Psx4gp2x Public Beta 2 Released.

I don't own a GP2x yet, but I will soon! N64 anyone... joking, don't flame. (but really even if it wasn't full speed who would complain?)

Out of curiousity, even if gp2xpsx doesn't "run" fullspeed, couldnt a simple frame skipper make it feel fullspeed?

Also you where talking about a blitter, but doesn't the video display chip i the GP2x deal with blitting automatically? (I'm new to this :p )

do.me.nice posted on Aug 11 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
I don't own a GP2x yet, but I will soon! N64 anyone... joking, don't flame. (but really even if it wasn't full speed who would complain?)

Out of curiousity, even if gp2xpsx doesn't "run" fullspeed, couldnt a simple frame skipper make it feel fullspeed?

Also you where talking about a blitter, but doesn't the video display chip i the GP2x deal with blitting automatically? (I'm new to this :p )

I think it has the frame skipping built in already

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

After a much needed break, I began work again on the ARM dynarec for psx4all. It improved greatly overnight, and is now much more stable, with the downside that there's a spot in the bios that crashes. I'll work on it more in a second.

I'm still without a working GP2X, but thanks to kind donators such as spinghed, Tobriand, and trixom getting one should be much easier. Thanks! :)

Unai is on vacation and won't be back until the end of the month. He still has plans for more work on the GPU and other psx4all aspects. :)

So I'm back to work on psx4all, slowly but surely that ARM dynarec will get done!

Thanks again for the support, I'm off to get some work done.

GPS2x.JPG

Probably the greatest project for GP2X, on the road again! damn good news :D

Zodttd should have his photo in the developper's guiness book :p

agreed, one the most interesting projects for the gp2x :) I'm very glad to hear that you are working on it again!
hope that you can get a new gp2x soon!!!

Here is the all important test:

Fire Pro Wrestling G at 266mhz

Menus: 20fps

In Game: 9fps (including multiple interlacing settings)

Ouch. I guess the ring and the ropes are 3D, which is causing the slowdown.

Darnit.

A GP2X is on it's way courtesy of EvilDragon. He informed me that it is pretested to work at ~280MHz so I'll even be able to test it under higher overclocked settings. I will use the remaining donations for the GP2X on development applications I really could use to speed up work.

The dynarec is going well. Since I rewrote it, it is now stable, though there is a bug in one instruction in the BIOS. Everything looks normal up till that point, when one instruction gives a wrong immediate. I'm not sure why it's occuring yet, but it'll be figured out. I sure have learned how to fix these things better. :)

I'll get some work done on psx4all and if it goes well I'll be sure to let everyone know. :p

Thanks!

Hey zodttd, You may want to change your signature now that you're getting the GP2X :) maybe just change the donation wordings at least.

Anyways great news! I can't wait to see the next release of PSX4GP2X :D

Hi all

was off for some time now, so one question: is psx4gp2x the same as gp2psx? i mean did you rename the project?

great work anyways!

greetz

Back