Got My Email!

craigix said:
We are getting over 300 emails a day, a mix of 'I want to order a Pandora' 'Where am I in the queue' 'Has my order shipped' etc. etc.

Please, if you can be patient, be patient, it's impossible to answer all these emails and ship the units.

Which is one of the reasons why I don't mail your lot about the queue positions. With people in the 650+ range receiving their emails (and Pandoras in one case) it would appear that the queue isn't being followed, and that is a little upsetting for those of us that ordered as soon as possible - what was the point of doing that, if we could have ordered a year later?

On the other hand, it's plainly obvious (and not terribly surprising) that the quality of the early units leaves a fair bit to be desired, especially as the reason for many delays was to get a perfect device. I'm hoping that later units rectify these issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the OPT for problems - the forums were so vociferous in their shouting of "ship it! ship it!" that you couldn't test the newly painted cases properly without another eruption of indignant first batchers :)

Still hoping to get my email today, but I'm not holding my breath - although I was told that it would be shipped three days ago (at the latest), and I took steps to ensure someone would be here for it when it did, I have very little confidence that the queue order is being followed and so will just have to be patient, I suppose - we don't have any other choice really, do we?

Yours, without emailing you,

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
We are getting over 300 emails a day, a mix of 'I want to order a Pandora' 'Where am I in the queue' 'Has my order shipped' etc. etc.

Please, if you can be patient, be patient, it's impossible to answer all these emails and ship the units.
Which is why I said, so very long ago when the first person came up with the "brillant" idea of asking for their place in the queue, that it was not a good idea to be asking or telling. Not only were the numbers highly inaccurate to begin with, but with cancellations they've changed and people are highly suspicious, and now you've set a precedent of answering so people keep asking, even those that have already asked before I'm sure.
Even in an open project, there is such a thing as too much information.

Dunny said:
With people in the 650+ range receiving their emails (and Pandoras in one case) it would appear that the queue isn't being followed, and that is a little upsetting for those of us that ordered as soon as possible - what was the point of doing that, if we could have ordered a year later?
One of the "my place in the queue" threads had one person say something to the effect of "I got my confirmation at XX:YY and was told position ABC" followed by a post some time later that said "I got my confirmation several minutes before XX:YY and was told position significantly later than ABC"
At that point in time it became strikingly obvious that the queue positions being given had very little bearing on reality and I can't believe that people still put any stock in the estimates that were given at all.

I was told my Pandora would ship by Tuesday but I still haven't had a confirmation email. I completely understand how busy they are but to say I'm annoyed is a bit of an understatement! :(

100% with WizardStan. But I probably don't have to repeat my views on that. :p The more people ask for their queue position, the slower the wheels turn for everyone.
Alerino said:
maybe OP should open extra accounts, like: pandorahardwaresupport@gmail.com pandorasoftwaresupport@gmail.com

something like that
This is an excellent idea.

i agree with gruso and wizard stan

But IT IS A REAL KICK IN THE TEETH for those who have waited for over 2 years seeing people who have order later (in some case alot later) and received their emails/pandora's

That for me has left a real bad taste, and diminished my confidence

I'd still like to get my pandora by the end of june .. but i am not holding my breath, and am looking at other devices

RajTakhar said:

But IT IS A REAL KICK IN THE TEETH for those who have waited for over 2 years seeing people who have order later (in some case alot later) and received their emails/pandora's

I'd still like to get my pandora by the end of june .. but i am not holding my breath, and am looking at other devices

To tell you the truth, I never understood why my queue number was so high, considering that I ordered in the first 10-20 minutes that the ordering was online.

-God Ginrai

I can assure you they are being done in the order they came in. It's the only order we have. However there are plenty of people who were moved around when they decided not to pay for weeks and weeks after saying they would.

But the main news is: We're shipping them, you will get it, the Pandora is real, don't try to rush us, the QC is more important.

craigix said:

I hope you do understand that some of us can get a bit paranoid after a while though. When I emailed ages ago to have a TV cable added to my order I found out that my address information wasn't actually on file with my order and I was asked to email that along. I only found out because I emailed you, and that's not the only example of such things I've heard.

So yeah, I sent an email asking yesterday. For all I know something else went wrong with my order. Is there reason to assume something did? Probably not, but the precedent in my specific case makes me uncomfortable.

craigix said:
I can assure you they are being done in the order they came in. It's the only order we have. However there are plenty of people who were moved around when they decided not to pay for weeks and weeks after saying they would.

But the main news is: We're shipping them, you will get it, the Pandora is real, don't try to rush us, the QC is more important.
So they're not being done in the order they came in at all, but in the order that they re-ordered? (Hell I even re-ordered before my refund posted and had to contact OP to link my transfer number to my order number)

It's just a shot to the nuts that people who ordered after I did (and with other people as well) getting them first. It's kinda like waiting politely in the waiting room while people who come well after you get taken first. You can take it for a bit but eventually you get to the point where you've kinda had enough and want some sort of answer...

craigix said:
And please don't forget to solve the TV-cable problem if you find the time for this. ;)

:( I did wait quite a long time until I re-re-ordered because I only get monthly bills from my CC and I didnt know the exact amount although when the bill came I did as direct as possible. Well hopefully I haven't been put back to much.

craigix said:

And for those of us that had to save up extra cash for weeks and weeks, and were told that so long as we re-pre-ordered we wouldn't lose our place in the queue? The Pandora is an incredibly important piece of hardware - it's not being built by Nintendo or Sony, it's completely open - and some of use really broke the bank getting the money together so you could get this done, and for our troubles we're now told that we lost our place in the queue. I know the banking crisis was not your fault, but it wasn't ours either.

You're right - having seen the feedback from others who have got theirs, the QC is very important. This was delayed so it would be perfect, if I recall correctly. This does not make my other points any easier to bear, but I'm still hanging on in there.

D.

Bryce Leo said:
So they're not being done in the order they came in at all, but in the order that they re-ordered? (Hell I even re-ordered before my refund posted and had to contact OP to link my transfer number to my order number)

It's just a shot to the nuts that people who ordered after I did (and with other people as well) getting them first. It's kinda like waiting politely in the waiting room while people who come well after you get taken first. You can take it for a bit but eventually you get to the point where you've kinda had enough and want some sort of answer...
I think you misunderstand... People who didn't re-order in a timely manner got slipped back in the queue. After several weeks of non-payment the original order was canceled and the re-order payment secured their place at the back of the line again.

When I re-ordered, I got an email back stating that my original queue position was secured, and as far as I can tell - it was. The original order queue was preserved for those who were quick (within reason) in re-ordering. Sounds like you secured you queue position just fine, as did just about everyone I figure.

Like I said before, there is no way for us on this side of the screen to know what's going on on their side. It's true some people didn't get emails, but that's the nature of email. It's not secure, not reliable, and not time sensitive.

I ordered and paid for one with a credit card only moments after the release (maybe 15min, had problems finding the right site) after that they had to refund my money and I repaid them when they asked me to. They shipped my pandora this tuesday and I think its something like 440th they have made.

So don't panic just because they refunded you.

God Ginrai said:
RajTakhar said:

To tell you the truth, I never understood why my queue number was so high, considering that I ordered in the first 10-20 minutes that the ordering was online.

-God Ginrai

Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something. When did you actually pay? I didn't get my estimate queue slot from Jacquelyn until my payment was processed.

Arkay Firestar said:
Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something.
It's because credit cards were initially accepted, so payment was done at the same time as ordering. ;)

Arkay Firestar said:
Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something. When did you actually pay? I didn't get my estimate queue slot from Jacquelyn until my payment was processed.

I was under the impression that during the initial ordering phase, receiving a confirmation email meant that your payment was processed. Thats usually how it works with online ordering anyway.

Prometheus said:
Arkay Firestar said:
Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something.
It's because credit cards were initially accepted, so payment was done at the same time as ordering. ;)

Well that does change things, doesn't it :)

Arkay Firestar said:
Areyou not from America then? I ordered with creditcard so it was "paid" as soon as it was submitted.

Back