Psx4gp2x Public Beta 2 Released.

I think taking a rest was a good idea...

I got an early stage dynarec working! By early stage, I mean it's what's referred to as a "C dynarec" as it only recompiles the code necessary to call an external C function instead of the recompiled ARM code itself. Good thing is I can use the ARM code I made for the last dynarec and complete this task finally. It works though, and is faster at least on the Sharp Zaurus C1000 I'm using until the GP2X arrives. So once the actual instruction set is also recompiled, it will be even faster, which is a very good thing!

I'm going to try to see if I can get a release out this week for psx4all ports, though I need to check with Unai first.

I'll get a follow-up post done in the hour with some more info on the performance of the dynarec and determine if it is as stable as it seems. :)

Yay for dynarecs! :)

I hope you had some done in your well deserved off time.
Its great to hear that you will get a new gp,thanks to the donators and ed.
Welcome back :)

Sounds great Zodttd!

IsSuE posted on Aug 16 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
Hi all

was off for some time now, so one question: is psx4gp2x the same as gp2psx? i mean did you rename the project?

great work anyways!
greetz

Not to be rude, but the thread subtitle says psx4gp2x is the new name for gp2psx. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet good to hear, and thumbs up to taking time off :D I know I've been impatient, but I'm glad to see your really working your ass off ( you and your friends helping you ) before you release something. Wish I was old enough to send you some money to keep you rollin along tho =| o well lol

devestation posted on Aug 17 2006 at 05:11 AM said:
Sounds great Zodttd!

IsSuE posted on Aug 16 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
Hi all

was off for some time now, so one question: is psx4gp2x the same as gp2psx? i mean did you rename the project?

great work anyways!
greetz

Not to be rude, but the thread subtitle says psx4gp2x is the new name for gp2psx. :lol:

i noticed that like 1 minute after posting my comment... thanks anyway :)

I was wondering, as zodttd talked about a new beta, if sound emulation is planned to be re-activable?

also, what do you guys think about some background in the menu, showing a PSX pad, for those like me who can't remember the pad's mapping??? :p

l33tbunni said:
Any new developments happening? Ive been out of the gp2x scene for a while due to personal issues and I would like to get back in. Please keep psx4gp2x going, Ill help out if you could use more developers.

-Kris
This is the old thread, the newer thread (with updates) is here. :p

Back