Stylus: Black Or Chrome

black or chrome?

• black (plastic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chrome (steel)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polossatik said:
Still haven't found any indication about thestylus slot in the case except for the faq

http://pandorawiki.org/FAQ#Where_does_the_stylus_fit.3F

If not then things like this stylus might then be more or less useful.

2xKU990-STY-EBAY1-NW.jpg

That's the type they ship with the GP2X F200. They're kinda cute as a third party accessory, but shipping your product with one is an admission that you couldn't be arsed designing a stylus slot into your product. Personally I found it fiddly, uncomfortable, and very easy to lose (that little thread finds its way undone in no time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
That's the type they ship with the GP2X F200. They're kinda cute as a third party accessory, but shipping your product with one is an admission that you couldn't be arsed designing a stylus slot into your product. Personally I found it fiddly, uncomfortable, and very easy to lose (that little thread finds its way undone in no time).
I lost mine on the very first day I had my GP2X :(

(And I'll mention this again: Please no chrome-plated metal, I like my skin and want it to remain on my hands :( ... but that really only applies to me :p)

geo12 said:
I would like black, but with an actual metal tip like the old Palm Pilots. It would make a nice tapping sound when it touched the screen, versus the cheap plastic ones that came later.
The tip has to be the right kind of plastic so it doesn't scratch the screen.

Personally, I'd like a platinum stylus encrusted with diamonds for better grip. I think Mark Hammill actually offered to make these! B) Failing that, metal bolt stylus all the way! No paint to wear off, looks good and I have been using them on my touchscreen devices for almost five years. :D
I certainly can't go back to using a plastic stylus.

bolt_gold.jpg

:eek: :D

black

However, the link says its black metal - with a plastic tip. So, if it is like that, then I think the poll options are stupid because I would have voted for chrome if the black one is plastic only.. - It has to be heavy. And the poll options tell you that it is plastic, the link says its metal - with a plastic tip.

Although I like my zodiac bolt, I really wouldn't mind having a plastic stylus as default for the pandora to ship with.
I just want it to be long (not tiny like the nds ones) and have a rubber tip, which is way better to write with (plus it doesn't scratch the screen).
who here has a metalstyli can confirm it's way better :)

VRAndy said:
I'm hoping that the stylus slot will fit one of the existing standard stylus sizes.

It'd be great to be able to buy a pack of Palm Pilot or DS styluses and use them when I invariably lose the Pandora's stylus after the first week.
I have the same problem with my DS. I have the old style which has styli that you cannot find anywhere.

I voted for steel because I don't want a plastic stylus - just for the weight. I'd like a black-colored metal one, if possible. If not, just a black tip would be fine.

I don't really care, as long as it is confortable to use and not pink :)

I'm planning to use a goose quill anyway if I can find one still not cut for writing :) (no, non really as in "daily", but it's definitely something I'm going to try sooner or later - with a screen protector)

Back