Got My Email!

I'm 3600-3700 in list... but no one can give me a date... I don't want to know the exact day but at least which month, and if it's in the first or second half... I don't think I'm asking too much. I'm really getting frustrated and tired of not having answers.

No mail yet. Back to my two-months-rhythm. In the meanwhile I'm watching some FIFA World Cup and delving into the depths of Ubuntu 10.4. As well as having a well deserved vacation from school.

^ it's good to keep yourself occupied ;)

I'm just back from a ~5 month break from technology (travelling in India), but I kept the press-site in my eye whenever I got online.

Just heard I am placed 1950-2000 in the queue, from which I deduct it will take approximately 4-5 weeks for my pandora to ship/arrive.
Hopefully in time for Eth-0.

lorenzoferrara said:
I'm 3600-3700 in list... but no one can give me a date... I don't want to know the exact day but at least which month, and if it's in the first or second half... I don't think I'm asking too much. I'm really getting frustrated and tired of not having answers.

Right now, you're not going to get a better answer than this: http://www.pandoraproduction.comze.com/1_2_Production-Progress.html

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Duty is totally random in the USA and Canada.

In the UK it is much more predictable.

One thing for sure though, if they decide to charge you something (sometimes in the USA a fee for just looking at it!) you will never get the package until the fee is paid.

My experience receiving International shipments into Canada is actually very predictable.

(1) If the item is marked as a gift and value is less than $100 declared value. No taxes/duty.
(2) If the item is marked as a gift and value is greater than $100 you might get to pay PST/GST/HST. No duty.
(3) If the item is commercial and marked in value over $20 you will pay PST/GST/HST and a brokerage free.

Folks confuse duty charges (which are pretty rare for shipments into Canada) with the PST/GST/HST that must be paid for all items coming into the country. I have purchased lots of electronics/tools/equipment and I have never had to pay any duty on any item ever. For folks in Europe the PST/GST/HST is our VAT we pay on most purchases.

Folks also get confused by brokerage fees - these are fees charged by the shipping company for submitting paperwork to Canada Customs. Again, this charge goes to the shipping company and is not a duty charge.
If you want to avoid the item getting held up, you can often call the shipping company and give them a credit card to pay the PST/GST/HST for you in advance so there is no need to have someone at delivery point to wait to pay the taxes due.

Bosbeetle said:
Its on its way to my doorstep and the trains are very delayed so Im back at home, maybe Ill catch it :D
Where did you order? From Ed? If so I am interested in your ordernumber.

I decided to take a gamble on a one-nub unit, and this morning, I got my 'it's shipped, thanks for your purchase' email.

You know the feeling you get when someone you've been pining away over and dreaming about for years suddenly agrees to go out with you?

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

b_o_b said:
Bosbeetle said:
Its on its way to my doorstep and the trains are very delayed so Im back at home, maybe Ill catch it :D
Where did you order? From Ed? If so I am interested in your ordernumber.
Nope, it's from GBAX and a warranty replacement.

Rockthesmurf said:
quartercast said:
I just got my email!
Wooooooohoooooooooooo!

My order was from Craig, confirmed on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

I got my confirmation at 30 September 2008 15:39:33 and have no email yet :(

Steve

I GOT MY EMAIL! MY PANDORA IS ON ITS WAY! I MUST ORDER A SD CARD! CAPS LOCK IS ON! IS IT TOO LATE TO CANCEL!

:)

Steve

zounder1 said:
Folks also get confused by brokerage fees - these are fees charged by the shipping company for submitting paperwork to Canada Customs. Again, this charge goes to the shipping company and is not a duty charge.
If you want to avoid the item getting held up, you can often call the shipping company and give them a credit card to pay the PST/GST/HST for you in advance so there is no need to have someone at delivery point to wait to pay the taxes due.

Thanks zounder1, that makes things clearer for me. Guess I could phone Canada Post and see if there's any brokerage fees or taxes owing on this shipment.

I'm 250-350 (around 14.30 UTC) and haven't heard a peep. Have there really been less than 350 Craig units shipped?

EmuGuy said:
zounder1 said:

Thanks zounder1, that makes things clearer for me. Guess I could phone Canada Post and see if there's any brokerage fees or taxes owing on this shipment.

Most odds you will be charged GST/PST on the value of the item in Cdn$ and ~$7.50 for brokerage fee by Canada Post.

Hi :)

Zipperwitz said:
I'm 250-350 (around 14.30 UTC) and haven't heard a peep. Have there really been less than 350 Craig units shipped?
Same here, #250-350 in GBAX queue, and no news yet :(
I know I should relax, but the wait is actually killing me. Every morning I check my email box, and every morning I'm disappointed...

craigix said:
Yep, managed to build a few more units from parts we had left. This is what we are doing this week, we're resurrectionists.
What parts will you be waiting for now ? Cases or boards ?

Bye, Magic Sam

I'm 400-500 in the queue, and because of that I have naturally not got any shipping confirmations. I did not bother to e-mail the Pandora-team for asking "how long before my unit gets shipped", as we all know that the OP-team get bombed with such requests on an everyday basis.

I guess those of us without a Pandora in our hand can think about it this way; when the Pandora arrives, the software would most likely have an overall better quality compared to what we have this very day.

Back