[Rebirth Competition] Slackware for Pandora 13.37 release thread.

I'm uploading the -current-5, with the brand new KDE 4.8.2 exceptionally shipped in it.

Upload should be finished in around 4 hours.

I noticed that some options are greyed in the now-embedded network manager. To re-enable them, edit /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and in the [main] section, add this line:

managed=true

Then reboot.

I'll add that in the next release.

I've tried to DL current 5 multiple times and failed everytime . You may want to check your file

The problem comes from the openpandora.org server.

Sometimes it fails.

You just have to retry.

sbopkg:

http://pandorawiki.o...ram_from_source

sbopkg grabs the soucres, compiles them, and installs the resulting package.

No *cloud* for me. I won't fall into that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me.

Mmm this dl bug is embarrassing.

I dl'd SL4P-13.37-3.tar.bz2 with my Pandora this morning and it worked (took 3 hours).

Now i'm uncompressing it since about 6 hours on my Pandora.

Wanted to do it on my PC but I use Windows 7 and had no luck with my virtual Ubuntu, so ....

The only brick wall I hit running an Ubuntu VM on my Win7x64 lappy, was that Virtualbox won't mount internal SD readers. It only recognises USB devices. So I just mounted the card via my Pandora, heh.

This next bit is not really about Slackware but ties in with some MIDI testing I've been doing. Other post: http://boards.openpa...on/#entry144606

I got Timidity (both mine and seb's packages) & Seq24 up and running in Slackware. I didn't build anything, just grabbed binaries etc from existing PNDs and installed them manually. I'm running the rt-kernel, and hoped it would be the cure for bad MIDI timing in Seq24 and other sequencers. Turns out it wasn't, I saw no improvement.

Torpor mentioned SD I/O activity being a factor in poor MIDI timing. Unfortunately I can't get around this when running from a boot SD. Running everything (including rt-kernel) from NAND is the final test I need to do, but can't. That said, I'm getting the feeling that the rt-kernel is not going to be the magic bullet I was hoping for.

Had the same problem with Virtual Box, it did not recognise my card.

After 36 hours of 'uncompression' on the Pandora, it works for me.

Just a first question : how do you change the environment ? I chose XFCE and want to try the others.

Thanx for your hard work :)

I got Timidity (both mine and seb's packages) & Seq24 up and running in Slackware. I didn't build anything, just grabbed binaries etc from existing PNDs and installed them manually. I'm running the rt-kernel, and hoped it would be the cure for bad MIDI timing in Seq24 and other sequencers. Turns out it wasn't, I saw no improvement.

Torpor mentioned SD I/O activity being a factor in poor MIDI timing. Unfortunately I can't get around this when running from a boot SD. Running everything (including rt-kernel) from NAND is the final test I need to do, but can't. That said, I'm getting the feeling that the rt-kernel is not going to be the magic bullet I was hoping for.
Cool, never tested those packages.

Did you configure the /etc/set_rlimits.conf ? http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_process_management

Had the same problem with Virtual Box, it did not recognise my card.

After 36 hours of 'uncompression' on the Pandora, it works for me.

Just a first question : how do you change the environment ? I chose XFCE and want to try the others.

Thanx for your hard work :)
36h ! Respect ^^.

As user:

xwmconfig

Then exit Xfce and type:

startx

Yeah, i'm lazy for now. I asked some questions about it but still no answer. I presume i'll have to dig it again myself.

For the error message, let the OP reboot alone. Should be smooth. Otherwise it may say your SD card isn't ext2 friendly.

I don't know.

There's no totem slackbuild, but some people succeeded installing it, at least on x86.

Don't forget that airplay is a proprietary service from Apple, so you should have two good reasons to avoid it.

Totem also runs on zaxxon but is too slow to be useable :(

The first thing I do when I get a fresh install of Linux is uninstall Totem.. I hate that player and it's generally installed by default on several Distributions..

Hey, these slackbuild thingies turned out to be much easier to use than I thought!

Built myself stalonetray for my fvwm setup, works like a charm.

Now I need FBReader and probably some smtp/imap software to make mutt worthwile and a bunch of cli tools I use. Will upload whatever gets compiled by midnight. :)

Back