Slackware for Pandora 14.1

Hm, I did a slackpg update, then a slackpkg upgrade-all and since that didn't do anything, a slackpgk reinstall xscreensaver.

That reinstalled xscreensaver-5.22-arm-2.tgz, but I still get the complaint screen on every X start.

I read the developer removed that stupid nag screen meanwhile...

Did a new try with Slackware 14.1-6. This time the sound is working after boot. I am very pleased.

Thanks for the good work. One thing I was aware of : after sleep and back the LED for wifi is on (but wlan is off. I check this the next days.

Edit : after reboot the wifi LED problem has gone.

Good news : Smplayer 2 is working   for videos (not for DVB-T)

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I found with thunar : when I tried to copy a lot of bigger files at once from one SD to another (Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v) I get a lot of errors like " can't ... (don' remember) " after some percent are copied . Sometimes at 30% or after retry at 70%. So I tried with my PC and everything worked.

Then I tried with Beesoft Commander - also working. Only with thunar is a problem. Maybe someone can check this.

Joachim

I hope you make an image that will be usable in Pyra when the time comes. I'd love to have this as my main OS. I've been using Salix for half a year now after getting too frustrated with Arch, and I used pure Slackware before deciding I was too lazy to be a true Slacker.

I never had a copy problem so far.

File too big for fat 32 ?

Yeah, as soon as I got a Pyra ^^.

the files are not so big : 300 MB or 50MB - just some of them at once or only one if bigger

just tested again

- from SD with ext2 to SD fat32  no problem

- from SD ext2  to SD via Cardreader ext2 ok

- from CardReader ext2 to SD fat32 - "error by joining  file" (after 100 of 640MB)

-                "                     to SD ext2   same error after copying 80MB of 640

after repeating the copying the error is at another position, sometimes working

btw : the thing with the wifi LED after sleep is back again

Can't tell. Maybe your cards.

Yeah, I have to look at this. Probably with the next -current.

Thanks for reporting.

I'm currently uploading a new rootfs.

It includes the latest changes from official Zaxxon 171, kernel, pndlibs, pndmanager etc., and also a newer version of Firefox.

And of course latest Slackware ARM patches.

It now includes glshim in /opt/glshim/lib/libGL.so with the blessing of lunixbochs, thanks to him.

Upload finished in approx 4 hours.

Thx for Info,i will download it :)

Newest Things and Glshim sounds very good :)

That sounds nice. I would like to try but without new install. Can I update like OS update in SZ?

And what can I do to migrate SL4P from one card to a bigger one - just dd and then resize the partition ?

Thanks for help.

You can update, but it's better to reinstall from scratch.

Yup dd should work.

What I found so far with 14.1-6 : Some programs that need java (TV-Browser and MediathekView) sometimes won't start completely the first time so I have to kill them     and restart two or three times.

Same is when Seamonkey or Palemoon are already running - no complete start and stopping before opening prog window.

Thanks for the info. After installing new java none of both were starting :-(

Here is out from Mediathek (part)

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( MediathekView__Linux.sh  ) ----------
Archive:  /mnt/utmp/MediaThekView/filme.zip
./MediathekView__Linux.sh: Zeile 9: /usr/lib/java/bin/java: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( MediathekView__Linux.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

and here TV Browser

SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( ./tvbrowser.sh  ) ----------
./tvbrowser.sh: Zeile 1: #!/bin/bash: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./tvbrowser.sh: Zeile 7: /usr/lib/java/bin/java: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( ./tvbrowser.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

both say  /usr/lib/java/bin/java not found in line 7

I have a file java with about 6kB here. Now what?

Don't know.

Even the #!/bin/bash: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden is strange.

Uninstall the package you've just installed and reinstall OpenJDK (within gslapt for example).

Ok removed the package but when trying to install old version I get checksum error after download with gslapt so won't work. I tried with wget but get error file not found.

And one thing I found with FBReader : after starting it sets my clock to 1h plus and when I change back and go to sleepmode it will change back again 1h plus.

Back