thanks zodttd sooo much!

[edit]
Btw, I wish I had a TV Out cable, the motorbike escape part ran quite well at 280Mhz PSX Clock 32% Ram timings on. I tried to make a second save state so I could show it off, but it seems only save state 1 works :)

are you past that bit now ? if you send me your save i could make a video. I doubt there will be a way to change disk ? unless it lets you save at the end of disk 1 wich i cant remember if it does ?

yodaofborg said:
nubie said:
bOingball said:

bOing

Ok, I may be a geek or something, but I have played to near the end of disk one of Final Fantasy VII and have come up with a question in my mind (before I have gotten to the point that I need to so I cannot test) - how am I supposed to switch to disk 2? Heh, its tottaly *playable* due to the kind of game it is, even if a little slow... ...but will I be able to finish it? :D

I don't really care either way, but does anyone know a way how to swap a disk before I have to try ;) I know its a very early test version, so like I have said I do not really care, but playing as far as I have at 280Mhz has been quite fun, a blast from the past indeed, thanks zodttd sooo much!

[edit]
Btw, I wish I had a TV Out cable, the motorbike escape part ran quite well at 280Mhz PSX Clock 32% Ram timings on. I tried to make a second save state so I could show it off, but it seems only save state 1 works :)

You can save at disc change.

Goity said:
yodaofborg said:
nubie said:
bOingball said:

bOing

[edit]

You can save at disc change.

No I am way past that part, and saving at disk change was an idea I had, just not quite there yet, this is cool with a capital K!

heh, I think I feel more donations coming on!

/me remembers this time not to forget about exophase...

Messing with Res Evil 1 at the moment, very nice at 290Mhz ;)

I set the CPU Clock down to about 20% and in the Clock / Dinning room I'm getting 21 - 23fps.

Heh didn't know my GP2X was so overclockable.

Running on 700Mhh cheap batterys for 30mins so far at it ;)

bOing

Back