Simple question

The Pandora wikipedia page says:

"As of September 3rd 2012, 4600 units have been shipped and 400 early supporters are still waiting to receive a console,[11] as these pre-orders are only fulfilled when sales to new customers are made.[12] Since June 2012, a new 1 GHz model has been made available in limited amounts during the summer 2012. Due to the shortage of previous 600 MHz chips, it is expected this new model could become de facto standard in the near future."

I'm the process(2 months) of trying to get a refund. (Apparently my order was already cancelled since I never saw the email that was supposedly sent to all preorder customers...) But putting two and two together, if what is quoted above is true, I can only assume that my prospective refund can only be possible if someone buys a 1GHz model? Is that so? Is the wikipedia statement correct? How come I only find out about it through wikipedia?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you did not receive the e-Mail from Craig try sending him a PM or try contacting him through the "ask craig" section. But It seems also possible that he deliberatly left you out of the recipients list as you are already in the refund process and may be offended if you would still get it.

Your conclusion is partly true as not only 1 Ghz but also Rebirth Model sales (to new customers) are funding the fullfillment of preorders. But that is no secret at all just read through the maybe 4 or 5 posts in the official news section and you will find everything you need to know (well expect when your refund will be happening).

Well I would've preferred to have a straight answer from pandora sales. Instead I got a "your check is on the mail", a check that never came and, after looking around the forum I'm pretty convinced that was a blatant lie. After that I haven't gotten many answers. I was last told by Craig that it will be dealt with eventually when they go through all the pile of mail, I just wish I had been told at some point that the only way for me to get my Pandora or my refund was for someone else to buy one. I know the information is "out there", but sending a mass email to *paying* customers is free and not so time consuming.

I have been waiting for years for mine. I got tired of waiting so i put it in the back of my mind and quit visiting the forum. I just thought about it the other day and checked in on things. Im disapointed and I dont know what i should do or what to believe. On one hand I want to support the community and the project and open source etc. On the other hand I dont want to lose my money or walk away empty handed. I have already invested enough time and money and things are tight right now, I wont be upgrading.

If new orders are fulfilling old orders, what is fulfilling new orders?

Why cant we get some tranparency here?

Are people recieving units at all? or refunds?

now that there are far less pre-orders, can i get my que number now?

New orders are more expensives than first orders.

I paid mine 320€, now a 600MHz OP costs 440€ and is shipped instantly.

Same for the 666€ 1GHz.

About transparency, there's regular updates on these boards, and the last waiting customers are slowly but surely shipped.

Note that we all understand here that this situation is a pain, but now the production is stable and solid so this is a matter of months, if not weeks.

wait, so new customers buying a regular pandora get it right away?? thats jacked up. I have been in this for 3 years now.. thats not fair

@b1llygo4t

It certainly appears that way. However, the reason things are being dealt with in this way is so that the OP Team *CAN* send you your Pandora.

Any other company would have declared bankruptcy long ago and that would be that.

I don't have time to explain the whole story, but please understand that the OP Team and most of this community are doing everything they can to clear the pre-order que.

Because of all the misfortunes and misshaps, huge debts and delays occured. There simply isn't any money left to just send out the remaining pre-orders... so the only way is to make new sales at a much higher price in order to finace the building and shipping of the last remaining pre-orders.

The good news for you is that you will be having your ram upgraded from 256mb to 512mb for your patience...

well can i pay the difference between the new price and the price i paid to get mine now?? or do i have to wait "2weeks/months/years" for my refund and then turn around buy a new one then???

i dont feel like i am top priority, and i should be. if selling new units will expediate the process of delivering units then what is the problem putting new buyers in the que with the rest of us? i should get mine soon right? things have picked up right?

the ram upgrade doesnt mean anything if i never get it. or die waiting..

well can i pay the difference between the new price and the price i paid to get mine now??
Good question. I think the only option is to upgrade to a 1GHZ model for immediate delivery.

what is the problem putting new buyers in the que with the rest of us?

I understand that you wish the queue were FIFO, but OPT is now only taking money from new customers when they have units in stock to ship. This is the only way to GET new customers (which help fund refunds/preorders like yours).

The best way to clear the backlog is to upgrade to 1GHZ and generate more sales. Preorders are shipping only with cash generated by upgrades/sales.

Just for the record, I understand and totally agree with what FaeMinx said but, judging by my correspondence and what I've read on this forums and the wikipedia articles, I think the open pandora sales store lied me to my face and I find that very off putting.

I think so, even if it's not listed in ED's shop. But better have this answer from him.

Did you received Craig's mail about upgrade ? He sent it to every one.

yes i did. im not willing to upgrade to 1000ghz. at this rate i'll probably end up with that anyway due to archaic ram no longer being available. lol "upgrade"

Ok, so you don't have a tracking number that transfer your order to ED's shop.

It's your choice.

About the RAM, since US motherboards, not only the quantity has been increased, also a better (600MHz) CPU revision, a better LCD cable, better nubs, better cases, and better mobo manufacturing from the german company.

From the overclocking tests, we concluded that new units can go higher.

Well you have one in case you upgrade...

At least this is what i did, maybe there is another solution ?

Back