Pandora Pandora BIOS - Logo

WarmFluffyUK said:
How about this one:
Pandora Logo Animation

I wrote it in Flash, but it should be easy to convert to other formats.

Nice. I like it. If you could convert it to seperate frames so we can see how its built up, it would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okey dokey, I have exported the movie to separate frames and zipped them all up for you. You can download the zip from here.

The above file is minus the audio of course, I can supply that too if you like.

hey

WarmFluffyUK: Nice logo, but I think it's very much like the Nintendo Wii logo, I mean that sound effect with the cube popping up. Hmm, I will try find the one I mean, might have been in some commercial or something, dunno. Yea, checkout the http://www.nintendo.com.au website ;).

flatmush: I think ya done darn well to plot all that :).

edit
I was just thinking that I could probably quickly write a prog to read an image with 2 colors and plot out the code for that thingy. But I don't think I will bother unless it's really necessary.

cyas

yosh64 said:

edit
I was just thinking that I could probably quickly write a prog to read an image with 2 colors and plot out the code for that thingy. But I don't think I will bother unless it's really necessary.
Thanks, if you do write that program it would be nice to get a plot of the official pandora logo going, but it would be a lot of effort. Can't think how you'd do it so it correctly drew all the letters though.

flatmush said:
yosh64 said:

edit
Thanks, if you do write that program it would be nice to get a plot of the official pandora logo going, but it would be a lot of effort. Can't think how you'd do it so it correctly drew all the letters though.

I could do it in flash and export the frames to images if you like?

i still wish we could have a 3d render that we could pan around by touching the screen with our finger, the way that on the zodiac tapping the screen makes the text display faster.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's another one:

Another animated logo

That one is nice, too :) But the writing looks like it's too far to the left...

Jackd said:
i still wish we could have a 3d render that we could pan around by touching the screen with our finger, the way that on the zodiac tapping the screen makes the text display faster.
That sounds to me like the kind of thing Tinnus is working on (sort of a 3D splash screen while the OS is loading), not a BIOS-Logo, which most of this thread is about ;)
Tinnus said he had a cool idea for that, maybe it lends itself to being interactive like you suggested... but then input drivers are one more thing to load before anything else, just to be able to start the splash...

yosh64 said:
hey

I just wanted to mention that I much prefer the font, spacing and such of the logo on the pandora website compared to in flatmush's logo, what do others think?

Hmm, the perspective of the cube next to the capitals with such close spacing just don't work for me :\. Ohh, and the the curved ends on the cube really put the perspective off wack :p, sorry if I sound harsh but this is what I see :\. So if you want the curves, please put them in perspective ;). Anyhows besides this I think you have done well :).

But yea, I think the logo on the pandora website is fine.

edit
pandoraprocedurallogoedhn5.png

I done a quick edit to try and fix the perspective of the curved ends of the cube and also added a bit more spacing. Anyhows I hope you don't mind. Hmm, something still doesn't look right about the cube to me, I might look into it more.

another edit
test2mc4.png

Here is the pandora logo from the website that I have converted into 2 colors. Hmm, the cube looks a little small or something, but I dunno.

and another
pandora1mv6.png

I thought I'd extract the logo from Eolair's animation so you can compare or whatever, I also hope ya don't mind, hehe.

cyas

I can live with the Box-Logo but the used Font is soooooo boring, you see it and forget it instantly. I would like to see something more like in the last Picture. The Font and the Logo has to burn into the mind of everyone who see it.

Quick question, will we be able to change it if we don't like the animation thats chosen?

Also, I've got a some good ideas, I'll post some of my own later tonight. At the risk of sounding bigheaded, they will be awesome because im super-talented.

DarkScale said:
Quick question, will we be able to change it if we don't like the animation thats chosen?
Not really. You'd have to modify the bios and flash the pandora with the new bios.

Oh I thought changing the animation would be like how lots of people change the GP2X starup sound.

Oh well its not really a problem, I'm sure the one they choose will be very good anyway.

I would assume they could change the startup animation with each firmware update.

DarkScale said:
Oh I thought changing the animation would be like how lots of people change the GP2X starup sound.

Oh well its not really a problem, I'm sure the one they choose will be very good anyway.
The animation or sound from the linux startup could be changed by users, just the bios ones are hard to change.

Game_over said:
I would assume they could change the startup animation with each firmware update.
Ideally the BIOS will have no bugs and be feature complete, thus need no updates.

Game_over said:
Ideally the BIOS will have no bugs and be feature complete, thus need no updates.

Even if it does, theres a 0.1% chance of bricking by updating it (There would have to be a hardware fault, such as the NAND failing), and you would only need to update if you needed the new features.

Back