Got My Email!

hydzior said:
My estimated queue is or was 350-450 (asked for it month ago or so) .
Still no shipping confirmation :] .
Same here.

Other info: I sent my re-order money (after the bank incident) on Feb. 7, 2009, and received the confirmation email on Feb.15:
Just to confirm we have received your transfer and it has been matched to your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
The order queue position approximations are very much approximations, and sometimes human error is at play (my case, for example; I was told I was number 550-650, but I'm sitting here playing with my Pandora that has serial number 65...). Kind of makes me wonder if they accidentally shipped my order instead of the actual number 65...and what if that dude never gets his unit?

I doubt the serial number has anything to do with who got shipped what. You;ve seen the Town hall pictures, they're too busy making them to be trying to make sure each one is going to a specific person. By the time it gets inside a box they dont know what number is on it.

I'm apparently at position 410-640 (according to Jacquelyn), no sign of any email yet though! :( Was hoping to have it for my wandering this bank holiday weekend (hopefully next week!!)

Stouffa said:
I'm apparently at position 410-640 (according to Jacquelyn), no sign of any email yet though! :( Was hoping to have it for my wandering this bank holiday weekend (hopefully next week!!)
What time did you get your confirmation email relative to UMT though? We've already established these position numbers are worthless. :p

WizardStan said:
Stouffa said:
What time did you get your confirmation email relative to UMT though? We've already established these position numbers are worthless. :p

I'm pretty sure I got my order in just before 5pm, my confirmation email says 1550, what's that in UMT ? (apologies for my stupidity, it's been a long and stressful week in work!!)

Stouffa said:
I'm pretty sure I got my order in just before 5pm, my confirmation email says 1550, what's that in UMT ? (apologies for my stupidity, it's been a long and stressful week in work!!)
What timezone are you in?

I'm in the Republic of Ireland so it's the same as the UK, so I was a tad confused when the time on the confirmation email differs by an hour (do these things automatically take daylight savings into account?)....

All these time zones are starting to get confusing use THIS to convert to UTC so there is atleast some continuity between different order confirmation times.

Penix said:
All these time zones are starting to get confusing use THIS to convert to UTC so there is atleast some continuity between different order confirmation times.

thanks for the info, double checked all my details, and I did indeed place my order at 1550 UTC :) Is my assumed place in the queue (410-460) anyway close to accurate?? ;)

I got my order confirmation at 14:43 UTC, and was recently told 400-500 as a queue approximation. Haven't received a shipping email or any email from my post office that they've received a package for me. So hopefully I'll be getting some news soon...

I was told I'm 700-800 (nice accuracy, there...), and at this point, I'm just worried whether I'll actually get one of the first 1000. Which seems like a silly worry, since 800<1000, but weird shit is going on here.

absolofdoom said:
I was told I'm 700-800 (nice accuracy, there...), and at this point, I'm just worried whether I'll actually get one of the first 1000. Which seems like a silly worry, since 800<1000, but weird shit is going on here.

It seems reasonably possible that you will NOT get one of the first 1000, for the simple reason that if you are 700-800 on Craig's list that does not take into account ED's units or Fatih's units. I forget how many ED was having and I've never known how many Fatih was having, but assume they get 500 each for their stores and Craig is having 3000. So from the first 1000, ignoring many other issues that could be in operation (like saving international shipping costs) and we'd get that Craig has an allocation of about 750 from the first 1000. Any dicking about - ANY - and that could be even lower. So 700-800? You could get from the first sub-batch, but PLEASE do not rely on it!

PS ED may have only 400, and Fatih maybe only 200 - that would improve your chances. Some people are skipping ahead in the queue by taking faulty half-nubbe dPandoras - that will reduce your chances. Swings and roundabouts.

Thanks Mali. Yikes! 700 - the chances of anyone with 700-800 queue position just went down. I'd really, REALLY look at the negative responses we're getting on early deliveries and see OP tightening up QC and take comfort in a later delivery. there's always a silver lining if you look around for it ;)

Yeah, the supposedly improved QC is what keeps me from freaking out. My place in line is somewhere around 4000-4100 and still to be determined.
j/k
Not freaking out. Patient as always :)

Another working week ends, still no mail for my 250-350 position Pandora. Sigh :(

Back