Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Have received my refund, but am a little (only a little) worried.

I made 2 seperate orders originally and been refunded for both, however one email came from openpandorasales and the other from openpandoraorder (or something similar), so i've replied to one saying i want to re-order by debit card and as of yet havent had a reply.

Also, i tried phoning the tel. number on the email, which out me through to a fax machine?

whats going on?

cheesygrin said:
Have received my refund, but am a little (only a little) worried.

I made 2 seperate orders originally and been refunded for both, however one email came from openpandorasales and the other from openpandoraorder (or something similar), so i've replied to one saying i want to re-order by debit card and as of yet havent had a reply.

Also, i tried phoning the tel. number on the email, which out me through to a fax machine?

whats going on?
I'd wait. Look at the link in TaG's signature for more info. If you are really unsure send Chip a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my refund today. As soon as I received I sent an email asking for instructions for the bank transfer. I got a reply not 10 minutes later. I transfered the money and sent the proof of transfer, and I received a reply a few minutes later saying that everything was fine and my transfer had been linked to my order.

That's how things are done. I believe the person on the other side must be pretty busy replying to loads of emails, but it is really reassuring that they do. The fact that I received replies really quickly made me feel really safe. Thanks.

I did receive a bit less than I paid initially, but then again when I transfered my money I only transfered the money I received, so I didn't pay more than I had initially paid.

My confidence is totally reassured (not that I ever lost it) and again, all I have to do now is wait.

People who don't plan to reorder may loose a little more than €20, but that's not the Pandora's team's fault. They refunded the same amout of GBPs that I had paid, and now I only paid the same amount of money that was refunded. So the €20 are due to the exchange rate only.

If you reorder you don't pay any more that you had paid initially.

Cheers.

joseluisjazz said:
I'm from Spain too, and I don't think you'll have to pay 20€ more. My case is similar to yours.

The money of my refund was 36€ less than the quantity I originally paid. But what I have paid now is 25€ less than the original price in EUR. So at the end I only paid 11€ more. My estimations are that you'll probably end paying around 6€ more than the original price or so... Not counting the comissions your bank may apply.
You're assuming that I'm still going to re-order, which I probably won't. I guess it's not a bad tactic to get people to stay on-board: if you don't re-order then you lose money. If you do re-order then you're almost paying the same.

Lobo said:
You're assuming that I'm still going to re-order, which I probably won't.
I wonder how many will not re-order, especially with the latest announced ETA.

cheesygrin said:
Both openpandorasales and openpandoraorders are valid email addresses. We've got two very nice young ladies working on sorting out orders, and they're using those two addresses.

We do not have the re-order page up yet for credit/debit cards. We'll post the info as soon as it's ready.

Lobo said:
You're assuming that I'm still going to re-order, which I probably won't. I guess it's not a bad tactic to get people to stay on-board: if you don't re-order then you lose money. If you do re-order then you're almost paying the same.
Dude, it's not a "tactic" -- no one can control currency exchange rates. In fact, a lot of people will be refunded MORE than they originally paid. If I get a refund and don't reorder, I'll make about $40. But I'm still going to reorder.

Chip said:
cheesygrin said:
Both openpandorasales and openpandoraorders are valid email addresses. We've got two very nice young ladies working on sorting out orders, and they're using those two addresses.

We do not have the re-order page up yet for credit/debit cards. We'll post the info as soon as it's ready.
Thanks for clearing that one up Chip, i need not bother those nice young ladies again.

Keep up the good work!

Chip said:
We've got two very nice young ladies working on sorting out orders, and they're using those two addresses.
I've had replies from Jacqueline, she has been an awesome help. Hurrah for the unsung heroes of the Pandora project!

RenegadeChic said:
I've had replies from Jacqueline, she has been an awesome help. Hurrah for the unsung heroes of the Pandora project!
Same here, and a big +1 to that. :) That's all I have to say.

Just noticed my refund cleared on 24th, that'd be... 4 days after refund e-mail.

SEB in Estonia.

javaJake said:
Prometheus said:
RenegadeChic said:
Same here, and a big +1 to that. :) That's all I have to say. :lol: (that makes two good laughs today!)

Laughs? :blink: What was the other one? :p

Prometheus said:
javaJake said:
Prometheus said:
RenegadeChic said:
Same here, and a big +1 to that. :) That's all I have to say. :lol: (that makes two good laughs today!)

Laughs? :blink: What was the other one? :p

my favorite part was 'unsung'

I only got my reorder email 3 days ago. I haven't gotten my refund yet, but I'm curious as to what my email coming so late means. Did emails go out later to people further back in line? I pre-ordered as fast as my computer allowed me to once I saw someone post the news (which came half an hour before my pre-order email <_< ). Anybody official have any idea of this? I'd love to hear it's just a random order they're going in.

Got my refund sometimes on Monday. On the statement it shows the 1st of October, so I almost missed it.

Got 360$ back, out of 390$ that I had payed. I guess that when reordering I will lose another 10$ish in conversion fees. :(

Hopefully we'll all get our reordering page soon.

I'll reorder if we are guaranteed to receive our pandoras before the end of February. Although, by then, there might be other competitive PMPs (which is what I am mostly looking for in the Pandora)

When you ordered your $390 was worth XXX pounds. You got refunded $360 because now $360 is worth XXX pounds. When you reorder you still only have to pay XXX pounds, which now translates to $360 (unless this drags out in time, but then maybe you'll get away with $355..).

The above doesn't take transaction charges into account, but the point is that you're not losing anything in the exchange rate fluctuations.

Back