Got My Email!

Bryce Leo said:
Arkay Firestar said:
Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something. When did you actually pay? I didn't get my estimate queue slot from Jacquelyn until my payment was processed.
Areyou not from America then? I ordered with creditcard so it was "paid" as soon as it was submitted.

More recent orders through Google Checkout involve a little more back and forth with Jacquelyn. After an email or two a Google Checkout link is provided, and then when payment goes through a confirmation email is sent. At least, that's how it was for me (I ordered a few months ago).

And no, I am in America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce Leo said:
Arkay Firestar said:
Not really understanding why everyone throws the time at which they ordered around as some sort of definitive proof of something. When did you actually pay? I didn't get my estimate queue slot from Jacquelyn until my payment was processed.
Areyou not from America then? I ordered with creditcard so it was "paid" as soon as it was submitted.

That's not how credit cards actually work.

-God Ginrai

I asked Jacquelyn for confirmation a few weeks ago - I was at 600 - 700 on the list, so I assume this would be more accurate compared to email times? I ordered just after 7:00pm GMT on September 30th 2008 (probably about 7:10, as I get back from college at 7:00), and got my confirmation email at 7:13pm GMT. So if anyone ordered before then, I think it's safe to assume you're before 600 - 700.

Anyway Craig, that post did make me feel better about waiting :) . I'm getting a bit impatient because of not knowing when I'll receive mine, and because I have a lot of people on my back saying it's a hoax and CONSTANTLY asking me when I'm going to get it, which is frustrating. I hope you were right in your tweet to me, and I'll get mine next week :)

To be honest even though I ordered on day one, this wait is pretty good for me. It means more software is out, the OS will have another hotfix by the time I get mine, and the early build errors seem to have been mostly sorted. It means I'm going to get a better Pandora tham if I ordered a few hours earlier, which is not a bad thing at all! I'm content in waiting - I just wish other people would get off my back, as it's affecting my confidence in the whole thing. They know how much it's been delayed, but not by following the forums so they don't know the reasons WHY. When I get it I'll be sure to wow them with it :lol:

God Ginrai said:
That's not how credit cards actually work.

-God Ginrai

Lol, duh.

However after the funds are authorized which is near instant now a days the transfer happens between the CC company and the CC processor either holds the funds or directs them to the businesses account. The CC company has the obligation to get the money from the person therefore the company has been "paid" instantly in the sense that they will receive their money as long as the CC company doesn't go bankrupt.
I work this stuff in my real life job so I simplify it because the backend doesn't matter a damn when the end result is the same. The company is assured a payment after the transaction is authorized.

My order confimation came 44 minutes after preordering started (30 september 2008 ,15:44) . My estimated queue is or was 350-450 (asked for it month ago or so) .
Still no shipping confirmation :] .

craigix said:
I can assure you they are being done in the order they came in. It's the only order we have. However there are plenty of people who were moved around

How very Orwellian.

Monk said:
craigix said:
I can assure you they are being done in the order they came in. It's the only order we have. However there are plenty of people who were moved around

How very Orwellian.

Just to check, how many 250-350 have/haven't recieved theirs yet?

Thanks
DrBoduma
*completely ignoring all the advice for calm and patience

Barnaby said:
I asked Jacquelyn for confirmation a few weeks ago - I was at 600 - 700 on the list, so I assume this would be more accurate compared to email times? I ordered just after 7:00pm GMT on September 30th 2008 (probably about 7:10, as I get back from college at 7:00), and got my confirmation email at 7:13pm GMT. So if anyone ordered before then, I think it's safe to assume you're before 600 - 700.

Anyway Craig, that post did make me feel better about waiting :) . I'm getting a bit impatient because of not knowing when I'll receive mine, and because I have a lot of people on my back saying it's a hoax and CONSTANTLY asking me when I'm going to get it, which is frustrating. I hope you were right in your tweet to me, and I'll get mine next week :)

To be honest even though I ordered on day one, this wait is pretty good for me. It means more software is out, the OS will have another hotfix by the time I get mine, and the early build errors seem to have been mostly sorted. It means I'm going to get a better Pandora tham if I ordered a few hours earlier, which is not a bad thing at all! I'm content in waiting - I just wish other people would get off my back, as it's affecting my confidence in the whole thing. They know how much it's been delayed, but not by following the forums so they don't know the reasons WHY. When I get it I'll be sure to wow them with it :lol:

I second that I ordered like 17:00 and Im 550-650, no shipping email yet

Barnaby said:

that's actually quite annoying - I ordered a good 2 hours earlier, confirmed and all, and have told in the past 2 weeks I am 750-850.

10mins here or there fine - but one of us has been put in the wrong place by a good chunk.

silver said:
Barnaby said:

that's actually quite annoying - I ordered a good 2 hours earlier, confirmed and all, and have told in the past 2 weeks I am 750-850.

10mins here or there fine - but one of us has been put in the wrong place by a good chunk.

Huh. That's odd. Either one of our estimates is wrong, or something else if affecting it - maybe it took longer for your money to transfer? Did you order with a Credit Card or Debit Card? I used a Debit, so it might be faster since the money in the account is actually mine, and not some kind of loan like a CC.

DrCJBoduma said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

How very Orwellian.

Thanks
DrBoduma

haha some 250-350 are more 250-350 than others

Ok, it's time of the daily report. Confirmation received at 14:30 UTC (375-425), still no email. Tatataataaaaa :ph34r:

silver said:
Barnaby said:

Are you sure your doing the GMT and GMT + ? trick right? Also check your email for the order confirmation email what time it is

Bosbeetle said:
DrCJBoduma said:

Thanks
DrBoduma

haha some 250-350 are more 250-350 than others

But some 450-550 are not as 250-350 as the 250-350ers :huh:

DrCJBoduma

Here's my story. I don't remember exactly when I ordered but I know it was within 5-10 minutes of the open pre orders. I emailed openpandora a while ago and was told I was between 300-400 and I wasn't too upset with that but I knew I should probably be in thie first 200 or so. On May 25th I got my confirmation email so I figured my place in line was closer too 100-200. I guess you should really just take your queue as an approximation. I'm just hoping the pandora I am receiving was made after they stepped up the QC! ;)

Should have been here today but it looks like it's Monday for me now, unless there's a Saturday delivery. Boooo! I'll have a few beers, the weekend will soon pass..

Mithrildor said:
silver said:
Barnaby said:

Are you sure your doing the GMT and GMT + ? trick right? Also check your email for the order confirmation email what time it is

Yeah, my email says 30 September 2008 19:13. I live in the UK, so all my time is in GMT - I don't have to convert it or anything. I believe it would be UTC 18:13, in case you wanted to know. Based on the email, it seems I used a payment system called protx, but I'm not sure if that's just the service they used with the emails or something to confirm the order. I really can't remember what service I used to pay, but I know I used a Debit Card. When we had to re-order, I just did it by direct bank transfer.

Well I guess I understand now probably I just took to too long refunding. At first I didnt notice that my CC company only put the money back onto my account if I called them (cc's are a bit different in the netherlands they are directly linked to your bankaccount) I only saw that some time later. So probably I am put back a fair bit. I can live with that.

craigix said:
I can assure you they are being done in the order they came in. It's the only order we have. However there are plenty of people who were moved around when they decided not to pay for weeks and weeks after saying they would.

But the main news is: We're shipping them, you will get it, the Pandora is real, don't try to rush us, the QC is more important.

If that means what I think it means (and it would explain why my second payment confirmation after the credit card mess was a higher number), that's pretty shit. It was a fair amount of work trying to get Xoom working (which it never did), finally sending a money order because I didn't want to loose my <1000 (<700? 17:40 UTC) spot, when I guess I could have re-ordered last month with google checkout and not have waited much longer for a Pandora. Oh well, only two more months...

Back