Psx4gp2x Public Beta 2 Released.

just Try the new release but can't laucnh any game (try with Bloody Roare II and Tactics Ogre). After loading the bios and game(.bin, from an iso .bin/ .cue) just get a black screen and nothing else... What did I do wrong ?

Hmmm, you need to have the Scph1001.bin file in the folder that psx4all is in, you load the actual CD image file, in other words the .BIN, the .IMG, the .ISO... And so on...

If it's staying on a black screen, try a lower overclocking rate. :)

great work zodttd !!!!!!
can't wait to test it !!!

When I can play final fantasy 7 at decent speed I will donate :D

STTrife posted on Jul 3 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
great work zodttd !!!!!!
can't wait to test it !!!

When I can play final fantasy 7 at decent speed I will donate :D
Its playable at its current state. Just a tad slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said decent speed... I don't know how you get 20 fps in fighting scenes but me and others only get 3-4 fps which is too slow to really enjoy te game :(

[/quote]
what about sound?
[/quote]

if the speed is sufficient, sound will be implemented.
other things are more important: we need more frames
and it seems to me we get it.

thanks zodttd, i´m impressed! :)

X-Code, I've done everything you said and just try at 166 but after Loading Success i've just got a black screen (with my MK2)
All others emu works at 266 with no problem.

X-Code posted on Jul 3 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
Hmm... What firmware are you using?, is the CD image a rip, maybe missing videos and other stuff? :)

it`s a MK2! ;)
it should have FW 2.0

have you tested your images on epsxe (or another emulator)?
check the spelling of your bios-file: scph1001.bin!!!!
a compatible image must run. :)

@X-Code: have you found any speed improvements? it is not easy to compare, because there is no hardwarescaling in the new beta and this scaling brought nearly 3 frames in Wipeout (11fps @275mhz), a good compromise between quality and framerate.

Nr.56 posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
Hmm... What firmware are you using?, is the CD image a rip, maybe missing videos and other stuff? :)

it`s a MK2! ;)
it should have FW 2.0

@X-Code: have you found any speed improvements? it is not easy to compare, because there is no hardwarescaling in the new beta and this scaling brought nearly 3 frames in Wipeout (11fps @275mhz), a good compromise between quality and framerate.

I missed the MK2 bit :lol:

Speed improvements... Hmm, in a couple of games things are better, and in some, things are worse, the main part is that we have better GFX with not much less speed... I think that zodttd, unai, tinnus and chui are doing the right thing, it is only a matter of time now, once the dynarec runs, we could see games like Abe's Oddysee running at 40+ FPS :), I do think that we'll see games like FF running at around 15 - 18 in battle given enough time... Anyway, I have kept full track of all my tests on file, I have a good reference bible :lol:

X-Code posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
Nr.56 posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:08 PM said:

it`s a MK2! ;)
it should have FW 2.0

I missed the MK2 bit :lol:

Speed improvements... Hmm, in a couple of games things are better, and in some, things are worse, the main part is that we have better GFX with not much less speed... I think that zodttd, unai, tinnus and chui are doing the right thing, it is only a matter of time now, once the dynarec runs, we could see games like Abe's Oddysee running at 40+ FPS :), I do think that we'll see games like FF running at around 15 - 18 in battle given enough time... Anyway, I have kept full track of all my tests on file, I have a good reference bible :lol:

you could make a table, and pm this to interested people. everybody can add missing tests (the same game on another clockspeed, speed differences between isos and packed files or between the last releases, ...) maybe it will be interesting. (The bible is readable for everybody!) :D

I'll consider formatting my bible a little, so that it at least includes the public tests... Maybe I'll create a new topic and edit results within it every couple of days :)... Feels like a load of work, but everyone can help and we can do it right here if we all follow the same guidelines regarding complete data output B) .

I consider it quite important to have a min / max scale whenever needed or possible, both for VSYNC and FPS... You see, in some games we may have lost 1 frame in the top range, but gained one in the bottom range, it is very important data :) .

I'll contribute the little testing I've done do the thread.

Searching through my sisters PS1 collection, I found a Spongebob Squarepants side-scrolling platformer. Upon testing, I discovered that after the loading screen and the Nickelodean logo that the game crashed.

I picked up my old copy of Running Wild. The menu, character and level select screens run like a dream. Unfortunately, when you get to the game, although the game seems to run at an acceptable rate, the game is unplayable because the graphics are a big pixel-y blur.

And finally, Harvest Moon Back to Nature simply wont boot.

Fantastic progress though, the future of this project fills my dreams. :D

outofsync posted on Jul 4 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
I picked up my old copy of Running Wild. The menu, character and level select screens run like a dream. Unfortunately, when you get to the game, although the game seems to run at an acceptable rate, the game is unplayable because the graphics are a big pixel-y blur.

Did you trying turning Progressive Off, and Interlace to 0? Might help the blur (tearing).

There's a chance that this is a really dumb question, and, if it is, just tell me so. But is it possible that this dynarec would benefit other apps (much like Squidge's mmu hack), or is it strictly useful for this emu?

A dynarec is something that's made specifically for a CPU emulator... it's like another way to emulate something. It translates the PSX CPU commands to ARM commands that the GP2X CPU can understand. In that case, the PSX's CPU, the MIPS R3000A. So Anything that uses a R3000A CPU could benefit...

Now find anything else that does :)

Tinnus posted on Jul 4 2006 at 01:01 AM said:
A dynarec is something that's made specifically for a CPU emulator... it's like another way to emulate something. It translates the PSX CPU commands to ARM commands that the GP2X CPU can understand. In that case, the PSX's CPU, the MIPS R3000A. So Anything that uses a R3000A CPU could benefit...

Now find anything else that does :)
Ah, I see. Very good answer. Thanks. :)

Hi Guys
Has anyone got diablo working at more then 4 or 5 fps??
The game is looking great but damn to slow :-(

i'm curios how dose it that a game like diablo runs at 5 fps
and a game like redalert runs at 35 fps (constant)

tnx guys
and zottd GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB!!!! :)

Back