Psx4gp2x Public Beta 5 Released

Hi,

First of all thx Zottd and all of your "comparses", then i testes phew games:

Settings where always, 266, , no ram tweaks, no sound, 0 scanline

Raystorm: run quite well, no graphic bug, @ beween 9 and 23 fps
RadikalBikes: Start quite well with no graphic @ about 20 23 fps but hangs when starting the game
Vagrant stories: same
Ridge Racer (1): No graphic bug but very slow @ about 5 fps

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Worms Armageddon runs very well at 270 mhz even with sound although the music is corrupt but the voices are still good :D
I never thought I'd see the day that i can play worms armaggedon on gp2x thanks very much zodttd

Yiiieeehhhaaaa, Great Relesease Zodttd ^^

It's Weekend now ^^ and got some sparetime to test and make a bunch of video's.

Nova said:
My 2x only clocks to 250 :(
Mine only clocks to 240 on psx4all. And 260 maximum and unstable with any other emulators and apps. That's why I want one of those gp2x' that craigix has still in stock which apparently clock higher... I sent him a pm but he didn't write back yet. Seems he doesn't want to sell one to me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My one is also up to 250MHz when using Ni-MH battery. But it can be up to 270MHz when using Energizer e2 Lithium battery (cannot be charged). I think it is due to the voltage of Ni-MH battery (1.2V) is lower for comparing to Energizer e2 Lithium battery (1.5V).

Here is the first bunch of videos, i gave them HQ resolutions for direct download.

I gave all games - Psx Clock - 80%
- PSx Cycle - 1
- Interlace - 0

Maybe you can tune it beter :) if you find the trick plz share it with us.

I realy don't like the - sound on - jet, So i putted a Relaxed Chilly Music track as background music ^^.

if the playback fails, you can go with your mouse pointer on the file, then click right mouse button - and choose save as..., load the file and Play ^^

Command_and_Conquer_GDI Disc :
http://www.jaylink.nl/psx4gp2x_071307/Comm...gp2x_071307.avi

Contra_-_Legacy_of_War :
http://www.jaylink.nl/psx4gp2x_071307/Cont...gp2x_071307.avi

Rat_Attack :
http://www.jaylink.nl/psx4gp2x_071307/Rat_...gp2x_071307.avi

Covert_Ops_-_Nuclear_Dawn :
http://www.jaylink.nl/psx4gp2x_071307/Cove...gp2x_071307.avi

Much more to Come ^^ :)

zodttd said:
kevcal: Maybe zodttd.com should post some more technical aspects?

Would be nice.., but don't let it interfere with your progress! :)

I guess you're staying with the dynarec now and given up trying to eke more power from the interpreter?
Also, how helpful was the arm/psx assembly code comparison - was it as good an asset as it first appeared?

Just tried FF7 @ 290mhz, advanced ram timings, interlace 0, default clock and psx speed. Very interesting. We now have music in the fmv sequences, and it is very interesting that the music plays way ahead of the video part to match. In fact, increasing the PSX clock cycle higher than the default results in this gap being even larger, although the sound seemed smoother at psx cycle 5 than the default. Neither interlace mode 0, or sound seems to make a big difference on the framerates in FMVs, so good job with that. I'm also happy to say that walking around w/o sound is full speed now (and may even need a framelimiter at times), and with sound, it is still very playable provided there aren't too many characters on screen. During battles without sound, the game is a tad slow, but still playable. With sound it is around 2/3 speed most of the time. Memory card situation is a little funky. When I started the game, I was able to format the memory card, and during the game, I was actually able to make a save to it. However, next time I booted the game, it told me again to format the memory card, so my save was gone...

I also tried Chocobo's racing and Legend of Mana at same settings. Chocobo's racing is full speed with sound everywhere except the races, in which case it is about half speed. Without sound, the game in very playable, but still needs work to get up to full speed. Legend of Mana I'm proud to say is almost full speed everywhere w/o sound. It bogs down a little when you go into that cave with Elazul and fight the monsters, although it is very playable right now. Adding sound really hurts in the caves, but everywhere else I tried, it didn't make much of a framerate difference. Note, both Chocobo's racing and Legend of Mana all had music during their FMV sequences, so I guess that problem has been fixed from the last build.

Keep up the good work Zoddtd!

Seems that in the new release, Soccer Kid and Project-X 2 got broken.
in psx4gp2x_071107 it was working. Hope to see it working again in the future ^^

Wow... sounds like this is another impressive advance for Psx4GP2x :). Will try out a couple of things once I've got my battery situation sorted lol!

:ph34r:
Tobriand said:
Wow... sounds like this is another impressive advance for Psx4GP2x :). Will try out a couple of things once I've got my battery situation sorted lol!
wow dude mortal kombat trilogy is getting 40 for framerate. Its def almost fullspeed. Sweet zod
it was only at 240 mhz with tweaks and psx clock was at 100. I think i can get it fullspeed if i oc and play with the clocks. Will be making a vid on youtube soon.

Just playing SaGa Frontier 2 right now. Runs pretty close to fullspeed aswell.

Clock at 1
CPU cranked to 90%
OC at 240
Sound off
Interlace 0

Okay quick little report: Menu graphics show some little artifacts (diagonal lines) but it isn't a bother really. Graphics otherwise are perfect! Looks amazing, fonts are readable and it runs very smooth. 3D stages are fast... it rocks! One of the best game I have seen running so far as it also looks like it was made for gp2x. Problem with other games was either speed or that a lot of the text is barely readable (command and conquer, worms).

xnopasaranx said:
Just playing SaGa Frontier 2 right now. Runs pretty close to fullspeed aswell.

Clock at 1
CPU cranked to 90%
OC at 240
Sound off
Interlace 0

Okay quick little report: Menu graphics show some little artifacts (diagonal lines) but it isn't a bother really. Graphics otherwise are perfect! Looks amazing, fonts are readable and it runs very smooth. 3D stages are fast... it rocks! One of the best game I have seen running so far as it also looks like it was made for gp2x. Problem with other games was either speed or that a lot of the text is barely readable (command and conquer, worms).
yeah wats with the text and graphics now. They seem blurrier but way faster so iam not complaining.

Cervante said:
playstation has solid snake
xbox has master chief
nintendo has mario
gp2x has zodttd
And many others :)

We are many, we are one, feel the power of the flesh!! (argh System Shock 2 on GP2X? :rolleyes: why am I writing that?!?)

Hi everyone!

News: Updated http://www.zodttd.com
I added a PSX4ALL VIDEOS page. I filled it in with mr.miyagi's videos. I'd like many more!

PLEASE, REGISTER FOR THE SITE AND LETS BUILD UP THE PSX4ALL USERBASE.

I'd like to have a central place for all psx4all related info, and how useful this site is depends on the number of users able to give feedback. :)

Jaylink, do you mind if I embed your videos on the page mentioned above?

Also, for those wondering...The graphics are blocky due to interlace 1 being the default. If you need the quality to be exact, just set interlace to 0. It will degrade performance as it's not rendering every other line, compressed vertically with hw upscaling.

Back