Pandora Pandora BIOS - Logo

pandoralogo.gif

Something along the lines of that maybe?
It's a bit rough, but it's a piece of concept
Also hi I'm new, been following the project; and can't wait for august.

Eolair said:
Cool, that looks similar to mine.

pandora-1.gif

... I'm just kidding ;)
i really love it :wub:

WarmFluffyUK said:
How about this one:
Pandora Logo Animation

I wrote it in Flash, but it should be easy to convert to other formats.

love this too and your 'funny' animation is great too

You are excellent Eolair and WarmFluffyUK :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Craig or Ed could have some input and let us know what kind of startup logo will be used. I would like to know the following pretty please:
  1. Will the startup logo be static or animated?
  2. Will there be an audio startup sound to accompany the logo (I think this is a yes)?
  3. Minimum seconds will the startup logo be displayed for (I'm assuming logo will remain until end of boot)?
  4. If the logo is animated, what format will the animation be?
I think info on the above will be very helpful to us, especially if they are going to consider using one of ours, we can then format it accordingly :)

Addition:

Take a look

I really like all the animations presented so far (though I like Eolair's logo the best).

All, that is, except WarmFluffyUK's. Well, maybe that's a bit strong. I like it, it just reminds me a lot of the Nintendo DS startup animation. Wouldn't want us to be seen as copying any of the big boys, is all. ;)

The problem is most of these images are really flashy and good, but are more for the bootup sequence than the bios.

For the bios the animations either need to be procedural (programmed) or fit into a few kilobyte gif file.
I think all of warmfluffyuk's animations could be programmed but without the gpu it is much harder to achieve the transparency effects.
Eolairs are not likely to be implementable in the bios stage at all as they are too complex to fit in a few KiB.

If everyone likes one of warmfluffys logos then it's possible I could program a procedural version.

Also I'm not sure what the likelyhood of the sound system being initialized in the bios stage is, I'm guessing there won't be any sound either.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Did you like my 3rd one? LOL.

First
Second
Third <--- :D

I really like the second one! It is simple but efficient, and my favourite so far. The first one is good too. :)
I think someone mentioned this earlier, but I would like to be able to change it to another preinstalled animation whenever I want, like the bootsound. Would that be possible?
:pandora1:

flatmush said:
The problem is most of these images are really flashy and good, but are more for the bootup sequence than the bios.

For the bios the animations either need to be procedural (programmed) or fit into a few kilobyte gif file.
I think all of warmfluffyuk's animations could be programmed but without the gpu it is much harder to achieve the transparency effects.
Eolairs are not likely to be implementable in the bios stage at all as they are too complex to fit in a few KiB.

If everyone likes one of warmfluffys logos then it's possible I could program a procedural version.

Also I'm not sure what the likelyhood of the sound system being initialized in the bios stage is, I'm guessing there won't be any sound either.
You won't need any transparent effects, flash can export to gifs. I think I tried my first one and got it to about 83K and I bet I can get it smaller too.

How about something like this:
znnajs.gif

(I'll pad these out a bit because two animations close together makes it hard to watch...)

Maybe while the system is still loading, you could do a "progress" animation:
ab0coi.gif

Kagato, those are gorgeous!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Addition:

Take a look

DROOL... Clare, that's freaking awesome! :)

And Eolair's is great as well, but possibly a bit too busy? But I do like that blue electricity effect!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's one I did for a laugh:
Just for fun

OMG, that's THE one!!! :D I love it!!!

So many good artists around here!

I like WarmFluffyUK's 1st one, Kagato's, and also that one with the white text on black background (except that I think only the cube should be "drawn", the "Pandora" letters should be typed).

But whatever it is, I think that it should take no longer than 2-3 seconds. Really, the GBC startup logo was the perfect length. ;) The shorter the better (unless there's a certain time that the system will be "loading" anyway).

I know how to use Flash too, but I'm using it to make an animation using painted graphics (not Flash's forte, but it's an adaptable program)... so I'll leave the clean vector art animation to those who are more proficient in it than I am. :)

Back