Squidgesnes 0.39

PokeParadox posted on Oct 28 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
I'm not entirely sure but I think saves are only done once you shut SquidgeSNES down... if you just save in the SNES game and then switch off the GP2X you will lose the save.
I'm not totally sure either but I think it's only SCUMMVM that does that.

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:39 PM said:
I'm not entirely sure but I think saves are only done once you shut SquidgeSNES down... if you just save in the SNES game and then switch off the GP2X you will lose the save.
It's probably the same thing I tried to point out

yap, i pointed out the whole having to exit once saved thing a while back - it's quite a pain and really needs to be fixed as it didnt used to do this and i keep forgetting :(

I am having no problem with save states. I am saving both with the game itself and with Squidgesnes 0.39 while playing Chrono. Both are still there the next day. I just don't trust the in-game save states yet after reading about others having problems in this thread. :blink:

I would never have thought of it by my self but it´t true, you first heve to exit squidgesnes so that your sevastate is saved. That´s sure good toknow, thanks. :D :)

Goity posted on Oct 27 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
anyone else having problems with sound in ff6? It's all screwty sounding.

I have problems with Super Ghouls and Ghosts. When you throw the javelin it sounds like a laser gun, and when the zombies die it sounds like a buzz or fart. I had the music in Castlevania IV let out a stray off note (WAY off) too once. I don't think the SPC emulation is quite right yet.

Probably the problem with savestates is that sync() should be called after writing to the save files in the code, right now it calls sync() on exit most likely.

DaveC posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:36 PM said:

I have problems with Super Ghouls and Ghosts. When you throw the javelin it sounds like a laser gun, and when the zombies die it sounds like a buzz or fart. I had the music in Castlevania IV let out a stray off note (WAY off) too once. I don't think the SPC emulation is quite right yet.
The original snes9x had some sound issue too, For example, in secret of evermore, a lot of sound effect have fade out issue. Most of the sound problem I've seen with squidge snes were also present in snes9x.

pepone posted on Oct 28 2006 at 06:04 PM said:
DaveC posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:36 PM said:

The original snes9x had some sound issue too, For example, in secret of evermore, a lot of sound effect have fade out issue. Most of the sound problem I've seen with squidge snes were also present in snes9x.
This isn't just issues on ff6, the entire thing just buzzes in a vaguely reminiscent way to the opening note of the tune.

[/quote]
This isn't just issues on ff6, the entire thing just buzzes in a vaguely reminiscent way to the opening note of the tune.
[/quote]

Yes I have problems with Actraiser doing this as well. I reported it as a bug earlier on in this thread.

For people having issues with the sound being garbled or one long off-key note, try turning on the audio hack. I had the same issues in CVania 4 and Soulblazer. Once I turned on the hack, the sound was normal. Also some games won't even load for me without the audio hack enabled. (Mortal Kombat 1 and Actraiser for instance)

Hope this helps.

-Kensupen

I finally tried squidgenes .391 last night

What a huge improvement over earlier versions. Everything is finally playable at 200 mhz.

Good work, Its getting close to perfection!

Kensupen posted on Oct 29 2006 at 02:04 PM said:
For people having issues with the sound being garbled or one long off-key note, try turning on the audio hack. I had the same issues in CVania 4 and Soulblazer. Once I turned on the hack, the sound was normal. Also some games won't even load for me without the audio hack enabled. (Mortal Kombat 1 and Actraiser for instance)

Hope this helps.

-Kensupen

I have had many problems with the hack enabled. I guess some stuff likes it others not.

I think it is time for game specific configurations. That would save alot of time faffing with menus for each game every time. This way you can find the best settings save them and not have to try to remember which game likes what setting (s) after that.

Goity posted on Oct 29 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
Seems like the sound is frameskipped, making everything sound dumb.

Enable "auto frame skip"

DaveC posted on Oct 29 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
Kensupen posted on Oct 29 2006 at 02:04 PM said:

Hope this helps.

-Kensupen

I have had many problems with the hack enabled. I guess some stuff likes it others not.

I think it is time for game specific configurations. That would save alot of time faffing with menus for each game every time. This way you can find the best settings save them and not have to try to remember which game likes what setting (s) after that.

Goity posted on Oct 29 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
Seems like the sound is frameskipped, making everything sound dumb.

Enable "auto frame skip"

It is enabled, and the actual action is fullspeed thanks to frameskipping, but the actual sound sounds like its not being outputted on missed frames.

moz posted on Oct 29 2006 at 08:24 PM said:
havent touched my 2x for a while, does this emu get the DaveC thumbs up yet?

Close. It doesn't do transparencies, but other than that it is very playable with sound.

Back