Silkscreening

Didn't much care about silkscreening or not, but seeing what it would have looked like, I think we'll do just as well without it. If there is to be silkscreening, I agree that official logos should be preferred over plain text labels where possible.

paddy said:
I am glad there is no silkscreening on the first batch as it will be the
big way to tell that its a first batch pandora and it also looks like a dev unit
in the nicest possble way,ohh its that rare first batch pandora !

Of course. Because there's no way to remove silkscreening once it's on.

I'm not making a comment about the actual decision, or my opinion. Nor am I making any reference to whether I think the first-batch devices should get some kind of nod/feature/signature/whatever on them. Just that if there was, this wouldn't be sufficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way i see it if you can't deal with a lack of a silkscreen then why are you a first batcher?

Maybe when the pandora starts up it should flash DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters. :rolleyes:

WizardStan said:
conso said:
PhillipJ said:
If you're using a terminal emulator to access the SD cards you'll access them as /media/mmc1 and /media/mmc2 so the 1 and 2 would be slightly helpful for those that don't read/count left to right. Maybe.
that's wrong. It will name them by label and insert-order.
Are you certain?
The first MMC device is mmcblk0, with the first partition being mmcblk0p1 (second partition mmcblk0p2, etc...). The second MMC device is mmcblk1, and so on. That's how it is on my BeagleBoard, and from the videos we've seen of working with the terminal, that is exactly how it works on the Pandora as well.

I think he's talking about how HAL would handle it. You're correct, though - the device nodes do start with 0, so having slots 1 and 2 might actually generate more confusion :p

In theory, it should be possible (maybe by adding a udev rule) to get them to mount to /mnt/slotR and /mnt/slotL, which would reduce any ambiguity whatsoever :D

^ did that happen?

Do Sharpie do a white marker pen? I could use my bestest handwriting and scribble in the details.

Sharpie do white and silver metallic. They last pretty well!

I'm sure you can find a green, too!

Custom Pandora - 3 year old child style!

The pandora should look much more sleek without any silk screening, I am very pleased with the decision not to silk screen the devices. As most of us have seen the device quite a few times, I don't believe there to be any confusion as to the device layout.

BaDToaD said:
The way i see it if you can't deal with a lack of a silkscreen then why are you a first batcher?

Maybe when the pandora starts up it should flash DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters. :rolleyes:
Yeah!
And some sticker for 1st batchers:
4407507081_e513a00a79_m.jpg

Anyway, when we are talking about Hotblack Desiato’s spaceship, there is no even "USB" sign.
4407475003_5a0f6d72dd_m.jpg

Attachments

• 4407507081_e513a00a79_m.jpg
    4407507081_e513a00a79_m.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 4407475003_5a0f6d72dd_m.jpg
    4407475003_5a0f6d72dd_m.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 112
I think the people who have been moaning about the SilkScreening will calm down once they actually get the Pandora in their hands.

I mean, if the HAVE one to PLAY and USE and (sorry, getting over excited...), and the lack of silk screening is STILL bothering them then, well, I just don't see it happening!

So the Pandora screen won't be made of silk? It was a silly idea anyways. Glad they came to their senses. I can't wait until it gets here. The nubs should work perfect for "Where in the Hell is Carmen Sandiego?"

sure then please add some Mac like stickers with "OP logo" and/or first batch.

XD

im still wondering what would be that "special" deal craigx said once, after the first batch silkscreen fiasco.

DroneB Dev said:
im still wondering what would be that "special" deal craigx said once, after the first batch silkscreen fiasco.
We'll probably get a free accessory of our choice e.g TV-Out cable, case or even spare battery!!! All hail Craigx! :D

Sugar_Kane said:
I'm going with 'Free Farts Fandango'

That's funny, because I'm almost positive it's Free, Farfegnugen, and Frilly

Back