Psx4gp2x Public Beta 2 Released.

My tested games for the night. Not much difference in speed but definitely better visuals. I tested chrono cross but same problem occured where the game freezes after selecting new game. Maybe u have to wait for a really long time , but somebody else is going to have to test that out :blink: . Here are the results for the other games.

Tekken 3

Vsyncrate : 14-16
Framerate: 7-9 fps (In battle)
CPU: 280MHz
Interlace: 1
Progressive: On

Vagrant Story
Vsyncrate: 51
Framerate: 8 fps (While walking)
CPU: 280MHz
Interlace: 1
Progressive: On

If it didn't work before, Tekken 3 now works, although it runs ridiculously slow. Not really playable at all. The graphics are very crisp however and I don't really see any problems there. Hopefully the dynarec will be ready in a month to make tekken semi playable. Vagrant story ran at decent speed still not really playable though. Graphics are ok excepts for the blurring motion (game might just have blurring effect not sure). I will try to test more games in the future but for now thats it. I need some sleep.

Great, as predicted by the predictor :blink:, oh wait, that sounded bad... Great work zodttd B)... I'll be running my usual set of tests + some extra games over the next day or three.

It doesn' t work with me.

When I start the emu, my gp2x crashes on this message:

Initializing.
optimizing framebuffer. please wait.

I have waited 15 min and nothing hapens.

My firmware is still 1.4, do I have to upgrade to 2.0?

PS: sorry for my poor english.

Tactics Ogre @ 275mhz, Progressive ON, Interlace 1
Vsync: 50-55
FPS: 12-18 in-game

Felt about half-speed, but playable if you're very patient!

Very impressive :)

Umihara Kawase Syun @250mhz, Progressive ON/OFF, Interlace 1/0

Loaded, but crashed on intro screen.

When I start the emu, my gp2x crashes on this message:
Initializing.
optimizing framebuffer. please wait.
I have waited 15 min and nothing hapens.
My firmware is still 1.2.1, do I have to upgrade to 2.0?
PS: sorry for my poor english.
I had a quick go this morning, overclocked to 220(!) and it sat there on "optimising framebuffer" - had to poweroff. :(
Can't believe that was a problem though - probably me being impatient).
Ran okay at 200 - so try not overclocking??
I'm on 2.0 firmware and your English is great!

Clocked at 200 it started Ridge Racer 4 (all loads and starts, but can't accelerate - same as before - iffy .bin?) - seemed a little faster (but I may have been overclocking tbefore so possibly better than I think..)
Soul Blade runs at least as well as it did (2+ fps whilst fighting) - this now o/ced to 250 seems to work ok. <-EDIT
Framerate 3 (227, 8)ms
dmachaintime(2):18-34%
dmamemtime( 4-24) 0ms

Anyway had to go to work today - so will try more tests this weekend.. (footie allowing..).

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem even if i don' t overclock my gp2x.

I think have to upgrade it to the 2.0 firmware.

EDIT: it' s ok, I have upgraded my firmware and the emu works.

FF7:

still playable, minor speed improvements:
4-6 fps in movie,
10-13 fps in game,
3-4 fps in fighting
interlaced messed up the fighting menu (invisible).
interlaced doesn't seem to make it faster.

FF9:

old version didn't run it.... logo shows up, then it hangs.... still the same problem as before :(

FF8:
(280 mhz, no interlaced)
logo fading flickers
movie: 3-4 fps
game: 8 - 12
ff8 hangs at the movie where quistis comes in (same as old version I believe)

but still amazing to see ff8 running on my GP2X :) lol
keep up the good work hope the dynarec stuff works out!!!

Tried FF9(PAL) aswell, it still just hangs with black screen at start.

Front mission 3(PAL) still crashes around the same point after all the movies have finished and it starts to go ingame.

Oddworld Abes Exoddus(PAL) now works! :D
All settings on default.
It has some graphical trailing problems and some corruption on menus, these dont seem to go away even if i turn off interlace.
Vsincrate: 65
Framerate: 32 (14 on busy scenes)
Very playable!! Apart from trying to remember the controls as there is no sound to know if you are saying the right things .:p

OMG! Diablo works.

I just played through the first level.

Actually, it's a little slow but still playable. Can't wait for frameskip and sound.... that all this really needs to be a mobile Diablo solution.

If people want to try it out, I used the full rip. No compression.

This is a quality release. Thanks PSX2ALL team! :)

I tested GRAN_TURISMO1_PS1.img, the game-menu works fine, but when I want to start the race, it just jump back to the main menu.. the same occours when I want to see a review of a race.

btw are compressed images supported? i think this woul dspeed up the loading of the game and save space on the sd card.

cheers
michu

OMG! Diablo works.

I just played through the first level.

Actually, it's a little slow but still playable. Can't wait for frameskip and sound.... that all this really needs to be a mobile Diablo solution.

If people want to try it out, I used the full rip. No compression.

This is a quality release. Thanks PSX2ALL team! :)

Seconded. It needs some more speed to be playable but it's already very close to that. I've had the image stuck on my SD for a while hoping it would run in one of the later emu releases, and now it DOES!! :D

Thank you to all the coders, you guys rock!

"SunSpire"

Surely yes. If you're using PocketISO 2.0 it should already compress the image.

BTW, I just use normal compression as higher compression ratio implies more cpu usage IMO...

I think people having Wipeout should take it for a test, it may already even close to fullspeed, if not 2/3 of it... :lol:

Just I want to finish off Gradius Gaiden first (I'm at the last stage now!), so I could only take it for a spin later...

Surely yes. If you're using PocketISO 2.0 it should already compress the image.

BTW, I just use normal compression as higher compression ratio implies more cpu usage IMO...

I think people having Wipeout should take it for a test, it may already even close to fullspeed, if not 2/3 of it... :lol:

Just I want to finish off Gradius Gaiden first (I'm at the last stage now!), so I could only take it for a spin later...

I worked out in the last release that diablo got further when it was not compressed, so it had some effect on compatibility.

Superb work boys, my sincere thanks to you all!

Just tested Abes odyssey and MDK, Abe's as above but MDK plays very well, at least 3/4 of full speed, most impressive as it's quite heavy on the 3d.

Kudos to the coders

Back