Pandora Pandora BIOS - Logo

Squidge said:
Would be better and easier if you could post a video. A lot of people are very wary about running anonymous executables, and compiling from source may take a while just to see how it looks.
OK sorry, I just added one. Once you trust it it's better to just download the program as its smaller and smoother.

Please note that animation can be improved using the same system by changing some of the data so if it were used as the startup animation, no doubt it would be slightly more detailed.

See the video of it working here.

Last edited by a moderator:
yosh64 said:
hey

@Tinnus, what's the prob? I've done a bit of GLSL shader coding before so maybe I can help :).

cyas
I'm not exactly sure. I'm rendering a model to a FBO, and if I send the entire vertex array it crashes my display driver (!). Maybe it's just the ImgTec DLLs having trouble with my ATI card? If I send 100 or so vertices, I can't get them to show up (not sure if it's a coordinate problem).

made this with POv-ray .. still learning

pandoravd8.gif

Tinnus said:
yosh64 said:
hey

@Tinnus, what's the prob? I've done a bit of GLSL shader coding before so maybe I can help :).

cyas
I'm not exactly sure. I'm rendering a model to a FBO, and if I send the entire vertex array it crashes my display driver (!). Maybe it's just the ImgTec DLLs having trouble with my ATI card? If I send 100 or so vertices, I can't get them to show up (not sure if it's a coordinate problem).

Try having someone else (with an nVidia card, maybe?) test it? If you can't find anything else wrong with the source and you think that might be the issue...

Vorporeal said:
Tinnus said:
yosh64 said:
hey

cyas

Try having someone else (with an nVidia card, maybe?) test it? If you can't find anything else wrong with the source and you think that might be the issue...

Yes team of imgtec told me than their lib works better with Nvidia card :huh:

Tinnus send to imgtec your source maybe they can help you (they suggest to me do that so ;) )

hey

Hmm, haven't done much with Frame buffer objects before, so dunno.

Is it possible ya might be overflowing the frame buffer or whatever? I have no clue, but maybe it might be helpful to try resize the viewport to something smaller and see what happens. Hmm, although if this was the prob then I don't think it would matter how many verts ya render.

BTW, if ya actually meant VBO (Vertex buffer object) then maybe checkout this article. Ohh and it's recommended ya use glDrawRangeElements() instead of glDrawElements() as it's meant to be more efficient, well this is mentioned in that article. Hmm, looking back I don't imagine ya meant VBO, hehe.

cya

I just added a youtube video of my procedural logo if anyone's interested.

EDIT: I modified it so it draws the pandora box logo also, here's a picture of how it looks when its finished its drawing effect.

Thats not the damn pandora logo!
Anyway, I like that coded logo. Maybe you could do that, but slower, then have tinnus do some sweet 3D stuff where it zooms through the text, or the logo zooms up and spins or something.

Eolair that would be cooler if the with the pipe box logo where it does the same as you eye thing logo except the lightening starts when the box is opened sort of flying out of it

PoisonedV said:
Thats not the damn pandora logo!
Anyway, I like that coded logo. Maybe you could do that, but slower, then have tinnus do some sweet 3D stuff where it zooms through the text, or the logo zooms up and spins or something.
Thanks, my logo was aimed at being run during the bios loading stage where I doubt there will be access to graphics hardware.
The speed can easily be modified by changing one line in the program, it could also run for as long as it takes to load or whatever which may be good.

I was thinking of adding in watermarked names of all the developers scrolling across in the background though, but I dunno how squidge uses fonts in the code so anything I did in that area would need to be heavily modified in the actual bios.

flatmush said:

EDIT: I modified it so it draws the pandora box logo also, here's a picture of how it looks when its finished its drawing effect.

<snip>

I really like this - it would be a really cool, efficient BIOS startup animation.

Vorporeal said:
flatmush said:

<snip>

I really like this - it would be a really cool, efficient BIOS startup animation.

Agreed. This is by far the most effective bios boot thing I have seen so far.

hey

Personally, with animations put aside I prefer Eolair's logo and the eye thingy rather than the 3d box thingy.

Not sure exactly why, I guess it looks somewhat like a panthers eye and so reminds me of the pandora, hehe.

cyas

PSyMastR said:
Vorporeal said:
flatmush said:

<snip>

Agreed. This is by far the most effective bios boot thing I have seen so far.

+1. Nice. Simple.

I agree. Also, the code seems nice and simple to implement. The only thing I'd change is the timing, which seems easy enough.

hey

I just wanted to mention that I much prefer the font, spacing and such of the logo on the pandora website compared to in flatmush's logo, what do others think?

Hmm, the perspective of the cube next to the capitals with such close spacing just don't work for me :\. Ohh, and the the curved ends on the cube really put the perspective off wack :p, sorry if I sound harsh but this is what I see :\. So if you want the curves, please put them in perspective ;). Anyhows besides this I think you have done well :).

But yea, I think the logo on the pandora website is fine.

edit
pandoraprocedurallogoedhn5.png

I done a quick edit to try and fix the perspective of the curved ends of the cube and also added a bit more spacing. Anyhows I hope you don't mind. Hmm, something still doesn't look right about the cube to me, I might look into it more.

another edit
test2mc4.png

Here is the pandora logo from the website that I have converted into 2 colors. Hmm, the cube looks a little small or something, but I dunno.

and another
pandora1mv6.png

I thought I'd extract the logo from Eolair's animation so you can compare or whatever, I also hope ya don't mind, hehe.

cyas

yosh64 said:
hey

I just wanted to mention that I much prefer the font, spacing and such of the logo on the pandora website compared to in flatmush's logo, what do others think?

Yeah thats all well and good but the logo isn't drawn by me, its actually a special assembler-style plotter program, its hard to do the original logo. If you wanna try be my guest, straight lines are much easier to write in.

Here's the code for just the box logo:
CODE
MOVE(0, -27)
PEN_ON

MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)

MOVE(1, 1)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(1, 1)

MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)

MOVE(0, -1)

MOVE(-1, -1)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, -2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, -2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, -2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, -2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, -2)
MOVE(-1, 0)

MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)

MOVE(2, 0)

MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, 2)
MOVE(1, 0)

MOVE(-1, 0)

MOVE(-2, 2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, 2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, 2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, 2)
MOVE(-1, 0)
MOVE(-2, 2)
MOVE(-1, 0)

MOVE(-1, 1)

MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)
MOVE(0, 3)

MOVE(0, 1)

MOVE(1, -1)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(2, -2)
MOVE(1, 0)
MOVE(1, -1)

MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)
MOVE(0, -3)

PEN_OFF
MOVE(9, 27)

Tossing my hat into the ring of that is a nice lil' bios thinger ya got there, flatmush. Must have taken you quite a bit of tinkering to get it proper :)

It'd be cool to see a system boot up with it.

Back