Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Please say it may be nearly over, then the mood will surely improve - and we are starting to get developers discussing stuff too. :)

I just got an email back from pandora customer service. They said people who ordered on the 30th are the last ones left.

I had placed my order well before the newsletter went out so I guess I am still waiting.

4:23 -5 EST Dec, 10 2008

Got refund email, no refund yet.

I got mine today. I was about to post about how I was pissed the I got double hit with the foreign currency conversion but then I realized that the second one was a refund :)

OCT 01 Foreign Curr Conv Fees & Charges –$10.61
OCT 01 Gp Distribution Newcastle Uncategorized –$353.50

DEC 09 Pur Rtrn Gp Income $293.51
DEC 09 Foreign Curr Conv Income $8.81

Down $61... Hopefully the credit card form will be up pretty soon. I'm not messing around with bank transfers. I don't think those are so popular in the US.

East coast USA. I got my refund late yesterday / early this morning today.

Refund: $321.55
Paid: $387.26

The exchange rate as of ~11PM EST yesterday indicated that:

$1 = £0.774054
(Google Finance)

However, the ratio of my refund to what I paid is 0.8303.

So aside from the ratios being unequal, my question is - with the exchange rate being what it is, does this seem backwards? The dollar has gained value with respect to the pound, so shouldn't we get more money back, rather than less?

I suppose it's irrelevant, since we will pay what we were refunded, but does anyone else find this a little strange/irksome?

Jonn said:
I suppose it's irrelevant, since we will pay what we were refunded, but does anyone else find this a little strange/irksome?
Dollar getting stronger -> more pounds for dollar; set amount of pounds -> less dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine yesterday. Exchange rate... fail. oh well. I hope the CC reorder page is up soon, they told me it would not be in my best interest to bank transfer from the US as I'd get charged yet more fees.

Dollar getting stronger -> more pounds for dollar; set amount of pounds -> less dollars.

Ah. I made the opposite assumption.

Australia -- got the email 9 days ago, refund today. Not too bad.

Paid $473.21 (£202.88) -- $485.04 with fees
Refunded $465.90 (£202.88)

I don't see anything wrong with this. The $11 in fees (which I'll probably have to pay again) is a pain, but looking at it the other way, an extra $20 for double the RAM is a bargain.

Refund received in Brazil.

But it is less than I paid (paid US$ 408, received 332,25, looks like the refund is only for the Pandora not for the accessories?

When I pay again, I should pay exactly 332,25 right?

Got my refund yesterday (US).

And for "Hitnrun" above, the difference in price is just the change in exchange rates. I paid $390+ and got back $320+. Hopefully the reorder page hits soon so that I don't get bitten when/if they go back up.

P

I got the mail more than 2 weeks ago, and I finally got my refound today (Canada).

Paid : 382,33$cad
Refund : 359,70$cad
Net lose : 22,63$cad

I hope the CADGBP don't change much until we got the "Credit Card Order Page". Caus' I won't order by bank transfert.
If I'm not losing much, I'll order an extra TV-out, else my pand' will be up for adoption.

Yours,
Seb

Back