Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Italy here.
I got the mail on friday, and the refund has just arrived. Now I'm waiting for the link to re-order via debit card (I'm sorry for the Pandora team: I know that this method will cost you something, but my bank would make me pay 25 euros for a money transfer :( )

sent my bank transfer yesterday, got a confirmation email today. i wont say im not a bit anxious about it, there are many things which could still bring the entire project to its knees and then i'd never see my money again... but im willing to take the risk, even despite craigix lack of communication and bending of the truth in certain matters.

roll on january.

WTH, why are people getting all hysterical again?

Do you seriously still think this is a scam?
Think for just a moment about how much effort has gone into the project.
................okay,
MOST ELABORATE AND POINTLESS SCAM EVER.
Seriously, with almost a million pounds at their disposal, they are going to pull an exchange rate scam for a measly 60k, right. Some great logic and reasoning skills you have there.

/me sighs

Arakasi said:
WTH, why are people getting all hysterical again?

Do you seriously still think this is a scam?
Think for just a moment about how much effort has gone into the project.
................okay,
MOST ELABORATE AND POINTLESS SCAM EVER.
Seriously, with almost a million pounds at their disposal, they are going to pull an exchange rate scam for a measly 60k, right. Some great logic and reasoning skills you have there.

/me sighs
I have a magic box here that is the most powerful PC in the world, can make tea, clean your house and loads extra. Its not made yet, but if you send me 500 quid, il return 400 to you and cancel your order. Then you can pay 20 quid to send it again, and wait until I have the item made which will be 'whenever'!!!

What exactly is the definition of a scam ????? Maybe your just a bit naive ?

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:
sent my bank transfer yesterday, got a confirmation email today. i wont say im not a bit anxious about it, there are many things which could still bring the entire project to its knees and then i'd never see my money again... but im willing to take the risk, even despite craigix lack of communication and bending of the truth in certain matters.

roll on january.
Haha after all the fuss I cant believe you are reordering! Fair play though, even your muted support is nice ;)

nacimroc said:
I have a magic box here that is the most powerful PC in the world, can make tea, clean your house and loads extra. Its not made yet, but if you send me 500 quid, il return 400 to you and cancel your order. Then you can pay 20 quid to send it again, and wait until I have the item made which will be 'whenever'!!!

What exactly is the definition of a scam ????? Maybe your just a bit naive ?
Maybe I am just lucky with where I am but I emailed the pandora sales address asking what I would need to pay stating my original order and was told that it was exactly the same. I paid £207.20, got that much back and just had to pay the same again.

It just seems like the shifting markets are the big problem and that is sad. To say it is a scam though is a bit much because noone is gaining anymore money, its just the consumer that is losing it. Which is a shame. If you can point out any way that Open Pandora Ltd are making more money out of this though, I will be surprised. Even if you end up paying more, when its exchanged into money they can actually use it wont be any more than they should have had. Its annoying and probably quite upsetting but it is not a scam.

I preorder 2 pandora with 2 devfund for 581 euro
And I get only 508 euros as a refund, I'm really sad I lost 70 euros it's really to high
Don't know if I want to reorder.

Honestly, I don't think its a scam. I think they have got into financial crisis, hence banks renage on transfers and won't gaurantee payment via credit card. Paypal instead of making alot of money, felt it was too dodgy and pulled out aswell. They only break even if I make the order again, if I don't they make that extra exchange rate fees.

If paypal, banks found it too dodgy and would prefer nothing rather than making money, theres something off somewhere. There is nothing to say they won't refund my payment again, and get screwed more. Or worse, it goes belly up and this time I have no gaurantee such as credit card. How long should I go before pulling out ? How long do I have to wait for the item (definite date). Pre-orders do not charge immediately, or only take a 10% charge for reasons such as this. Its all too cloak and dagger for me.

Badxil said:
And I get only 508 euros as a refund, I'm really sad I lost 70 euros it's really to high

than again you should pay the amount of pounds you paid the first time(and they refunded you). In that case you'll pay about the same.

the value of the pound dropped a whole lot the last couple of months

bpdeur.jpg

Damnit, I got a refund 22 Nov :( thought I'd made it lol.
No email at all though.
Which Im a little confused about, since I was told if we got a refund we WOULD be getting an email (they confirmed my payment though so they must have my email...)
Also, the amount refunded doesn't seem to include the money I put down for a TV cable, not sure if that was refunded seperatly though, bit of confusion with the Indian call operator...

I'm not guing to issue a bank transfer though, if VAT is being slashed, I would imagine its better/about the same for me to reoorder latter for the same amount and have them save a bit that way.

How are we going to find out when CC ordering is available though (I only found out ordering was open in the first place cause I was online at the right time), since they can't seem to get emails out to everyone, and the main page and craigs shop haven't been updated since this all began (Incidently GBAX claims that the Wiz is shipping end of November still! That really needs to be changed or it could cause some trouble couldn't it?)

Still commited to the Pandora though, but my increased bank balance is a bit of a temptation...

Badxil said:

yes but its not going to cost you 581E to re-order is it? itll cost whatever £430* is in euro's at the moment. you will still lose out, but not by too much.

*i dont know how much 2x pandora + 2x dev fund + shipping to europe cost originally.

gibberish said:
Badxil said:

yes but its not going to cost you 581E to re-order is it? itll cost whatever £430* is in euro's at the moment. you will still lose out, but not by too much.

*i dont know how much 2x pandora + 2x dev fund + shipping to europe cost originally.

Yeah, but by the time CC orderings up the currency could slide even further and that could be even more money lost.
.... Alternativly it could all rebound and he could make mone.... not so likely though :D

Personally I still have an open mind.
They say the Mk2 boards ahve been shipped to devs, so there should be alot more news coming out about our favourite non-tangible gadget in the next month or so!
... That said, if there isn't I might begin to have doubts.

Any idea how long the CC ordering will be open for after its opened?

nacimroc said:
Pi$$ed off now! Got refund. Down 21.11 Euro! Bad enough I had to pre-pay 100% for a pre-order which wasn't even made and had a shipping date which could be anything up to 6 months ish, but then I get shafted for 21.11 plus the extra to send the money back.

21.11 x 3000 orders = €63,330!!!! Sure they didn't run out of money and pull a quick exchange rate scam ?? Obviously not all in euro, and most will re-order, but how many people not going to due to extra costs of sending money, unaware, don't want anymore ?

Lets see if I get this right. You paid them in euro, the bank converted your euros to £200 GBP. When they refunded you, they refunded the entire £200 which the bank converted to euros at the going rate. So OpenPandora made a grand total of £0, and the bank made a profit from two conversions between currencies.

nacimroc said:
Pi$$ed off now! Got refund. Down 21.11 Euro! Bad enough I had to pre-pay 100% for a pre-order which wasn't even made and had a shipping date which could be anything up to 6 months ish, but then I get shafted for 21.11 plus the extra to send the money back.
If you send the same amount of Euro's back, which is what people seem to be doing, you haven't lost anything...

maxSteiner said:
No email at all though.
How are we going to find out when CC ordering is available though...

See the |Re-0rder Email link in my sig for the full emails from openpandora and the latest one from ED. There are no details of when except "7-10 days".

maxSteiner said:
Any idea how long the CC ordering will be open for after its opened?
Nothing quoted yet. Wouldn't imagine they'll close it too quickly as they want the dosh.

TaG said:
If you send the same amount of Euro's back, which is what people seem to be doing, you haven't lost anything...
Yes, but I've no intention of sending money back therefore I am out. Since I paid originally, paypal have backed out, banks have backed out, no update on delivery date and my order was cancelled. Not exactly the way I thought it was going to go or the kind of people I originally thought I was dealing with.

To be honest I don't feel safe giving money now as theres no gaurantee on my money anymore (until they start excepting credit cards again) and no gaurantee the same thing won't happen again next week.

nacimroc said:
TaG said:
Yes, but I've no intention of sending money back therefore I am out. Since I paid originally, paypal have backed out, banks have backed out, no update on delivery date and my order was cancelled. Not exactly the way I thought it was going to go or the kind of people I originally thought I was dealing with.

To be honest I don't feel safe giving money now as theres no gaurantee on my money anymore (until they start excepting credit cards again) and no gaurantee the same thing won't happen again next week.

i nearly did the same, but i want a pandora and i have a greater chance of getting one if i buy one than if i dont. its only £200, ive i never see the machine or get my money back i'll consider it a lesson learnt.

well they said credit card orders will start again so you can wait for that.

As far as the other stuff goes, thats just how difficult it is dealing with a large amount of money. Paypal have very strict T&C and the team even advised against doing things that way. Considering how everyone has gotten their money back who was meant to, I get the feeling that they might have actually been telling the truth on that too so really you are just dealing with a company who honestly expected problems with one thing, and did their best to resolve another thing.

Were you expecting to deal with people who would send you a wad of monopoly money in the post or something? Or all of them come round to deliver a platinum cased pandora the day after you ordered?

I think most people have had exactly what they expected which was a new business starting up with inevitable teething problems.

Ok, got my email on the 20th and the money showed up on my account on the 21st. I'm in sweden.

The email doesnt specify how much money I am supposed to send though. Should I just send the exact amount that I got refunded? That makes most sense but I am a bit unsure.

Edit: removed a useless offtopic question.

I ordered from Openpandora (i.e. not from e.g. the German reseller)
Thus I ordered in GBP. My original order confirmation said X GBP, and my refund was the exact same amount (X) in GBP. In the meantime the currency rates fluctuated a little bit, so I was actually refunded slightly more than I was debited originally (a pound or two). My understanding is that I'm supposed to reorder with the same X GBP as I was originally deducted, and which is what I also got refunded, never mind which way it comes out in my local currency. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Back