Reordering Update

So, Xoom seems to be the winner for US people?

I still haven't received my refund yet, but I would love to see a completed Pandora from Mike.

Also, I see some people are having problems with the information fitting correctly with what is supplied from the email, could we have a post detailing what goes where and what information is missing from the email?

jdh2550 said:
Chip said:
Craig had a Paypal account that rarely saw more than a few hundred dollars per month in transactions. Then, all in one week, there were tens of thousands of dollars in international payments. An algorithm in Paypal's computer system flagged that as "probable fraud" and locked the account. If we take Paypal again, the same problem will occur. There is no way around it.
If Craig had called PayPal (it is possible) and said - "heads up folks - I'm about to take tens of thousands of dollars of international payments it's all legit" (and jumped through a few hoops to show them that he is legit) then the crisis may have been able to be avoided. PayPal is a business - they'd love to take his money and the more large customers they can keep happy the better.

Personally, I'm glad PayPal's algorithms kicked in and said "whoa - let's stop this we don't know what's going on" - but they kicked on because they had no prior knowledge that this was legit and they erred on the side of caution...

You're kidding, right?
Have you ever dealt with Paypal as a seller?

Last edited by a moderator:
well theres still a bit, till they are ready to ship so theres time. but i realy hope something works out as far as payment meathods .. OP does not want me to do a bank trasfer from my bank lol after the fees there would be nuthing left . i will say im usualy very against this sort of thing just because of the security issues but i also feel your pain from a buisness angle with the banks.

im sure its been mentioned but are there any OP members on this side of the pond that are in a position to accept orders at their bank? (i full well realise that may not be a viable option even if there are)

barring that if there absolutely is no other means besides a transfer and your serious about waiving the fees /signing my box there really isnt much choice but ill wait until theres something to ship and youve had time to research your options.

sigh i really hope that all this mess pays out for all of us in the end :> and that OP makes up on all the headaches with the second batch..

and to the above posts about paypal ... from my personal experience being a seller on paypal is the utmost in SUCK and dont drop your soap, if your doing any reasonable amount of turnover. i understand its appeal to buyers but as a seller that has a decent volume or high value goods its just a potential mess fyi.

Why not to put the bank transfer page and see ? Obvioulsy, 1000 of us will be glad to pay this way. Who knows if 800 of those who said they wanted to reorder by CC will not change their mind ?
Actually, the reorder email was not __so__ clear about the importance of the bank transfer / CC choice.
If ordering via bank transfer increases the chances of getting the device earlier, it may change the balance.

rmm21 said:
Brockway said:
javaJake said:
Anyone tried that Xoom service here? It looks real and useable, and relatively without fees to boot (just don't try to contact their customer support).

I'm doing it right now. Jacquelyn helped me with filling in the info. Looks like a $15 fee if you pay by credit card/paypal, $5 bank.

$5 bank transfer by Xoom from US to UK sounds fantastic! Viable method perhaps.

I could do the xoom.com thing if it is successful.

:(

I start with a sad face. Wire transferr costs $45.00 US at my bank. The zoom thing looks doable, any idea when we know who will be the lucky few to do cc #'s, google checkout, etc? I would love to order, but cannot justify a $45.00 premium if I get patient and wait for batch run 2.....

thomas

I paid for my Pandora by simply visiting my local Barclays Bank with my payment and money transfer details.This way there were no extra charges to OpenPandora . I would suggest this as a simple solution for anyone living in the U.K

TheGrandPubaa said:
The Xoom idea looks promising since we can still use credit/debit cards to do the transfers...Any official word regarding it's viability in this situation?
Out of all the ideas thrown around I like Google Checkout or Paypal the best for US customers and Moneybookers might be an option for the EU(not sure of AU). Looking at Xoom a little bit now makes me leery of what hidden fees might bite back if we use it since it "looks too good to be true". ;)

It might be better to accept orders for the first 2000 then the next to show you are legitimate in the banks eyes. :ph34r:

Gripper, is your account a barclays account aswell? A few years ago i switched a couple of grand between an RBS and natwest account and it cost me, can't remember how much, but i remember being annoyed because they were both my accounts.

The xoom thing sounded good... but...

Sending 293.51 USD
Fee $4.99(bank) or $14.99 (CC)
Receiving 183.28 Pounds Sterling
*Exchange Rate USD 1.00 = GBP 0.6244

*In addition to the transfer fee, Xoom may also generate revenue when it changes your dollars into foreign currency.

I'm not sure the "Real" exchange rate is but I'd guess that xoom skims some more money off the transfer during the conversion.

I did some math as a Canadian with Xoom. To send 197.77 in GBP via USD through CAD would ultimately cost me (drum roll please...) 402.66.

Thats about 20 more expensive than if I went to the bank with a bank transfer.

Canadians, Xoom is probably not your solution.

dockthepod said:
*Exchange Rate USD 1.00 = GBP 0.6244

*In addition to the transfer fee, Xoom may also generate revenue when it changes your dollars into foreign currency.
I'm not sure the "Real" exchange rate is but I'd guess that xoom skims some more money off the transfer during the conversion.

Yahoo says today it was 0,6683, so yes they are making money out of it, about a 7% more. This is the reason they are so cheap. At the end, you are going to pay a reasonable complessive fee.

Gripper01 said:
I paid for my Pandora by simply visiting my local Barclays Bank with my payment and money transfer details.This way there were no extra charges to OpenPandora . I would suggest this as a simple solution for anyone living in the U.K

The service toll is at bank's choice. In other words, a certain bank may charge you when you perform online operations, or when you do operations at office by their crew, both of them, just one of them, or none if you're lucky.
For instance my bank charges you only if you transfer money by going in their office and wasting their (your) time, while online payments are chargeless. Furthermore, when you log on your internet account you're authenticated and tracked down, while if you go on an office they will beat the crap out of you with questions and lack of trust (they refused me to pay 12€ for an online game (hattrick) since they didn't trust the receiver bank security system), and they may refuse to operate the transfer.
Pity me, here in Italy if you want an international transfer you MUST go to offices since online systems do not allow international transfers at the moment.
So I stick with you, just go to your bank. But go at YOUR precise bank holding your account or it's likely your tranfer is gonna be refused, especially towards great bretain's banks!! (don't ask me why, don't know there must be issues). If you go to another bank of the same circuit (for instance you travel to Rome for holiday and enter a whatever SanPaolo office) your chances of being refused are high, you should really go in the exact office managing your account, the same place your ATM card is gonna be returned if you're in bombay or athens and the atm steals your card. Go there

dockthepod said:
Yep. Paypal do the same thing, but they don't tell you about it. Most credit cards do it too. There's no way around it.

TheGrandPubaa said:
Hmm...Sheesh, with all this trouble, why don't we just use good old COD(cash on delivery)? *laughs*

Actually, that isn't a half-bad idea, but it's not likely to happen.

COD has two impediments:

1) Obviously, COD means the product exists before payment is made, and added costs notwithstanding, a whole lot more people would pay by transfer anyway if they were convinced that once it cleared a Pandora would ship ex-stock, rather than sending money that drifts off into the fog of further delays.

2) COD can go wrong: product can't be delivered, goes missing, is refused, payment is stopped. All sorts can happen, and especially with overseas shipping, that means they would have to add an insurance fee, or make it courier only - which also means (!) that the package will automatically be declared for Tax/Duty charges (regular post often escapes).

Back