The Pyra-Logo

Indeed, that Philosopher Font looks nice :)

I created an SVG Version of the Logo, and also made my own attempt with pretty clean and simple fonts (though I think I like philosopher better).

The SVG file (inkscape) is attached as ZIP. Feel free to use it to modify and play around with it :)

Here's a color attempt:

attachicon.gif
DPPyra.png

attachicon.gif
DPPyra2.png
I do prefer the Pyra over PYRA.

Don't think capital letters are the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree.
It depends a lot on the font which one looks best to me. I prefer this capitalization style:

dragonbox

PYRA

The d and P could be the ones from the logo this way, at least in an animation.

Maybe we don't have to look for an entire font for the word "PYRA", after all we only need four letters. I think it would be nice to stress the resemblance between the P / R pair and the Y / A pair of letters.

Or we could still use an ambigram, if it is sufficiently readable, e.g. this one:

pyralogo9dg.png

or this one:

pyralogo13.png

^ this a for a font not for a logo. give up on the ambigram. getting it in the logo is enough, no ?

I am generally against having the name below the logo on the lid though, if that's being planned.  Much of the point of the ambigram logo was so it could be put on the lid and look the right way up either closed in your hand or open viewed from across the train carriage.

Perhaps you could have it above and below though.  Rotated 180 degrees on the top, normal way up on the bottom.

Edit: Something like this:
4LiEIOU.png

I am generally against having the name below the logo on the lid though, if that's being planned.  Much of the point of the ambigram logo was so it could be put on the lid and look the right way up either closed in your hand or open viewed from across the train carriage.

Perhaps you could have it above and below though.  Rotated 180 degrees on the top, normal way up on the bottom.
I think it's for the website and the "Whole Logo" containing Pyra and maybe Dragonbox.

I agree there should be no letters on the device.

Much of the point of the ambigram logo was so it could be put on the lid and look the right way up either closed in your hand or open viewed from across the train carriage.
I agree. But these ambigrams are well found so I support that we should use them in any way (I prefer the version with semi rounded edges).

I'm not sure. "Pyra" with the logo looks more harmonious, they match better. But with "PYRA" the whole looks more sturdy, less volatile so it match better with the brick named Pyra.

140424112819313248.png

140424112717947824.png

In that font, initcaps looks a lot more word-shaped than all caps, but it varies with the font.  Although your lower case example is in a much bigger font size, which might have something to do with it too.

Maybe it would make sense to actually use the P from the logo for the text? Just so that whenever you just have it written somewhere without the logo, there's still part of the logo in it. It would help building the connection between the logo, the name and the product.
 That would only work if someone went through the time to make a font that matched.

That really depends on the font. I agree that caps for certain fonts won't look good, but there are plenty that would. Also, we must consider the possibility of using smallcaps as well.

-God Ginrai

That really depends on the font. I agree that caps for certain fonts won't look good, but there are plenty that would. Also, we must consider the possibility of using smallcaps as well.

-God Ginrai
Smallcaps might also look good.

Show me some good looking font and I have no problem with it.

For what I've seen so far I still prefer the "Pyra" version.

What if you would only put the logo on the lid, without text. People know it's a Pyra anyway.

Still need a font for it, as you still need to put the name somewhere (even if not on the lid but on keyboard or something).

Than it might be different, as it is also some kind of logo and that's a bit different than having it as a title under the logo itself.

I dont' think we need to say "Pyra" next to the logo.  Just leave the logo by itself.  The bootscreen can have the word "Pyra" in it and what not.

Edit: :ph34r:

What if you would only put the logo on the lid, without text. People know it's a Pyra anyway.

Still need a font for it, as you still need to put the name somewhere (even if not on the lid but on keyboard or something).

Than it might be different, as it is also some kind of logo and that's a bit different than having it as a title under the logo itself.
The lid doesn't have the text on there. We're already working on the print logos...

I like the final tweaked logo.still prefer the Pandora logo but I'm convinced my girlfriend will love this one.. ( she likes dragons and things that breathes fyar!) Can't wait to see more progress. :)

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

It's a Device-name so I would prefer the PYRA word in capital letters, God Ginrai's variant with the first letter bigger is also nice.

Smallcaps might also look good.

Show me some good looking font and I have no problem with it.

For what I've seen so far I still prefer the "Pyra" version.
Here's the Goodtimes font in smallcaps:

attachicon.gif
Pyra_Goodtimes_Smallcaps.PNG

-God Ginrai
Nah, it's not my style.

Your girlfriend likes me :eek: :x
You breathe fire? Damn, man. That's pretty Metal.

-God Ginrai
Yeah, especially in Summer it's pretty hot in the office.

Back