Got My Email!

I got my e-mail!!! I went for a one-nubber as for me there is not much need for the right nub (requested a working left nub at least).

I'm probably somewhere in the 3500 to 3750 range, so for me that was as good a reason as any to go for a one nubber.

DrCJBoduma said:
I have got my email. :D

CJ

(15:44 250-350)

still no sign from 14:51 unless thats 15:51 and i'm imminent (i tried the curry on pregnant woman trick by adding a battery and carry case to my order but no help ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
zounder1 said:
Most odds you will be charged GST/PST on the value of the item in Cdn$ and ~$7.50 for brokerage fee by Canada Post.

Yeah, that's fine...hell it's a privilege at this point. :blink: Just checked my tracking number..."item out for delivery"! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL YEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! :) :pandora2ut4: B)

Ok, stay calm...breathe... :)

So - for a delivery to the US using just the standard Air Mail - is there any way to know the status of the package or do I merely get to sit and wait and be surprised when one day it randomly just shows up?

OMG, I've got it in my hands!!! So, for any fellow Canucks, as zounder1 predicted, here's the fees I was charged on delivery:

5% GST (national sales tax in Canada): $17.39

Handling fee (Canada Border Services Agency fee): $5.00

Total: $22.39...not bad at all. The declared value of the Pandora was $347.76 CDN. I didn't order any extras, except the TV-Out cable. Item is described as "Computer - portable automatic" :)

Ok...I'll stop hogging the thread with my label reading, I should probably move on to the "I Got My Pandora" thread... :) Thanks all for the answers I found here...looking forward to many more!

Yippieee!! Ups tracking mail received! did not order ups, but as stated before, who am i to complain ;)

Queue place estimate from about a year ago: between 400 and 500
Ordered 14.39, but had a small delay in reordering

Looking very much forward to monday!! (estimated delivery day)

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

MooTheKow said:
So - for a delivery to the US using just the standard Air Mail - is there any way to know the status of the package or do I merely get to sit and wait and be surprised when one day it randomly just shows up?

I'm interested in knowing an answer to this as well.

^ I ordered mine with airmail in the US, and I was never told the status other than it shipped and to expect it in 7-12 days.

That's all you get with airmail, chaps - just wait and then one day soon it will magically appear. :p

EmuGuy said:
OMG, I've got it in my hands!!! So, for any fellow Canucks, as zounder1 predicted, here's the fees I was charged on delivery:

Total: $22.39...not bad at all. The declared value of the Pandora was $347.76 CDN. I didn't order any extras, except the TV-Out cable. Item is described as "Computer - portable automatic" :)

Ok...I'll stop hogging the thread with my label reading, I should probably move on to the "I Got My Pandora" thread... :) Thanks all for the answers I found here...looking forward to many more!

Good to know.. I am expected to get mine any day. I live in B.C. so I will expect to pay close to that also.
Maybe I will tell them to "shove it, I am not paying".... Ya right....

- Eisner

DrCJBoduma said:

CJ

Hmm, hopefully I'll get my e mail soon then as i ordered at 15:43 ;) :rolleyes:

Great to hear that production seems to be getting closer to critical mass - I've been trying to gain some sense of my "position" (my no news is good news internal dialogue is beginning to wear a bit thin!)
My order date (can't be more exact than a 2 week window) was Oct 08, but an email from Jacquelyn in Feb gives me a position of 1050 - 1150, (Eh?) the more i look at queue position threads/received emails prior to delivery etc, the more confused i become (i guess i have just answered my own dilemma)

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if the Pandora gets kind off popular; popular enough to get an insanely high demand by niche-standards (Let's say 10 000+ costumers eagerly waiting in line the day of the next preorder, "fighting" for 3-4000 supposedly produced Pandoras).

If the amount of Pandoras available at the preordering date would still be very limited compared to the actual demand, I would not be surprised if a high amount of those Pandoras later on could be spotted on e-bay (easy money). The assembly procedure would also have to change because of the high demand, again to prevent a massive storage of Pandoras on e-bay (faster assembly, somehow).

That's just how I imagine things. It would suck if random people could earn money from many years hard work by the OP-team, by e-baying lots of Pandoras.

Kind of off-topic; but this could be a possible scenario.

DrCJBoduma said:

CJ

Harumph. My confirm time is 2 minutes earlier, no email yet.

(oh yeah, congrats and all that)

Chairman_Now said:
DrCJBoduma said:

CJ

Harumph. My confirm time is 2 minutes earlier, no email yet.

(oh yeah, congrats and all that)

Mine's 30 mins earler. No mail yet. Just sitting on my hands here.

RajTakhar said:
i wish there was more info on delivery status .. to units (real and from all rev versions) .. to which supplier craig/ed/faith .. and how many left
its a pain in the rear at the minute
I don't see much uncertainty. They got 700 PCBs, sent a few back, maybe 50 escaped early with less than 2 good nubs.
600 shipped to people in the queue order, 400 through Craig, 200 to ED.
They should have 350 empty cases left, and ought to be expecting 400 more PCBs very soon. Once those arrive, it should be quick to case them up since lots of the early wrinkles have been found.

Eisner said:
EmuGuy said:

I missed the postal delivery today and will have to pick up my Pandora Tomorrow.
Says on the postal slip that I owe 46.73. More than your 22.39. Will be interested to see why mine is so much more.

- Eisner

Prometheus said:
That's all you get with airmail, chaps - just wait and then one day soon it will magically appear. :p

I got a USPS tracking number with my pandora order which i used air mail

it has not arrived yet but the tracking says....

Your item arrived in the United States in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:32 PM on June 24, 2010.
Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Inbound International Arrival, June 24, 2010, 9:32 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

hopefully should arrive soon cant wait!!!

I've got one from EvilDragon:
Your order has been updated to the following status: Package sent
Ordered at 16:13 CET (15:13 UK time, I guess) on GBAX. After credit card fiasko and repay to ED account in Germany moved to his line.
Shipped via DHL.
Waiting fo package...

Back