Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

At 200mhz the sound is a bit stuttery, and the menu is a bit annoying.

But all games I have tried so far work quite good.

Duke Nukem has some color issues in the menu though. #yay, reported first bug ;)

Ok, I sent out all current beta invites so far. If you are supposed to be in the beta and did not get a beta invite, please PM me. If you haven't joined the beta yet and donated, please PM me to get your invite. :)

I'm updating the first post with more information on the beta and some help with things.

DO NOT SHARE THIS BETA. This time things must be kept private. Sorry. :(

I'd recommend 266mhz to stop that stuttery sound bug and also don't forget this is basicly version 0.1 so expect a few glitches.

I find FS1 works quite nice. Let's hear what is running well...

Just donated 10$,

Still a bit Thanks you for the works you do on the gp2x !
paxl13

I'll try to avoid the most common things, but so far I think I've found a significant one.

Dr Mario / Puzzle league has some major palette issues. Everything is all fuzzy yellow n'stuff ^-^

Anyway, great first release, I've got every bit of confidence this is gonna be fullspeed down the road.

Just tried Sega Arcade Gallery - Outrun's palette is well screwed, and the game is very, very slow (fs 0, 200mhz)

Ms Pacman: Maze Madness - doesn't get past the first "digital zoo" splash screen, palette issues.

Iridion II - emulator locks up completely with a white screen, doesn't get anywhere.

More to come.

D.

I don't have many GBA games, but Mario world (the SNES conversion) seems spot on at 275mhz and i've played though the first world.

Then I had to remind myself no this isn't a SNES emu - it's a freaking GBA emu running this fast!

Wow, some odd choices for games. I like the beta reports so far!
Please make sure to post results once confirmed to checklist!

I updated the first post with some helpful information:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...35833&st=0#

Ms Pacman should work, I'll look into that one. Sega Arcade Gallery is a game that was sadly just poorly coded, it runs slowly in general. So I will try my best to get that one working, I love Super Hang-On in it. It's one of the ones that wants a high overclock.

I'll ask Exophase about Puzzle League, this might be a non-GP2X specific bug.

Another important fact:
There is a file called game_config.txt that includes specific optimizations on a per game basis. Matching the ROM you use to the one listed in that file will help increase speeds GREATLY! The majority of the games listed in it are U.S. releases, so a general rule of thumb is to use a US release of a game if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Mar 8 2007 at 06:23 PM said:
I'd recommend 266mhz to stop that stuttery sound bug and also don't forget this is basicly version 0.1 so expect a few glitches.

I find FS1 works quite nice. Let's hear what is running well...

As soon as I try 266 MHz on stuff it locks up solid. Only 240 MHz for me I guess. I would bet this will be full speed at 240 eventually so no big deal :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stuff seems fine at 240mhz, like I said I don't have many games but Bust-a-Move seems perfect (no sound stutter etc.)

I started testing games at 240MHz. There's a good portion that play fullspeed for me at 240MHz, but if the ROM doesn't match game_config.txt or is poorly coded, it can need 266MHz or a manual frameskip to get rid of the jittery sound to work well.

I'm sure of IT :D

It's Realy cool, so far I tested
Zelda: Minish cap, Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of soul.

Zelda is pretty impressive ! At 240 it pretty fluid, need to get my save from my DS to have
some action but I think I'd be playable :D

BTW, would It be possible to add a 245 Mhz at the menu chose :D.

Continue testing,
paxl

Edit: Castevania CoM is great too... ! Zelda US works better that Zelda Euro Multi-5 :D

Great Job ZodTTD, now having others things to do :(
Will continue l8ter
paxl13

I ran Mr Mister's 3D demo and it ran fullspeed too. I included a homebrew gba game which is a great remake of BustAMove. It runs amazingly well.

So, uh...

how does payback for gba run? :D

Note: Just a curiosity question, not suggesting people pirate a game available for GP2X.

A few quick tested games:

Chu Chu Rocket:

ChuChu%201.jpg

ChuChu%202.jpg

Runs good at 200 Mhz. Sound sometimes stuttered. No graphic glitches.

F-Zero:

Fzero%201.jpg

Fzero%202.jpg

Needs heavy overclocking, but playable and great grafix.

Gunstar Heroes:

Gunstar%20Heroes%201.jpg

Gunstar%20Heroes%202.jpg

Runs good at 266 Mhz. No graphic glitches.

Note: I'm not quite sure, with region these roms are. Try to check this later.
Great emu, zodttd...

Regards,
Stephan

Back